Insight Sourcing Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insight Sourcing Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Insight Sourcing Group

3.1

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Sourcing Group in September 2018.

Interview

(first round) 2 30 min back to back interviews, mostly behavioral but one semi-case question at the end. There was a mixer the night before where you got to meet the people who were going to interview you. I would recommend going to this.

Associate Interview

Interview

As part of the interview process at ISG, you will meet and interview with at least 3-4 different people. These individuals will usually span across experience levels, including the CEO. Plan for a full day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared as you would for a big-4 consulting type interview. They will also address areas related to college performance, SAT scores, etc. Do not be surprised following the interview process to learn that others in your extended network may have been contacted for reference purposes outside of those named references you provide.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Sourcing Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First round was a phone interview with an Associate. All the questions were on experience.
    Second round was again a phone interview to discuss next steps.
    After that, 5 back to back to back in-person interviews in one day with various people in the company. 2 case interviews of which one was based on excel(excel skills are NOT tested). You will also have lunch with few of their associates. The company has a great culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your work when you are working on a lot of projects?   Answer Question
    • All the questions were about my experience.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Sourcing Group.

Interview

I had a first round with a manager at the Atlanta office. Got in through an employee referral. My quantitative skills were transferable but they were looking for somebody with a little consulting/sourcing experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you negotiated something and how it turned out.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience with lowering costs at your current firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insight Sourcing Group (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with two Director level employees on campus, each for about 15 minutes. Was asked standard behavioral-type questions, as well as one current events question and one brain teaser. Nothing too complicated. Was very impressed with the company. Stumbled on one or two questions, which I assume is why I did not receive an invitation to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name one company in the news today that is struggling, and how would you go about fixing them?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Sourcing Group.

Interview

They only recruit from Emory, Ga Tech and UNC. I applied through the career website at my school. I had a first round interview on campus and had two back to back behavioral interviews. It was pretty standard interview stuff. They did ask a case like question but it was very basic.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if the CEO of the company tells you that he believes that they are spending too much money on travel?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Process was intense, but not difficult. The firm is looking for a very specific person and that requires an intensive interview process. I was recruited through my campus and they held an on campus info-session, a meet and greet at a local restaurant, the first round on campus (two 30 min interviews), and the second round in their office (five 30 min behaviorals, two 30 min cases, one 15 min 1-on-1 with CEO).

Interview Questions

• 1st Round - Behaviorals were very typical, sum up resume and past experience, discuss leadership, "why ISG", and a brain teaser.
      2nd Round - Behaviorals were very conversational, bring lots of questions because each 30 minute interview allows at least 5-10 minutes for questions and are very "interviewee lead". Each session loosely had a different theme; "Why ISG?"/"Why consulting?", Resume/experience summary, Discussing weaknesses/strengths, and Leadership experience. These again are very conversational and "interviewee lead".
      Cases: There is one excel case involving simple excel functions and analyses, and a traditional case with a sourcing twist. One of the behaviorals also asked a very simple market-sizing question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Sourcing Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty intensive interview process, but enjoyable nonetheless. Submit application, phone interview, on-campus interview, on-site interview with a ton of people at the office. At the time, I wasn't convinced on sourcing/procurement but the experience at the office far exceeded my expectations. I ended up turning down multiple offers at bigger, more recognized companies for ISG.

Interview Questions

• Typical "brain buster" interview question (i.e. how many golf balls can you fit in a 747).   Answer Question
    • Lots of behavioral/personal questions. They're big on "fit".   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Sourcing Group in January 2018.

Interview

Several interviews with members of the firm at all levels (Analyst to CEO). First two interviews were over the phone, then I was invited to the office for in person interviews. Very strenuous and the conversation is very much a two way street. They are big on cultural fit as well as having the intellectual horsepower and curiosity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you managed stakeholder expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight Sourcing Group (Norcross, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First being a screening second was a personal meet and greet over breakfast or lunch and the final round is an all day interview with multiple people at the firm and 2 case interviews. You interview with multiple people because they want to get to know you just as much as they want you to get to know them. I’m glad the process is that way because once the interview was over I was quickly able to see I personally did not fit the culture