Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.3

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The process started off well, the recruiter's make you feel super confident throughout the entire process. After an initial "getting to know you phone call" I had an in-person interview which was very conversational. I then traveled (no reimbursement) to the office for an in-person interview with 3 people. The first recruiter was easy to talk to, the next person seemed like she had no idea she had to interview me. Didn't review my resume, pulled questions off the top of her head, wasn't very prepared and seemed put out to be interviewing me. The last person had a much better attitude. Overall, wasn't what I expected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

This is the worst interview experience I have ever had. The recruiter tells you she only has 15 min to speak with you but interrupts you every time she asks a question to make her own conclusions. For example one of the interview questions was walk me through your resume. As soon as I started speaking about my qualifications she kept interrupting me and everything I said she simply replied with a "You have great leadership skills" even though I was talking about analytical projects I have worked in the past. Seems to me they don't even want to listen and they are trying to rush you so they can meet all the candidates.

Application

Interview

Was told I was going to be interviewed by one Person and was interviewed by 3. It was as if they didn't really have time and I felt like a burden they had to deal with.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The first (and only) thing I was asked was if I had any questions then I was asked to interview the recruiter with my questions. The recruiter really seemed like he did not want to be there and anything encouraging he said seemed really fake. The kicker was when I reached out to the company after a few peers from my university had gotten denial emails, I asked them to refer my message to the recruiter I was interviewed by and for a follow up on how my interview went. It has been two weeks and I still haven't heard anything. I'm understanding that they just must have forgotten to send me a denial email but I called to get feedback and you never call back? Unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I was selected for this interview and once I arrived, I was greeted by the most AMAZING individuals. Everyone was happy, smiling and just had nothing but positive things to say about the company. Trying to sell yourself is no easy task but they made it very inviting. This a complete career move from where I have been so I was completely taken aback by the wonderful process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about IG?   1 Answer

Negotiation

ACCEPT and don't think twice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got contacted on LinkedIn with one of their Corporate Recruiters and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was decent and we scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. That was the start to my terrible experience with them. I interviewed with 4 different people and each of them took more than 15 min to come into the room. Once they finally came in all frantic- they informed me that they haven't even seen my resume yet so we sat in silence while they went over it. From there, they explained that they were impressed and didn't have any questions but asked if I had any. I asked about growth within the company and 3/4 of the people legitimately said they were not sure. From there, I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and scheduled another interview. However, once I got a better opportunity I informed my corporate recruiter and she went from extremely nice to rude and then abruptly saying bye and hanging up. I am officially thankful I did not choose to go any further with them. I would avoid even an interview at all costs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter on LinkedIn, set up an on campus interview and then an onsite interview in the LA office. My recruiter was very helpful in preparing me through every step of the application process. I think the company was looking for a specific type of person, and is very selective in doing so. I had a great experience overall through the entire process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

They found me via Linked In and then had an initial phone interview and then asked me for an in person interview at one of their locations. The process moved very quickly and only lasted a couple weeks.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

It was a fairly informal interview. The first round took place in a conference room, and I talked to two or three Account Managers. The conversations were less about work and more about our lives. The interviewers were extremely likable, and it was easy to talk to them. My recruiter called me within an hour to tell me that I had a second interview.
     The second interview was with the branch manager, we went out for lunch. The conversation was basically the same as the first interviews. We talked about our lives and hobbies. It didn't feel like a job interview.
    It was overall a very strange experience. Everyone I interviewed with had to be under 35 and seemed concerned with company culture more than anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Boston, MA).

Interview

I interviewed at Insight Global for a Recruiter/Account Manager position. I first met one of their internal Talent Acquisition reps at my University's career/job fair. She was very nice, and after talking for a few minutes about my interests she suggest I look into Insight Global. We talked on the phone about a week later and I set up an interview with the Boston office, which was close to where I lived. I walked in a few minutes early and was placed in a small interview room to wait. The "waiting area" of the office is empty and you ring a bell to talk to someone, there is no receptionist. I waited in the small conference room and finally someone came in. She had a black eye and immediately laughed and explained that it was from falling from being drunk at a club a few days ago. We had a short conversation, she mostly asked me about my friends and if I was in a sorority and what I liked to do for fun. I tried asking about the position and the company and all she would say is that the people were so fun and the job was so fun and she was making lots of money. Another girl came in and asked pretty much the same questions about my involvement in college and what I liked to do for fun. A third person came in, this time a guy, he had more of a management role to the previous 2 girls. He looked at my resume and asked a few legitimate questions, about my previous experiences and jobs, and my degree. I had a science degree, he asked why I wasn't pursuing something related in the science field, and told me with a smart degree like that I should be looking somewhere else. I explained that while I enjoyed science, I was considering other options, and was looking to immerse myself among hard-working, passionate people in the industry of sales. He still insisted that I do something "useful" with my major. I found it to be rude at first, as I was really interested in recruiting, and I did fit the company culture of Insight Global (thin, blonde, pretty, sorority) however in the end, maybe he was saving me by encouraging me to look elsewhere...
    After I left the interview I called the original Talent Acquisition Rep whom was still working with me on this, she asked how it went, I relayed it went well and everyone was very nice, I just felt like we never covered much in the interview. From that point on I was put off by the weird interview and dynamics of the manager so did not continue to pursue the position.