Instart Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Instart Logic (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was thorough, informative and smooth from first interview to first day of employment. I met with hiring VP, CRO, talked with an existing rep and HR. The length of overall process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you are uniquely qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Instart Logic (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone screens followed by on-site interview at HQ.

Only negative was that the process took a while to get through multiple phone interviews before visiting on-site.

Interviewers and people at the company are sharp and looking to build a great company.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Instart Logic (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Typical software engineering interview process. The company moves very fast with scheduling the interview and making a decision as long as you're ready and available.
    First, recruiter call - company overview, high-level roadmap; you'll asked what kind of positions you are looking for, etc.
    Second, phone screen - typically someone from the engineering team, sometimes even the hiring manager. In my case, it was the hiring manager.
    Third, onsite - five or six interviews each about 45 mins.
    four algorithmic / coding questions
    one system design question
    describe your current project in detail on whiteboard - my current project is relevant to the team's work.

Interview Questions

• cannot disclose exact questions.
      Tree based, array based questions. Did not find these questions online.
      system design question was related to Linux systems and large file storage.   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instart Logic (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through Angel List, an RC called me, I had a phone screen, came in for an onsite and then received an offer. Pretty easy process!

Interview Questions

• A question on culture. How would you plan an event for the company, what would you do to make happy hour fun and entertaining?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Instart Logic (Burlington, MA).

Interview

It was a well organized interview. The interviewers were very nice. They were on time and asked good questions. They also provided hints if I got stuck. Eventually we solved the problem by end of the interview.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Instart Logic (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Couple phone interviews, then flew me to HQ to endure a half day of interviews. I was 5-10 minutes late to onsite interviews due to delayed flight and was beat up for being late. He has no grace and a complete lack of understanding for something beyond my control. I told him we can go ahead and part ways 5 minutes into the discussion and he said that since they flew me out, I need to meet with everyone who was on the agenda. I apologized a couple of times and had to endure a brutal completely unprofessional sales manager. Good luck getting past your 10% market share with that guy leading sales efforts. Remember people buy from people they like and I would invest in Akamai 100% of the time until he's gone.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read? Why should we hire you? Tell us about that horrible boss you had in the past. Biggest deal and the process that lead up.   Answer Question

Instart Logic Response

Aug 11, 2016 – AVP Sales West and TOLA

I am the hiring manager being discussed here and I'd like to apologize for how I may have come across in our interview. I am incredibly passionate about my job and about growing the best team that I... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Instart Logic (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Well defined and structured interview process. Interviewers are personable and will put you at ease, but very thorough (ensure you do your homework on the company and are well prepared). In the case of developer interviews, the process will comprise of a technical screen, followed by a coding challenge and then an on-site. The on-site will involve problem solving on the white board, each interview will last roughly 45 minutes and the interview day will last roughly 4 hours. Feedback/Next steps communicated within 48 hours of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How soon can you start ;). I was impressed with how quickly the company was able to turn around an offer for a candidate they were interested in.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Instart Logic (Burlington, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Involved as this is an 'in demand' company. Phone interview with hiring manager, regional VP of Sales, Senior VP of Sales, VP of Technical operations.
    In person interview with VP of Sales and peer SE.
    Also needed to do a presentation to the SE Manager and some of his team.
    Lastly, fly to Palo Alto to meet the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about being a sales engineer versus another technical role.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Instart Logic (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a long but thorough process. I appreciated that the company took my role so seriously that they invited me back so many times. The interviewers themselves weren't very prepared. Some of them didn't have my resume or you could tell they hadn't even looked at my resume. They asked duplicate questions so you could tell they didn't coordinate the interview before.

Interview Questions

• Nothing earth shattering - Why did you leave your last job? What are you looking for? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Instart Logic (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of multiple phone interviews that took about 3-4 weeks to complete. I interviewed with the VP of East Sales, VP of Engineering, CRO and CEO, which allowed me to speak to all different levels within the company. I thought it was pretty cool and spoke highly about the CEO that he took the time to speak with me before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were based on my professional background and personal questions to understand what personality traits I had.   Answer Question