Insomnia Coffee Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Insomnia Coffee Company

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Insomnia Coffee Company

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Insomnia Coffee Company (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied in person, left cv and was asked to interview. I came and it was in lobby where customers eat. The interviewer was some kind of manager and was nervous so I felt didn't have much experience in interviews not even about hiring. asked general questions. because the shop doesn't have many customers they have only one employee and want one employee to do everything. and want employee to have managerial experience. pay is 9.25 euro per hour and about 30 hours, which is obviously not enough to live on. to earn the lowest living wage you need to get 12.50 euro per hour and 40 hours. it's kind of some money kind of job.
    Wants to know do you know the menu of the cafe. so have a look at menu what they sell. Also want to know do you know how to make latte cappuccino, learn to make basic drinks like that. it's still coffee and milk. lol one with more milk and less foam and the other with less milk and more foam. You don't need any barista experience even when they say you need, the pay is so low that they will give job anyone who is prepared to work for lowest than living wage with not enough hours to get by. Medical cards and bonuses from government will be taken from you by government because think that 13000 per year is enough to live on, and actually barely enough to pay the bills and rent. pretty much will need to live with someone in same room to afford to survive on the wage.
    otherwise was nice, chatted and gossiped about random things lol

Interview Questions

• Do you have managerial experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insomnia Coffee Company (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2017.

Interview

very informal, the interview didn't take long at all. They basically just try to make sure you're competent for any challenges that you might encounter while working there. From there they just basically tell you about your roles and responsibilities.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insomnia Coffee Company.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and the man who conducted it was friendly. It only lasted around ten minutes, if even. None of the questions were too strange and it wasn't stressful at all.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Insomnia Coffee Company (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2018.

Interview

The application process is fully online, where you can apply for as many stores and roles you want.

The hiring process for store staff consists of two steps: 1st, face to face, interview, where you highlight your previous experiences and your availability. 2nd, a couple of hours in-store trial for a day or two.

Interview Questions

• how flexible are you available?
      previous experience (not a requirement)   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Insomnia Coffee Company (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Was simple, just asked questions on availability and when I could start. Was made to feel comfortable and it was a one on one interview with the manager who was really friendly.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Insomnia Coffee Company (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2019.

Interview

I attended an interview with Head of Marketing and discussed my knowledge of the coffee industry and what I could potentially offer the Marketing Team. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and it was a very insightful and beneficial interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe our target audience?   1 Answer