Insurance Australia Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insurance Australia Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Apply online with your resume + cover letter and just fill out some general details

2. Few days later, received an email for a virtual phone interview. Basically 9 questions - mix of behavioural and scenario-based questions. Recommended to spend 15 minutes but there's no time limit and you were allowed to re-record an infinite amount of times.

3. Invitation to a face-face (2 on 1) - About 8-9 behavioural questions

There was no questions about why you wanted the role, what you know about them or whether you had any interest in financial services.

Interview Questions

• Q) A time you delivered exceptional/outstanding customer service
      Q) A time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. What did you do?
      Q) Tell me about your roles and duties in your most recent job   Answer Question

Digital Labs Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group.

Interview

They require me to record a 90 seconds video to upload to YT or Vimeo. I understand the video can be set as "unlisted" however it really bugs the hell out of me in terms of privacy. This is also the first company in my experience that requires me to upload to a public platform which seems very cheap to me, since all other companies use online interview platforms. Moreover, that "challenge"? See the interview question below, I think they are just trying to get free ideas. Terrible. I decide not to proceed my application.

Interview Questions

• You have been given a grant of $100,000 to Help make your Community a Safer Place. Utilising your education and experience come up with an innovative idea how you would utilise the money.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then got invited for phone interview which asked a couple questions, then got invited for another interview face to face which involved group activities. Overall was a average interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Brief introduction , then straight in the both general and specific questions.

I believe they were brain raping to pick ideas from other companies, I don't believe they have clear understanding what they are up-to.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Auckland (New Zealand)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then got invited for phone interview which asked a couple questions, then got invited for another interview face to face which involved group activities. Overall was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Example of a technical experience you've encountered before   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

Interview

HR would have a Telephone Screen at first. You can choose the time online, so don't worry about that.
    The face-to-face interview including, but not limited to:
    1. Behavioral Questions: the usual stuff,
    2. Technical Questions: not much,
    3. Team Activity,
    4. Scenario Analysis

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a straightforward process. Submitted resume on their careers section. Phone interview with HR. Called in for an interview with two managers.
    Never got back to me. After I chased up, I was rejected the next day.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some technical questions.
      Explain GLMs.