Insurance Australia Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insurance Australia Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.9

Security Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group.

Interview

3 interview. 1. HR, 2. Technical and 3. manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be technically equip.

Customer Claims Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Potts Point (Australia)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Potts Point (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online got call from Hays for first round of interview . Successful candidates wer asked to come fr assessment ... Assessment started with HR's presentation then a group activity happened (hr keeps note on ur team management and communication skills) next is an online assessment of 30 mins and then the HR will take one on one interview along with a mock call .If successful you will be sent to IAG's office in paramatta for final round .this will be a 2:1 interview ... Interviewers will ask behavioural questions and will take notes of ur answers.

Service and Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2009.

Interview

Telephone, interview, group interview, and one on one interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational type questions. What did you do when you had a really tough customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO. negotiation. take it or leave it

Claims Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group.

Interview

Initially there was an online form and sections where your would have to phone in and leave answers to specific questions (What do you know about IAG? Why do you want to work there?). From there you get an offer to attend an information session with about 20 other candidates. You will meet staff from different sections of the department (some senior consultants, quality control etc) and they offer a Q&A session afterwards. There is normally some sort of "ice breaker" question for each member of the group. From there; you will get an interview offer. You will be with about 5 other candidates for some group work (giving a presentation about one of the company's attitudes - Inspire, Team, Real or Achieving) a 2 on 1 interview (on staff member will interview you while another takes notes) and finally a mock phone call where they will test your ability to find information.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about problem-solving and require real life examples.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; but the starting wage was very competitive.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then got invited for phone interview which asked a couple questions, then got invited for another interview face to face which involved group activities. Overall was a average interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Brief introduction , then straight in the both general and specific questions.

I believe they were brain raping to pick ideas from other companies, I don't believe they have clear understanding what they are up-to.
      1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the role, got a call 3 days later and had an interview the next day. I then had a coffee with another employee and was offered subject to ref checks about 3 days later. Very quick & seamless process!

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for behavioral based questions - Situation, Action, Outcome   Answer Question

Customer Claim Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Auckland (New Zealand)) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled online application at the end of May, the application needed your recording of "why you want to apply for this role". Then had a face to face interview on the mid-June. Asked to complete reference check the following week. Got offer on 22nd June.

Interview Questions

• All about behavioural questions. eg. describe a time you had an angry customer, are you consider yourself an organized person and etc.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a straightforward process. Submitted resume on their careers section. Phone interview with HR. Called in for an interview with two managers.
    Never got back to me. After I chased up, I was rejected the next day.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some technical questions.
      Explain GLMs.
      How will you manage a team?
      Answer Question

Digital Labs Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group.

Interview

They require me to record a 90 seconds video to upload to YT or Vimeo. I understand the video can be set as "unlisted" however it really bugs the hell out of me in terms of privacy. This is also the first company in my experience that requires me to upload to a public platform which seems very cheap to me, since all other companies use online interview platforms. Moreover, that "challenge"? See the interview question below, I think they are just trying to get free ideas. Terrible. I decide not to proceed my application.

Interview Questions

• You have been given a grant of $100,000 to Help make your Community a Safer Place. Utilising your education and experience come up with an innovative idea how you would utilise the money.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Auckland (New Zealand)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then got invited for phone interview which asked a couple questions, then got invited for another interview face to face which involved group activities. Overall was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Example of a technical experience you've encountered before   Answer Question