Insurance Auto Auctions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insurance Auto Auctions Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.1

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Insurance Auto Auctions in April 2017.

Interview

Extremely disorganized and dragged-out process with terrible employer branding. Recruiter asked me to fill out a 6-page questionnaire INCLUDING salary info. before we even had a phone screen or spoke whatsoever - terrible practice! He emailed me saying it would be a couple of weeks blah blah then he just disappeared. I followed up asking the status and he told me it would be a bit longer because the leader was out blah blah, then a month later I got a generic rejection email. No discussion of the 6-page questionnaire, no conversation, no acknowledgement whatsoever. BEWARE because HR reports to Legal so it is clearly not strategic. Leadership has only worked at this company alone and never in HR so has no experience to judge effective HR. Poor candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest HR victory and what made this stand out in your career. Describe your management philosophy. What 3 words would your clients use to describe you. If hired, what would be your key objectives for first 90 days.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Auto Auctions (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a solid interview. They knew the right questions to ask and gave me enough information about the company. What lacked was that the position was a UX Developer position and either the company did not communicate this to the recruiting firm or communication broke down somewhere in the line.

Interview Questions

• Can you take your designs in PSD and create workable HTML and CSS.   Answer Question

I am a UX/UI Designer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insurance Auto Auctions (Westchester, IL).

Interview

Received a phone call from staffing agency. He arranged face to face interview with HR, and 2 other people in the development team. The HR interview was about 30 minutes and asked about general HR questions. The other technical interview also lasted about 30 minutes; interviewed by 2 Team leads.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Auto Auctions (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview process was smooth, I went through a staffing agency named partnership employment was in an interviewed within 1week with the client and I now start in 4 days! I will be making a great pay rate as well as benefits. Mon-Friday 10-7pm. Its a great opportunity!!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a stressful situation.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

It all took about a week. I was called for a phone interview and then scheduled an in-person interview on the same day. I went into headquarters and interviewed a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous work experience and how I would respond to a customer inquiry and/or complaint   Answer Question

Office Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Auto Auctions.

Interview

Area Manager came the branch to fire the current Office Supervisor due to her stealing from the company. He then asked me to take over the position on a temporary basis. The temporary basis turned into 7 years of supervising up to 8 employees.

Lexington Law Firm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Auto Auctions (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Short and brief. They called me on the phone and conveyed the impression that they were interested in me as a candidate to fill their Phoenix office location position. They stated that they would forward my information to the hiring managers after it appeared that I was able to do well over the telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee in a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Insurance Auto Auctions (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency in Chicago which was great. You come in into their office and they go through your resume and qualifications. Very fast and easy. I got sent for my drug test the very next day. The actual company does not interview you not even when they hire you permanently they just drug test you.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain your previous role and why you aren't working there anymore   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience dealing with any type of customer service?   1 Answer
    • Asked if I was I proficient in Microsoft apps or programs?   1 Answer
    • Have ever dealt with insurance companies?   1 Answer
    • Asked what type of position I was looking for?   1 Answer
    • They explained the role at IAA and asked if I thought I would be a good fit?   1 Answer
    • Asked about any gaps in my working history   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Auto Auctions (Westchester, IL).

Interview

General IT background relative to job. Approval by Development Manager and Project Manager essential for next interview with Product Manager. Important in the order listed. Expect two interviews and to return. If offer made and accepted, background check and drug test.

Negotiation

Declined first offer

Buyer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insurance Auto Auctions (Westchester, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter from a staffing agency, went to the agency's office for an interview the next day. When I got there, spent some time filling out some application forms then the first interviewer explained the position to me and asked if I had any questions about the position. She didn't ask me questions about my experience at all. The second interviewer reviewed my resume and talked to me about my previous experience. The third asked me if I'm okay with the commute and stuff like that because for me it was a long commute. Then, the first interviewer came in again to wrap up and told me she would submit my resume to the company if I am okay with it. The whole process is about an hour.

Interview Questions

• There are no unexpected questions. Just asking about previous experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.