Institute for Defense Analyses Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Institute for Defense Analyses Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Institute for Defense Analyses (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

What a waste of time and effort. The process took approximately three months. First contacted by a recruiter for phone interview. Then two weeks later had phone interview with a person in the department. Then a week later a phone interview with a department supervisor. Then requested to submit college transcript and writing sample. A couple weeks later I was invited for a day long series of interviews and had to give a presentation. During my day at IDA Headquarters, I gave my presentation, and met with approximately 15 people, (some in group interviews and some in one on one interviews). At the end of that day I was told that they would get back to me in two weeks. A month later after hearing nothing from IDA, I had a firm offer a with another company. I was eventually able to track down the recruiter only to find out that I did not get the job. The most frustrating part this long and drawn out process, was that I was unable to ever get an approximate salary from IDA for the position. When I asked the recruiter during the initial phone interview and during my day at IDA Headquarters, I was told that salary information was IDA proprietary.

Other Interview Reviews for Institute for Defense Analyses

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Institute for Defense Analyses (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Multiple one-on-one interview conversations with staff members and HR
    Relaxed discussions rather than intense interview questions
    Discussion of tasks each staff member works on
    Basically a personality fit interview
    Free lunch with other research assistants

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply?
      Do you plan on pursuing a graduate degree?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Institute for Defense Analyses in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email about 2 weeks after submitting application. HR coordinated with me to set up half-day interview (ended up being 3-4 weeks later). Contacted by chair prior to in-person interview to hear more about the position over the phone. The company paid for all expenses to come to the interview and to stay overnight in order to be there in the morning. I met about 6 people individually, so there was not as much pressure as you get with a panel interview. Everyone was very friendly and informative about the culture and expectations as well as job duties and opportunities with the company. Received a phone call offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Why this company?
      What experience do you have with data collection?
      Take me through a project you worked on [from start to finish].
      What do you want to do in the future?
      Can you talk about [this theory from writing sample] and how it applies to [discussion item provided]?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Institute for Defense Analyses (Alexandria, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Met with a member of HR and then two Senior Analysts.

Interview Questions

• How would you conduct research? What would you use to help you with your research?   Answer Question