Insight Global Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.4

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global in July 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from Insight Global reached out to me via email and asked if I was interested in a position that they were trying to fill. They also requested my resume.
A phone interview was scheduled for two days later. The interview went well. The recruiter said they would be back in touch with me within a few days; a week at most. After a week I emailed the recruiter as a follow up and asked what the status of my resume was and what the next step would be. I did not hear anything from them; not even a rejection email; NOTHING. Not even the courtesy "thanks but we are going with candidates we feel are a better match for the position.
If that is the way that they are going to treat people who are interviewing then I want no part of that company. Totally unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What types of projects have I managed in the past.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insight Global (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on a Friday afternoon to discuss a Project Manager's position. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and was asked to come into the office on Monday to meet her and her manager. During the face to face interview lasted about 7 minutes with the two recruiters. The only reason it lasted that long was due to me continuing to stop them from leaving the room to give them more details regarding my experience. I was was told by the Account Manager they were having a meeting with client tomorrow and would get back with me. I had to get back with them and I was told they were still interviewing other candidates for the position. They knew when they met me I they were not submitting for the role. This is so unprofessional, if they think I was not a good fit just let me know. Don't lead me on thinking I have chance when I didn't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

IG has very crisp and organized interview and recruitment process. They understand the specifics around technical project management, the needs of their clients and the skillset of their candidates; making the process smooth. Communications about the role and interview process were timey and very clear.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about your work experiences? ( They are very keen in the candidate being able to articulate the experience and describe the work they have done in detail (i.e. software development methods, tools used, programming languages, etc)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Stamford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was quick and easy. Insight Global did a great job preparing me for what to expect throughout the process. The easiest and quickest interview process that I have ever experienced.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It is incredibly quick Process and the recruiters keep you informed every step of the way.

The Phone Screen is normally a review of your skills and to see if you would be a good fit for a consulting Role within their organization.

In Person interviews are normally with the client you would be working with for Insight Global and plan for at least an hour of your time for this interview. Also Plan to be early for it so you can have time to get to know the engagement manager.

Also, I have found it helpful for the engagement manager to join in with the Client interviews. It helps give them an idea of what the client is looking for and it helps you understand the working relationship.

Interview Questions

• How to you handle ambiguous working environments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a potential project manager job on Friday and she scheduled an interview on Monday. She refused to send a job description, which seemed odd. When I arrived, the recruiter who is obviously a new employee with no experience, claimed the position has been filled and that she wanted to meet me face to face for any future opening. Of course, she never emailed me to explain the position "was filled". I realized at the end all she wanted to refresh her contacts in the database and she didn't mind wasting two hours of my time. This happened to me in the past with the same agency, so I recommend not working with them.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter was not prepared to ask any questions. She just wanted to confirm I am still in the market, which is a waste of time.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

I was contacted several times by different recruiters from Insight Global. Each time, the recruiter would ask about my hourly rate but little else. The job descriptions were incredibly vague and the recruiters seemed to have no interest or knowledge in the actual role for which they were recruiting. The latest call came from a recruiter by the name of Mallory Denson, who seemed very excited about a potential role for me. She asked for two references from my current or previous managers to have ready. I wasn't too sure that was a great idea, but was preoccupied and was in the job market, so I sent the information over.

I never received any kind of follow up, and I'm quite sure Mallory was only contacting me to get leads for future business. It was extremely shady and I have informed both managers that they should not returned her calls or emails.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Typical interviewing process and background search. They asked my work experience, my education, skill set, why I would be qualified for the job, etc. The team was great, very thorough, analytical, communicative and personal. They knew what they were doing and executed it properly. Then they did background check, I did drug test. And then eventually I got an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done over the phone with an Insight Global hiring manager. They accommodated my current availability and provided the necessary background for the position. I communicated first with the professional recruiter and then with the account manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Bellevue, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I very much enjoyed working with Venus at Insight Global (Belevue, WA) who helped me find the position for one of their clients in Redmond, WA. Venus's knowledge, professionalism and her communication was excellent. She was genuinely supportive and thoughtful and maintained constant communication throughout the process. I look forward to working with her in future again.

Interview Questions

• I had couple of phone interviews and then face to face interviews. The questions were related to the job description and my qualities.   Answer Question