Insurance Office of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (Sacramento, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

There wasn't one. As most know insurance salesmen like to talk. And that is exactly what he did. Just chatted about his history in the business and his future with the company. I was never asked a question that was interview worthy.

Interview Questions

• "So you worked for "XYZ" insurance? How did you like it there?"   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (Longwood, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

Very loose off the cuff process. Got offer same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some flexibility

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America.

Interview

Interview went well but they make promises that never happen. Otherwise good and it was easy to apply. Some people get hired by attending a phone interview only, others have 1-1 with agents and other account managers or team associates.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with demanding sales agents?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (San Diego, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

TIME WASTING!!! Quite lengthy, took over a month to get a response after the phone interview. San Diego office has no structure and they are trying to come to the West Coast from FL, but very disorganized about it. Could not tell me what team I would be working on, just to expect a lot changes. The talent acquisition team is very misleading, as most HR people tend to be, and really wasted my time with getting the interview scheduled. They sent me a “thank you” email stating they were impressed with my skills and abilities, but chose to move forward with other candidates that had more qualifications... which tells me they wasted my time and their time in this entire process. After over an hour of an interview with two people, one of which was on a video phone, they had a lengthy had written quiz about very in-depth Insurance information. Do not bother with an interview of you do not know every single aspect of Insurance really well! And be okay with doing whatever is best for IOA, they say they care about “their people” but they are still corporate, which means it’s truly all about the numbers!

Interview Questions

• What type of producer do you prefer to work for?   1 Answer
    • How do you establish relationships with coworkers and producers   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with HR. In person interview with SVP. Phone interview with manager and Account Executive. Typical questions. Did not enter the main office area or meet the people I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult co-workers? They didn't tell you the difficult co-worker would be the Account Executive you'd be working under.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America.

Interview

Did a 30 min phone screen with HR in Florida. Just basic questions about current job duties and reason for move. The HR is very nice and polite. The whole process went pretty smoothly. Got a face to face interview invitation in their CA office.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

30min phone screen with HR in Florida. Brought in for in person interview with President and Director of Operations. Interview was pointless because the President spoke for the entire hour. Had to fight to get a word in edge wise. Would ask questions and immediately start back again on his selling points for the company. Was told they were doing a second round of interviews with the same people (I guess because that's when they planned on letting the candidates speak). Followed up with President and HR a few times about updates but only half the time was given an answer. A week later received an email in error from HR about another candidate for a different job with a different office. Let them know they send it to the wrong person and never heard back. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an Executive Assistant does?   1 Answer

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (Birmingham, AL) in May 2011.

Interview

I went on two interviews, very easy and comfortable. We were able to discuss everything they expected of me in my role at the company. I was also able to ask about salary and benefits and they answered every question I had about both. I was hired within 2 weeks of my application.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle changes? Give us an example of a challenging situation you have been in that required dealing with change and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Commercial Lines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Office of America (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

First round is a 30-min phone interview with the recruiter, and then I was invited to their office for an onsite. Onsite was with two managers at the Atlanta office. Both were classic behavioral questions, and they expect you to know a little bit about the insurance industry and why you want to work for this firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you experience a difficult situation   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Very pleasant process and the Interviewers went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, which I was. Interview conducted both via phone and in person.