Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.3

835 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant, the recruiter was there for me if I had any questions. Overall, this was the most informal interview I have ever had. They really wanted to know about me and my personal life, they are looking for people to build a genuine connection with their clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Started out as a casual conversation of getting to know each other and then another person came in and started asking more sales type questions, which was a little more difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

super casual, back and fourth conversation. almost too laid back though to even know if it was a good interview or not. after the interview i reached out to the recruiter thanking her for the opportunity and was looking forward to hearing back from her. never heard anything, not even back from anyone, super unprofessional in my eyes.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Total waste of time. The recruiter that contacted me was unprofessional. She didn't care what I had to say and just wanted to meet a quota for getting me into the office. She set up an appointment and I went and was told to wait in a conference room. I waited for at least 20 minutes (nice power move) before I met with two different people...both were different than the two I was supposed to meet. The first person just rattled on a bunch of facts about the job and left. The second person barely asked me anything. If it wasn't for me being able to carry a conversation and ask them questions, the interview wouldn't have lasted more than 5 minutes. The second guy seemed like your typical former frat boy turned business guy and I was thinking the entire time I could run circles around him in a real business setting. Don't be fooled, this company is nothing more than a place that hires people that look good in suits and throws them just enough base salary to make them think theyre probably using their degree. I'm happy I wasn't accepted the job because I'm now making more than the people who worked there for years are making.

Side note: both of the people interviewing me were perplexed at why I brought multiple copies of my resume even though the email said to do so. It also said to come with a good attitude yet they seemed like their dog just got ran over. Again, total waste of time.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. We emailed and scheduled a phone interview. I was asked to attend an in person interview. I interviews with two people, separately. The questions were very general, nothing too hard. I felt at ease, and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very easygoing interview, mostly conversational to see if you are capable of engaging with clients in a friendly way. The interview process itself took only a week and everyone in the office was friendly and welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy, conversational style interview. Really friendly people work for insight global and are passionate about what they do. Had a preliminary interview on my college campus to discuss what the job entailed. Then had an onsite interview that tested my communication skills and lastly had a lunch interview that was very laid back. The important thing is to lead the conversation and show that you are capable of taking control.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for insight global   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Contacted the recruiter over the phone and had a brief interview. Then I proceeded to meet with three other account managers within the next few days in the office. I finally met with the sales manager a day or two later for the last step.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

The interview was very informal and conversation. The person who interviewed me was in her mid twenties and talked a lot about the social aspect of the company. Seems like it is more like a fraternity than a company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Insight Global (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You will see or meet about 5 people who do the actual interview (all come in for about 15 minutes at a time) and at some point of the interview you are taken back to the office to meet everyone in a roll call fashion. It was impressive but when there I noticed that all the males were very masculine, tall, fit and all the females were very tall, thin, and attractive as well.

It was very evident from the beginning that this was an industry that highly valued aesthetics and the longer I spent time in the interview the clearer it became that the hiring process was more of a beauty contest that a skills/personality evaluation. Even when looking up review and company information I noticed a post stating that one of their values was GREEK LIFE!! Even as a part of Greek life I thought that was very immature to post and lacked professionalism.

I have many friends who work within this company and of the ones I have talked to about their time at this company (after the interview) have all complained and expressed negative opinions about working here. Recommend it as a backup or a landing place between jobs.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter told me to have a "conversation with them" more about school and social activities than skill assessments.   1 Answer