Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.3

546 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter in the Baltimore office. Drove 2.5 hours to the northern VA office to interview in person. Interview lasted about 20 mins. Called the recruiter after to debrief with her; sent the interviewer a thank you email the next day. Never heard another word from either the recruiter or the interviewer despite follow up emails. They never even validated my parking garage ticket like they said they would.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

on campus 15 minute interview, then a visit to the office where you talk to two different account managers for about 10 minutes each and no one ever asks questions about resume or even brings it up through the whole process then you tour the office. Finally, i went to a final lunch interview where i felt that they weren't very interested. Im very personable and thought my personality fit well then i got rejected. You have to travel for both interviews even if you're far away with no reimbursement. Didn't think they looked at my resume at all or asked about any activities.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational and see if you can hold a conversational. didn't ask basically any interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Interviewing for a position at insight global was fine. Went through to a final interview to then be declined an offer. Pretty extensive process to be interviewed by mostly 24-25 year olds. After not getting the job with insight global I was tossed around to different “recruiters” for positions elsewhere and that was a complete nightmare. Needless to say, it was a waste of time. Super unorganized and although it doesn’t all fall directly on IG, it was very obvious that there were some discrepancies on their side. Disappointed to say the least.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Washington, DC) in December 2017.

Interview

The process took a long long while. I was reached out to on LinkedIn then I had a phone screen, an in person interview on campus, and TWO in person interviews where I had to drive to DC.

I found the process to be unbelievably shallow. The recruiter (bless her heart, she is an extremely kind person), always told me to "look sharp" and "heat treat my hair" before every interview. They did not care about credentials at ALL. As someone who is proud of my major and my college accomplishments, I was disappointed that every person I talked to was very disinterested in any type of community service, volunteering, or prior experience. All they seem to care about was looks and Greek Life. The feedback they had for me at the end of the process only had to do with how "sharp" I looked, not my attributes. Disgusting. I will say, the women in my final round seemed to have good intentions, but it still felt slimy.

As the icing on the cake, one of my interviewers made a "JOKE" about rape, saying a woman he worked with "lied about being raped" in college. I am not sure how I was meant to react to this, but I can tell you it surely soured my view of the company further. I would never want to work in an environment where this type of behavior is a part of the office culture (and from what I saw, it is). Truly the worst interview experience I have ever had.

This company is a trap. I am sorry to anyone who is tricked into working here.

Interview Questions

• How is the food on your college campus? Are you in Greek Life?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The process took about a month or so. I interviewed in the office twice as well as a lunch interview for the final round. Very confrontational, rarely asked about things on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a campus recruiter via LinkedIn and he set up an onsite interview for me. I interviewed at their Boston office. First thing I noticed when I walked in was no one was at the front desk to greet. I called for someone and a lady walked out and brought me to an empty conference room where I waited for 10 minutes. The recruiter I had talked to came in and prepared me for the next couple interviews. The interviewer came in and acted unfriendly. She asked me about 5 questions, and then I asked 5. They expect you to ask around 10 per interviewer. After she left, the recruiter came back and asked me if I had anymore questions. I thought I would be talking to more interviewers but I guess not. Overall it was very unprofessional and just an all around weird atmosphere. The interviewer was cold towards me and they must've not liked how I only asked 5 questions, which for any other company is more than fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Walked in had to use the phone to dial for someone to come out of the sales room to come meet me and put me in a conference room. The recruiter who I had been talking to told me to ask for three people to speak with, none of them were available to speak with me. Very much a younger, sorority/frat kind of vibe, having not been in a sorority wasn't really a fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insight Global (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted via LinkedIn. Prepared extensively for a 1:1 interview, drove 4 hours to interview. Once there I wasn't asked a single relevant question regarding the job. This hurt my ability to showcase my skills and prove I was a good candidate for the job. It seemed clear to me that no one even knew I was coming in for an interview and they just sent someone out to talk to me for 20 minutes. Total waste of my time. This company seems to be great at wasting your time.

I understand that this company does not even care about skills and experience, other than a bachelors degree, however their main goal is apparently to just see if you can carry on a conversation. Well from my experience, regardless of if you can or cannot do this , you still won't get the job. I don't understand how they choose candidates. But if contacted via LinkedIn by the account manager or whomever, I wouldn't take it seriously whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• How far did you just drive to come here?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. We then spoke on the phone for about 15 minutes in which she told me a brief overview of the position and set up a time for a formal interview. I then went on campus to interview for 30 minutes. The interview was mostly small chat and didn't ask that tough of questions. It seemed to be mostly a test of how well you can carry a conversation and present yourself.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insight Global in November 2017.

Interview

This company is a joke! After reaching out to me because he had seen my resume on LinkedIn, we agreed on a phone interview session. Austin Long told me he would call me on Wednesday at 12pm which was the reason why I took time off of work. At 12:30, he still hadn't called which is why I tried calling him. I wasn't able to reach him so I left a message. Never got back to me. So rude and unprofessional. If companies are not interested, don't set an appointment for an interview and waste people's time!