Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,014 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,014 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

It was a fairly informal interview. The first round took place in a conference room, and I talked to two or three Account Managers. The conversations were less about work and more about our lives. The interviewers were extremely likable, and it was easy to talk to them. My recruiter called me within an hour to tell me that I had a second interview.
     The second interview was with the branch manager, we went out for lunch. The conversation was basically the same as the first interviews. We talked about our lives and hobbies. It didn't feel like a job interview.
    It was overall a very strange experience. Everyone I interviewed with had to be under 35 and seemed concerned with company culture more than anything.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview process, mostly conversational. If you are good with people and extroverted this interview should not be very hard because those are the type of people they are looking for.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Conversational. They want to see that you can carry a conversation with someone you don't know well. They want to see you can hold your own with clients. Its good to ask questions about them.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Keep the interview going. Share as much as you can about you and what makes you a team player. They want to see you can hold a conversation and stay actively communicating with others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and you as a person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Boston, MA).

Interview

I interviewed at Insight Global for a Recruiter/Account Manager position. I first met one of their internal Talent Acquisition reps at my University's career/job fair. She was very nice, and after talking for a few minutes about my interests she suggest I look into Insight Global. We talked on the phone about a week later and I set up an interview with the Boston office, which was close to where I lived. I walked in a few minutes early and was placed in a small interview room to wait. The "waiting area" of the office is empty and you ring a bell to talk to someone, there is no receptionist. I waited in the small conference room and finally someone came in. She had a black eye and immediately laughed and explained that it was from falling from being drunk at a club a few days ago. We had a short conversation, she mostly asked me about my friends and if I was in a sorority and what I liked to do for fun. I tried asking about the position and the company and all she would say is that the people were so fun and the job was so fun and she was making lots of money. Another girl came in and asked pretty much the same questions about my involvement in college and what I liked to do for fun. A third person came in, this time a guy, he had more of a management role to the previous 2 girls. He looked at my resume and asked a few legitimate questions, about my previous experiences and jobs, and my degree. I had a science degree, he asked why I wasn't pursuing something related in the science field, and told me with a smart degree like that I should be looking somewhere else. I explained that while I enjoyed science, I was considering other options, and was looking to immerse myself among hard-working, passionate people in the industry of sales. He still insisted that I do something "useful" with my major. I found it to be rude at first, as I was really interested in recruiting, and I did fit the company culture of Insight Global (thin, blonde, pretty, sorority) however in the end, maybe he was saving me by encouraging me to look elsewhere...
    After I left the interview I called the original Talent Acquisition Rep whom was still working with me on this, she asked how it went, I relayed it went well and everyone was very nice, I just felt like we never covered much in the interview. From that point on I was put off by the weird interview and dynamics of the manager so did not continue to pursue the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I went to the interview and met with a different person than I was told I would see. It was a casual conversation about my background and education and what I wanted in a future job. The interview was about 25 minutes, the person interviewing me said she might be late for a meeting so she had to leave before i could finish asking all questions.

Recruiter/Account Manager Track Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The company is a great company, I just had a poor/ confusing interview experience. Not the company for me- so take that in mind as you read this.

I was contacted on LinkedIn. Quickly scheduled an interview and brought me in for the first meeting. Was told to dress professional and come with resumes. Met with recruiter that contacted me for first interview. She was great! Second interview took place at office of choice. Was told I would meet with one account manager, ended up meeting with another last minute. The first account manager had no idea who I was or how my first interview went. Talked with him for about 10 minutes and he hardly asked me any questions about my resume or looked at me. It did not feel like an interview. Then he left and a second account manager came in shortly after and asked me all of the same questions I told to the first two people. He was excellent in answering my questions and talking about my resume. Then a third account manager came in and again asked me to give the same information the previous three had asked. Although, she asked me a lot of personal questions and didn't really care about my resume. I was very confused about the process and felt like I was just being handed off. Did not seem like they knew how to interview. I did not get the position, although I felt that I am highly qualified for the position. I didn't feel like I got a fair chance to show that. Maybe it was due to my inability to adapt and they could tell I was confused. I just was expecting something a little more professional. It was a newer office though. I also did not think it was enough pay for the job, $30,000. I think the job would be great experience for people just out of college, but if you have more experience than that you can find a company with better pay and more experienced workers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?

A couple questions about what I liked about my previous job, what I learned from the experience?

What do you do in your free time?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruited through on campus job fair, the recruiter was extremely nice and helpful. The second interview wasn't what I was told to expect, I didn't get to tour the office nor did I meet the other corporate recruiter.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Interviewed once on the phone and once in person. Was very easy. They want an outgoing personality, hungry for success, money driven. They want someone they are able to talk to. Small talk is key. Keep talking about anything.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

There was an on campus interview that was very natural. We talked about my interests and why I would be a good fit for the company. The next part of the interview was in the office and I met a couple account managers and got a personal feel for the culture of the company.