Insurance Australia Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insurance Australia Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interview
    1. Technical - Automation skills , general work experience ,
    2. Hiring manager - General job related questions , how to manage stressful situations etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. Technical about Automation , SQL , Automation frameworks.   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Auckland (New Zealand)) in September 2015.

Interview

HR would have a Telephone Screen at first. You can choose the time online, so don't worry about that.
    The face-to-face interview including, but not limited to:
    1. Behavioral Questions: the usual stuff,
    2. Technical Questions: not much,
    3. Team Activity,
    4. Scenario Analysis

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2014.

Interview

Initially teleconferences ( as located in a different country) followed by video conference and then face to face. After that, a further interview with panel. No further testing was required as I satisfied the key requirements.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group in June 2017.

Interview

Following the application via SEEK, the selection process went along the following path;
    1. Video Interview
    2. Interview with Recruitment consultant and member of team
    3. Interview with prospective manager
    4. Reference checks (x2, online questionnaire)
    5. Probity check, including Police Check
    6. Verbal offer of employment, pending outcome of probity check
    7. Formal
    Offer

Interview Questions

• How would you go about engaging with new stakeholders   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group.

Interview

The interview was thorough with a whole range of questions which included some technical questions and some which required some lateral thinking. Also gauging how you would fit culturally wise

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole circular in shape?   1 Answer

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Behaviour questions, interviewed by 2 finance managers;
    They had a question sheet and went through the questions one by one, and taking notes while you gave answer
    not conversational, very few eye contacts

Interview Questions

• Go through the resume, introduce yourself
      Tell us how you deal with difficult work?   Answer Question

Claims Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

Psychometric testing to be done online during given time frame , interview face to face with panel and phone interview before and had to do a mock call as well.

Interview Questions

• Example of going beyond customer expectations   1 Answer

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Apply online with your resume + cover letter and just fill out some general details

2. Few days later, received an email for a virtual phone interview. Basically 9 questions - mix of behavioural and scenario-based questions. Recommended to spend 15 minutes but there's no time limit and you were allowed to re-record an infinite amount of times.

3. Invitation to a face-face (2 on 1) - About 8-9 behavioural questions

There was no questions about why you wanted the role, what you know about them or whether you had any interest in financial services.

Interview Questions

• Q) A time you delivered exceptional/outstanding customer service
      Q) A time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. What did you do?
      Q) Tell me about your roles and duties in your most recent job   Answer Question

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruitment agent was very courteous and helpful in scheduling quick v-con interview with people based in Melbourne. Just one round of technical-cum-managerial interview. I was told the outcome straight away. Got offer letter within a week. Best part was that at that point of time, they waited for 2 months for me to join.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

Interview

Applied online, then got invited for phone interview which asked a couple questions, then got invited for another interview face to face which involved group activities. Overall was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Example of a technical experience you've encountered before   Answer Question