Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.3

917 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight Global in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn and asked to set up a quick phone screening (15 minutes just to confirm I was interested in the position). The recruiter later set up an in-person interview in the office the following week.
The in-person interview was very unprofessional. They didn't seem to know that I was coming into the office ahead of time, so I was waiting for 10-15 minutes before someone finally got to me. I talked to two account managers. The first account manager was very thorough and gave me a lot of information about the company, but didn't seem to be interested in or engage in conversation. The second account manager was easy-to-talk to but kept cussing throughout the interview, and how people make "so much money they don't know what to do with it."

I didn't end up making it to the next round but based on that interaction with the company, it was clear it would have never been a positive work place for me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

When asking your own questions about the company became very rushed and short with answers... She had to get off the phone. Asked what sets you apart from other people.

Interview Questions

• What is something that sets you apart from other applicants?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight Global (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via phone by the corporate recruiter. She scheduled an official phone interview for the next morning. Very easy going and straight forward, just talking about yourself and she was very helpful. From there, I had two more interviews. One, I met with multiple Account Managers who each asked me questions, such as "why sales?" and "what motivates you?", and was shown around the office. Then, I had a final interview which was essentially grabbing a drink at happy hour, little to no discussion of the position however. I was under the impression I had the job in the bag, but received a phone call the following week stating they had decided to go with someone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight Global (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Very simple, just want to see if you can talk to people ands socialize. Great work environment though, got to meet everyone in the office. Not many detailed questions and weren't too stern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Insight Global (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I went to their office for the interview; it was very quick (not even 20 minutes). I was told I would be talking to and meeting a lot of people but only met 1. Very friendly but a little intimidating because they know exactly what type of person they want to hire and as soon as I got there, I got the feeling I wouldn't fit in - everyone is super bubbly and excited and confident.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit to our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Worst interview I've ever been apart of. They reached out on LinkedIn and set up an interview for me in the Irvine office. I literally drove half way across the country for this and they recruiter was aware of this. Walked in and rang a bell because no one was at the desk.

Later was followed into a room with a lady that informed me the man I was supposed to interview with was in a meeting in LA and wasn't coming, which was perfect because I drove half way across the country for this. Anyway, she asked me questions and tried to seem interested and left after 5 minutes.

Waited for about 20 more minutes until another guy came in and just tried to belittle me the whole time. He told me how great he was because of how fast he moved up in the company and he went on about how prestigious his NAIA college was in California that I've never heard of.

Basically, drove 400 miles to have a 10 minute interview and get informed by the top sales guy how great he was. Overall, terrible experience and hope no one has to feel like that after an interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First interview was a facetime interview with the recruiter to see if you are the right fit. The next interview is with people who are already working the in the position you are going for or right above it. The last interview is with the head of the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I was coached on exactly what to say, how to act, how to talk, and even told when and how much to smile and laugh. They claim that someone 'prepares' you for the interview but in reality they tell you to act a certain way so that the managers like you and want to hire you. The process seemed extremely fake and phony to me. Right after my in person interview (before I even got back home) I was called and said the manager wanted to meet with me.
     In addition, there were 3 spelling/grammatical errors in the emails leading up to the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant, the recruiter was there for me if I had any questions. Overall, this was the most informal interview I have ever had. They really wanted to know about me and my personal life, they are looking for people to build a genuine connection with their clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Started out as a casual conversation of getting to know each other and then another person came in and started asking more sales type questions, which was a little more difficult.