Insurance Services Office Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SQE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

interviewed with the team, and then the manager. about four hours between meeting the team and then the manager, i was also interviewed by Human Resources. In the interview i was questioned about my experience and projects i have worked on.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

First was a HR phone screening, although my screening was done in-person, which was followed by a basic writing prompt (to check ability to write and explain something clearly). Brought in a second time a couple days later for in-person interviews with 4-6 people split into 2-3 groups, with people from areas with open positions

Interview Questions

• - Go over resume
      - If someone asked you what an actuary is, what would you tell them?
      - Why do you want to be an actuary?
      - Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult
      - If you don't know the answer to something, what do you do?
      - General behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I was asked to write 2 essays on different scenarios. Very nice people, seems like a very nice place to work. Easy to get to. Right across from the NJ Transit station.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Very formal. Met with recruiter first then all levels of management. Standard interview process, did not do anything different to pitch them as a good place to work. Recruiter got a little snippy with me when I did not know EXACTLY what they did.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Pearl River, NY).

Interview

HR was professional and informative. The manager interviewed me and we discussed my work history and the company. I then met with one of the team members to discuss the role I was interviewing for in more detail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What I asked for was more than they typically offered. However, in considering my experience they met my request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

First: 2 writing sample in 30 minutes and after that talking with hr.
    Second: Two group interviews with managers and seniors.

Senior Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by a Specialist in Human Resource. I sent my resume, asked a few questions, and she arranged the next step. I was told to expect a call at 3:30 from the team. The interview would be with 3-4 PROJECT managers. Interview was via teleconference with two men that did not share their names, functions or levels within the organization.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell about a typical day at my recent client engagement. The work at my recent client engagement did not correlate to the role I was interviewing for. Unfortunately he continued to focus on the role, instead of asking questions about my previous engagement which was similar to the role with his organization.

Unexpected Questions: Please explain, "What is a Sprint Planning Meeting"? Please explain "Planning Poker".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Went for initial interview with HR. Was asked some general questions and was also required to write two sample essays about insurance topics. They gave a pencil and some paper and said go. Not too hard just hurt my hand writing so much. Got called back for actuarial interview and met with two groups of people. About 3 ppl per group. Nothing out of the ordinary about the interview. Standard questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job, and got a call two days later. I interviewed with the company the next week. The first part of the interview had Excel and Word tests, and a sample email response. Then there was a short interview with the human resources person. Then I interviewed the hiring manager. The whole thing was about an hour. I drove an hour, and paid tolls. I never received a call or email rejection letter. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Would you be available for overtime where you would have to come in at 2 AM was one of the questions, and if I would take classes.   Answer Question

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

i don't think these guys are actually hiring. i have a 3.9, 2 exams excellent interview skills and i didn't get called back after a 1-1 interview.