Insurance Office of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.2

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

30min phone screen with HR in Florida. Brought in for in person interview with President and Director of Operations. Interview was pointless because the President spoke for the entire hour. Had to fight to get a word in edge wise. Would ask questions and immediately start back again on his selling points for the company. Was told they were doing a second round of interviews with the same people (I guess because that's when they planned on letting the candidates speak). Followed up with President and HR a few times about updates but only half the time was given an answer. A week later received an email in error from HR about another candidate for a different job with a different office. Let them know they send it to the wrong person and never heard back. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an Executive Assistant does?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America.

Interview

Interview went well but they make promises that never happen. Otherwise good and it was easy to apply. Some people get hired by attending a phone interview only, others have 1-1 with agents and other account managers or team associates.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with demanding sales agents?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with HR. In person interview with SVP. Phone interview with manager and Account Executive. Typical questions. Did not enter the main office area or meet the people I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult co-workers? They didn't tell you the difficult co-worker would be the Account Executive you'd be working under.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (Sacramento, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

There wasn't one. As most know insurance salesmen like to talk. And that is exactly what he did. Just chatted about his history in the business and his future with the company. I was never asked a question that was interview worthy.

Interview Questions

• "So you worked for "XYZ" insurance? How did you like it there?"   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (Birmingham, AL) in May 2011.

Interview

I went on two interviews, very easy and comfortable. We were able to discuss everything they expected of me in my role at the company. I was also able to ask about salary and benefits and they answered every question I had about both. I was hired within 2 weeks of my application.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle changes? Give us an example of a challenging situation you have been in that required dealing with change and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (Longwood, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

Very loose off the cuff process. Got offer same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some flexibility