Insight Global Recruiter/Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.3

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn to have a phone interview. We set up a time to speak the next day. The phone interview was really easy and it was more of a conversation to confirm that I was interested in the job. The recruiter went over the job description and asked me basic questions about my college experience and the types of activities I like to do in my free time. I set up an in-person interview for the following week. My recruiter called me the day before the interview and told me to dress business professional and to come up with at least 10 questions to ask. I was interviewed by 3 different account managers. None of them asked me any true interview questions. The goal of this interview is to make sure you can carry conversation. I spent most of the interview asking questions. Overall, the account managers that interviewed me were pleasant and the job seemed like it would be challenging, but enjoyable. My recruiter called me after the interview and asked me how it went. She said she would call and get some feedback for me. I waited a week and she never called. I called her and she said she hasn't talked to my interviewers yet, but will do so soon. The next day I got the rejection email. It was definitely the strangest, but easiest interview I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment other than graduating college?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Insight Global (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone call with a recruiter for Insight Global. That lasted about 45 minutes. She then offered me an in-person interview at their Downtown Cincinnati office. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I talked to two different account managers during the interview. They were both very nice, very high energy people. They were both only a year older than me fresh to the work force. Did not ask much about what I could do but asked what I liked to do outside of work. Kept things every conversational. After the interview the recruiter told me to give her a call to discuss how it went, but she never answered or returned my calls. I figured it was a no after she never called me back. Almost 2 weeks later I got an email from her saying I would not be best for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on the weekends?   1 Answer

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Interview

This was easily the strangest recruiting/interview process I've ever had. The recruiter for Insight Global asked me what I was going to wear to the interview and told me I should wear heels instead of flats. The recruiter will try to prepare you though and tell you to think of ten questions to ask your interviewers before you go. I can't even really provide any questions they asked me because we mostly just talked about the drinking/partying scene at my alma mater.

Interview Questions

• Were you in a sorority in college?
      Do you like to party?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Insight Global (Morristown, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Messaged via LinkedIn. Set up a phone screening shortly thereafter. Rushed, uninformative conversation where I was put on hold twice. Lots of noise in the background, recruiter was not interested in my answers whatsoever, just wanted to get me in office to reach her quota. Once I agreed to that, I was interviewed by two very young salespeople who wanted to know what I did on the weekends and interesting facts about me. Oddly casual conversation in an oddly formal environment. Haven't heard from them since. Completely unprofessional, uncomfortable experience.

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Interview

Easy going process, casual interview, everyone was nice but at the end of the whole process wasn't a good fit really either way but glad for the experience. Consisted of being contacted by a recruiter, two phone calls/interviews then an in person interview then they emailed me.

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Was messaged via LinkedIn about a job opening. Had a phone interview that went very well and she was really helpful in giving me a detailed outline of the company and the role I was interviewing for. Then went in for an in person interview and interviewed with 4 different account managers, very conversational. Lots of talking and you must have lots of questions prepared.
    Later had a more casual lunch interview with their two senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      What makes you a perfect candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Richmond, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

First is a phone interview with a recruiter, who more than likely contacted you first via LinkedIn, etc. Next is a one-on-one interview in their office with two or three account managers. If that goes well, you are advanced to a lunch/social interview with two more leading account/sales managers. It is important to ask a lot of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

This interview was closest to my experiences rushing for Greek life in college, and likewise was primarily focused on screening whether or not you are able to hold a good conversation in person. The account managers I met with were friendly and easy to talk to, and the conversation was very casual. They asked why I was interested in the position but besides that and personal questions used to start conversation (where are you from, etc.) they let me drive the conversation and ask questions. Towards the end of the interview they showed me the work space and I shook hands with every single recruiter on-site, each of which introduced themselves to me in a rapid-fire line. Everyone was friendly and professionally spoken but after meeting most employees I struggled to find diversity in the workplace.

Before the interview I had spoken to a recruiter on the phone who made it sound like the path to the Account Managers position was quicker and more certain than became apparent during my visit. This interview is not worth your time if you are looking for a higher level position or enjoy the more technical sides of sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was recruited on LinkedIn and had a brief phone conversation with the recruiter. She was nice and very talkative but seemed more interested in my social engagements than my resume. I was invited into the office for an interview. I thought it went pretty well and the recruiter called me the day before to give me some tips. I sent a thank you email and a follow up email only to hear back that I was not the right fit for the company. I have also heard similar stories from friends of mine that have also been contacted. It seems they just have to conduct a certain amount of interviews but it's odd they contact so many people only to turn them all down.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to "sell myself" and why they should choose me.   Answer Question

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Insight Global in May 2017.

Interview

First you get a phone interview and then you get a standard face to face interview with someone else. You're going to start recruiting first and then in 8-9 months you'll move forward and become an account manager. If you're into sales go for it. If you're not don't do it.