Insight Global Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insight Global Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It is incredibly quick Process and the recruiters keep you informed every step of the way.

The Phone Screen is normally a review of your skills and to see if you would be a good fit for a consulting Role within their organization.

In Person interviews are normally with the client you would be working with for Insight Global and plan for at least an hour of your time for this interview. Also Plan to be early for it so you can have time to get to know the engagement manager.

Also, I have found it helpful for the engagement manager to join in with the Client interviews. It helps give them an idea of what the client is looking for and it helps you understand the working relationship.

Interview Questions

• How to you handle ambiguous working environments?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a potential project manager job on Friday and she scheduled an interview on Monday. She refused to send a job description, which seemed odd. When I arrived, the recruiter who is obviously a new employee with no experience, claimed the position has been filled and that she wanted to meet me face to face for any future opening. Of course, she never emailed me to explain the position "was filled". I realized at the end all she wanted to refresh her contacts in the database and she didn't mind wasting two hours of my time. This happened to me in the past with the same agency, so I recommend not working with them.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter was not prepared to ask any questions. She just wanted to confirm I am still in the market, which is a waste of time.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

I was contacted several times by different recruiters from Insight Global. Each time, the recruiter would ask about my hourly rate but little else. The job descriptions were incredibly vague and the recruiters seemed to have no interest or knowledge in the actual role for which they were recruiting. The latest call came from a recruiter by the name of Mallory Denson, who seemed very excited about a potential role for me. She asked for two references from my current or previous managers to have ready. I wasn't too sure that was a great idea, but was preoccupied and was in the job market, so I sent the information over.

I never received any kind of follow up, and I'm quite sure Mallory was only contacting me to get leads for future business. It was extremely shady and I have informed both managers that they should not returned her calls or emails.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Typical interviewing process and background search. They asked my work experience, my education, skill set, why I would be qualified for the job, etc. The team was great, very thorough, analytical, communicative and personal. They knew what they were doing and executed it properly. Then they did background check, I did drug test. And then eventually I got an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done over the phone with an Insight Global hiring manager. They accommodated my current availability and provided the necessary background for the position. I communicated first with the professional recruiter and then with the account manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Bellevue, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I very much enjoyed working with Venus at Insight Global (Belevue, WA) who helped me find the position for one of their clients in Redmond, WA. Venus's knowledge, professionalism and her communication was excellent. She was genuinely supportive and thoughtful and maintained constant communication throughout the process. I look forward to working with her in future again.

Interview Questions

• I had couple of phone interviews and then face to face interviews. The questions were related to the job description and my qualities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

30 Minutes phone call. Hiring manager had called me and asked about my past experience as regards to IT security. He was particularly interested in my soft skills. Insight Global recruiting team had prior to the interview prepared me so I wasn't taken aback at the questions asked. After the interview I called Tim to debrief and before end of day, I was called to inform me that I had got the job! Overall I must say I was glad to have been referred to the company by Insight Global.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertaining to past employment and experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Insight Global (Charleston, WV) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Insight Global then with whatever the company is requires an interview as well. The interview with Insight Global was a phone interview initially then later a Skype interview with the recruiter and the account manager that is managing the current job opening. they are thorough with the screening process to be sure you are the correct fit for the position.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Having been a consultant for better than 10 years, you can imagine that I deal with scores of recruiters on a frequent basis. I have found Insight Global to be thorough in the vetting of candidates, always courteous and positive, and diligent about presenting relevant opportunities. I also appreciated a willingness to use Skype as an alternative means for a face to face meeting with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• My willingness to work in a hybrid capacity (PM and BA)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Insight Global (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

1 hour telephone interview going over the project management methodologies, project management style, and experience dealing with difficult team members. The project manager was on time initiating the call. Project manager conducted herself very professional through out the interview process. She made a decision within the next couple of hours after the interview

Interview Questions

• How do you handle team member who keeps missing the deadline?   Answer Question