Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Insight Global

1,169 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Mine was a little different since I was interviewing at a different office. First I submitted my resume online, had a phone screening, had an interview in one office, interviewed in another office, had a lunch interview, then a Skype interview. It's normally not like that - it was just my experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think you'd be a good fit here.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very positive interview process, mostly about your attitude and ability to talk to people. Did not give much insight into the company no matter how many questions were asked. Make sure you have a lot of questions prepared or it will get awkward. They want to see how well you can direct the conversation yourself, and dont ask very many questions about your personal ability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

They contacted me through Linkedin and told me to submit my resume through their online application. I was then contacted for a phone interview that only took about 5 minutes. It was super casual and mainly consisted of us talking about our college experiences. I was then invited for an in person interview. I met in a very small room at their San Francisco office. The person who interviewed me was very nice and overly enthusiastic but she seemed very rushed and like she did not want to be there. It seemed extremely fake. She also asked very basic questions and told me she liked everything I said after I said it. She also just kept asking if I had andy questions for her. It only lasted about 15 minutes. I received an email a week later stating that I was a great candidate but they had better options.
    Overall this company seems very fake and I think everything happens for a reason, so I probably wouldn't have gotten along with a bunch of fake sorority girls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

The initial communication was great. One of their recruiters had been communicating with me greatly beforehand, told me about the process, and I felt very confident (aside from typical interview nerves). I was told that I would be interviewed and also encouraged to ask questions. I felt fully prepared by the time I got there. However, my interview was disastrous. The first woman who spoke with me was very nice, talked with me briefly, and then said she was sending in the next person. The next woman who came in was extremely abrupt, did not smile once, and only asked me one question before showing me out. I was shocked

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Insight Global in July 2016.

Interview

A corporate recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I replied and a phone interview was scheduled. It was 30 minutes and super casual, not the typical "tell me about yourself and your resume." She worked in those questions more casually when talking about my interests, what I did in college, which kept me at ease. They're basically looking to see if you can hold a conversation and are outgoing (read- not boring). I was pretty excited about the company at this point because I bonded with the recruiter, despite what I read and the boring job responsibilities (basically cold calling all day). I was offered an in person interview at the end of the phone interview.

The recruiter called and prepped me for the in person interview, she said it was super conversational and might be with a few people. They just want to see if you can be fun and outgoing. At the interview, I was easing into carrying the conversation like I'd been prepped. I didn't want to be too over the top/chatty from the second I walked in, I wanted to get a feel of the interviewer. However, turns out only one person was interviewing me and it was over before I knew it. It was super surface level and I wasn't asked a single question about my qualifications/resume. At this point I'd been asked "what I did last weekend" 3 times, but nothing skills related once. Thought the 1st round didn't go as well as I expected because I didn't "carry the conversation", but the recruiter called me as I was walking out of the interview and offered me a final round interview and tips for that. Tip: Show your interviewer that they'd be crazy not to hire you!

Final round interview is over a meal. Mine was lunch. Tried to be over the top, but again nothing about the job, my skills, resume, or any of my accomplishments was discussed. They're only trying to see if you can carry an hour long conversation over a meal/outing because this is what you'd be doing in an account management role (which is the next position up). However, the interviewer was kind of awkward. In my experience, in general, someone you are having lunch with will tend to carry some of the conversation as well because that's why they're giving you the time of day. Not the case here. Bring questions to the final interview, there will be time for that. Salary discussion was short and very vague. Basically throwing out large numbers you may or may not make in the next couple of years at best, to hide the fact that the starting salary is 30k with ~50 hrs a week. After lunch, another short interview with another account manager, basically reintroducing yourself and asking any remaining questions you might have.

Overall, I just wasn't very comfortable at this company and what they valued in their recruits. It was fake at best. Don't get me wrong, I'm a people person and very outgoing but I also want to grow as a professional since I'm right out of college. There's room and time to gauge someone's personality while also valuing their accomplishments and talking about what they can bring to the table. In the end, this feeling probably translated in the interview because I wasn't offered a position. The experience was good for opening up to an interviewer on a more personal level, but nothing like any of my other interviews. Recruiter reached out one last time and said it was a tough decision, and that was the only feedback given.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, how do you apply your major to this field, why sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Insight Global (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Was called on a Monday, with the interview scheduled for the next day. Interview took 30 minutes, was relatively laid back. Met 3 different people Accounts Manager, Internal Recruiter, and Branch Manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What does success look like to you?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

A recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn and then I had a phone interview. She invited me to come in to the office to have a one on one interview. I have had heard positive and negative things about Insight Global so I was excited to go in and see what it was all about. I fit their ideal candidate as I was in a sorority and I am very outgoing. However, the woman who interviewed me was very unprofessional. She only asked me one question and besides that she only talked about herself and every time I would try to speak or ask her questions she would cut me off to continue talking about her own personal life. Complete waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Insight Global (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to multiple people who repeated questions as the one before. Lastly, you meet with someone who is in your position to walk you through a normal work day.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you handled a difficult personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Insight Global (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview, which focuses mainly on talking about past experience. After that, I was asked to interview on site at their office in Pittsburgh, PA. Very simple interview. I talked to three different people, one at a time. It was very conversational. Not many specific questions were asked. Just be prepared to talk about and sell yourself. Also be prepared to ask questions. I think the recruiters like when you show interest in their lives. It gives them a sense of how you would be as a recruiter.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Insight Global in September 2016.

Interview

A recruiter from California had reached out to me on LinkedIn after viewing my profile. She said I matched the kind of person they were looking for and wanted to schedule an over-the-phone interview. The next day we spoke over the phone. Pretty easy going interview. She said she would set up a second interview for me at the office for which I was applying for. I never heard from her after that, even after emailing her to confirm the plans.

Interview Questions

• What experience from your education do you have that you feel applies this job?   Answer Question