Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.3

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I was contacted by someone on Linkedin. I had a phone interview that went well. Then I had an in person interview. In the interview, I was asked super simple questions about my life. Honestly, don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight Global (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Seemed like they had no idea I was coming It was very long and they seemed just to judge me on my looks. It wasnt that bad but need more direction

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

I got my first interview through my college career fair- first was with a corporate recruiter very casual and conversational, just getting to know each other and more about the company. second interview they bring you into the office in the location you're interested in- interviewed with two account managers, just whoever was available/in the office. they asked pretty broad questions like why sales and related work experience based on your resume.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

intitial phone interview to answer general questions, recruiter does not allow much time to speak. in office interview with 2 account executives who just want to make sure that you have people skills and are able to hold a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight Global (Boston, MA).

Interview

Pretty easy going, just conversational. Didn't ask a lot of typical interview questions, it was more just to make sure you were able to hold a conversation with someone. Everyone was very friendly.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The process started off well, the recruiter's make you feel super confident throughout the entire process. After an initial "getting to know you phone call" I had an in-person interview which was very conversational. I then traveled (no reimbursement) to the office for an in-person interview with 3 people. The first recruiter was easy to talk to, the next person seemed like she had no idea she had to interview me. Didn't review my resume, pulled questions off the top of her head, wasn't very prepared and seemed put out to be interviewing me. The last person had a much better attitude. Overall, wasn't what I expected.

Application

Interview

Was told I was going to be interviewed by one Person and was interviewed by 3. It was as if they didn't really have time and I felt like a burden they had to deal with.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The first (and only) thing I was asked was if I had any questions then I was asked to interview the recruiter with my questions. The recruiter really seemed like he did not want to be there and anything encouraging he said seemed really fake. The kicker was when I reached out to the company after a few peers from my university had gotten denial emails, I asked them to refer my message to the recruiter I was interviewed by and for a follow up on how my interview went. It has been two weeks and I still haven't heard anything. I'm understanding that they just must have forgotten to send me a denial email but I called to get feedback and you never call back? Unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter on LinkedIn, set up an on campus interview and then an onsite interview in the LA office. My recruiter was very helpful in preparing me through every step of the application process. I think the company was looking for a specific type of person, and is very selective in doing so. I had a great experience overall through the entire process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Boston, MA).

Interview

I interviewed at Insight Global for a Recruiter/Account Manager position. I first met one of their internal Talent Acquisition reps at my University's career/job fair. She was very nice, and after talking for a few minutes about my interests she suggest I look into Insight Global. We talked on the phone about a week later and I set up an interview with the Boston office, which was close to where I lived. I walked in a few minutes early and was placed in a small interview room to wait. The "waiting area" of the office is empty and you ring a bell to talk to someone, there is no receptionist. I waited in the small conference room and finally someone came in. She had a black eye and immediately laughed and explained that it was from falling from being drunk at a club a few days ago. We had a short conversation, she mostly asked me about my friends and if I was in a sorority and what I liked to do for fun. I tried asking about the position and the company and all she would say is that the people were so fun and the job was so fun and she was making lots of money. Another girl came in and asked pretty much the same questions about my involvement in college and what I liked to do for fun. A third person came in, this time a guy, he had more of a management role to the previous 2 girls. He looked at my resume and asked a few legitimate questions, about my previous experiences and jobs, and my degree. I had a science degree, he asked why I wasn't pursuing something related in the science field, and told me with a smart degree like that I should be looking somewhere else. I explained that while I enjoyed science, I was considering other options, and was looking to immerse myself among hard-working, passionate people in the industry of sales. He still insisted that I do something "useful" with my major. I found it to be rude at first, as I was really interested in recruiting, and I did fit the company culture of Insight Global (thin, blonde, pretty, sorority) however in the end, maybe he was saving me by encouraging me to look elsewhere...
    After I left the interview I called the original Talent Acquisition Rep whom was still working with me on this, she asked how it went, I relayed it went well and everyone was very nice, I just felt like we never covered much in the interview. From that point on I was put off by the weird interview and dynamics of the manager so did not continue to pursue the position.