Insight Global Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insight Global Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight Global (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview which went really well. The recruiter I was in contact with the entire interview process was great. Went to the in person interview at the Seattle office and I thought it went decently well. My only concern was it seemed very unorganized when I was there. The interviewers really did not have much to say and kind of expected me to just keep talking about things we had already discussed/things I already knew the answer to. They were never clear about what the role was and did not indicate how it changed from recruiting to sales. Overall very casual experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with a panel that included a variety of current employees. Those current employees were all account managers- then the second interview I had was a one on one interview with the Sales Manager of the office. We went to lunch, talked about a variety of things- and it was mostly just an overall test of my people skills and ability to relate/ build a relationship with someone in a one on one setting.

Interview Questions

• What I intend to do
      Where I see myself in 5 years
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

They reached out for a phone interview. We had trouble connecting. The recruiter asked for my availability and then would always call at the opposite times.

After that they brought me in for an in-person interview at the Boston office.

They told me that skills didnt matter but they were just looking at personality. They said they recruit student athletes and people in greek life and look for someone they'd want to hang out with on the weekends.

They told me all about their drunken ski weekend. I felt very uncomfortable and that the recruiter was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the same questions as the phone interview. This included "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

One face-to-face interview with Corporate recruiter, another face-to-face with potential Account Manager and a final interview with sales managers in the office and out at lunch. Overall very easy, they didn't specify job details at all, just talked about being a people person, work hard play hard mindset, sales, and getting the job done.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you would be good at sales.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

MOST UNPROFESSIONAL INTERVIEW PROCESS IVE EVER BEEN THROUGH!!!!!
    Brief Phone call from a recruiter not even in the same office as where I was interviewing for. Failed to follow up with me multiple times before and after my first interview in the Charlotte office. After going in for my final interview I followed up with my recruiter from Atlanta immediately and waited over a week and still had not heard from him. Turns out 10 days later I get a call from a different recruiter in the Charlotte office who tried to hire me as a contract worker and still nobody had explained how I did for the original position I interviewed for in the first place!! Of course I rejected the offer and immediately called the Atlanta recruiter to hope for an apology only to have him blatantly lie and say that he called me and left me a voicemail when no such thing ever happened. I would not recommend anyone to go through the interview process with this company. All they care about is getting commission off of you only to have someone take your place in 3 months once they let you go. BEWARE

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Technical Phone Screen, walk in meet with Sales Manager, meet with a couple of account managers, then if you get asked back lunch with Sales Manager and meet with account managers. They let you know in a few days. It is all based if you fit the culture (bubbly) They hire right when colleges are done with school.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself?
      What drives you?
      Tell me a time you failed and were able to rebound?
      Why do you want to work in Staffing?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Morristown, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

They call you meet with you and then you meet with manager. 3 diff meetings. Sometimes they take you out to coffee maybe lunch or even drinks. Everyone is so fake so be careful

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Step One: Phone interview with internal corporate recruiter - just be energetic
    Step two: In-Person Interview - 1:1 with 3 different people
    Step three- Lunch with 2 people (Director and Sales Manager) - they are trying to assess how well you can carry a convo and entertain during lunch meetings

Interview process is so easy. They are looking for the following: Motivation, energy, communication and interpersonal skills. And if you dress well, in a sorority or frat, and is pretty/handsome... the chances of you getting the job increases by 80%.

DO NOT act timid or shy... you will not be the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Rosemont, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was really enthusiastic about the company and the job. It felt good to know that someone would reach out to me. She asked if I wanted to work for the Denver office, where I am from, but I informed her that I actually intended to move out to Chicago. She set me up with an interview with the Rosemont office, and I interviewed in-person while I was out visiting a week later.

The Recruiter as well as another one that I reached out to on LinkedIn gave me advice to just be myself and show that I can carry a conversation by essentially interviewing the people that interview me. I took their advice and talked to three different Account Managers who were all very friendly and enthusiastic. I did my best to ask good questions, and I felt very confident about the interview.

I called the recruiter back the next day to see what happened next, and she told me that they would tell her if I would receive the lunch interview by the end of the week. I was very nervous by the time Friday rolled around, and I eventually received an email informing me that I did not get a second interview. I was definitely bummed out, and responded back to the Recruiter saying thank you, and asking for any advice. She never responded back which bothered me. When I emailed the AM's who interviewed me the night after my interview to follow up, they never responded back either. This made me question if they were really interested in me working there, or if they were just putting on a good face to get me to come in for an interview. I'm hoping this isn't the case, because they seemed like a great company. I still would have appreciated a phone call to inform me rather than an email (which may have been sent out to multiple candidates).

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insight Global in June 2015.

Interview

First was called after a recruiter found my resume on career builder, had a short phone conversation before he asked me to come in the following week for an in person in their DTLA office. The day before my interview he called me to see how I was feeling and gave me some pointers on how the interview would go down.
    The next day I arrive and am placed to wait in a pure white empty room until the interviewer next door finishes with another interviewee. Mind you, the walls are PAPER THIN so I can hear everything and know what to expect. The interviewer later comes in, asks me one question in which I barely get to response before she rattles off about herself for ten minutes, then abruptly asks about me again. She then interrupts and says she has to take a call, leaves, comes back ten minutes later and says their regional manager is tied up and cannot meet me at the moment, but she will call me later for the next step in the interview process.
    A week later I receive an email from her saying they are not moving forward with me as a candidate. Overall a yotay unprofessional and disorganized company that thrives off of young recent graduates who they can hire for cheap and smart labor.