Intel Corporation Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Applications Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I was hired as an intern then during internship interviewed for a fulltime position when graduated from college. Overall, this was the easiest software developer interview I had ever done. After 1 phone interview they brought me to their office. I then did 4 in-person interviews. 2 were technical and 2 were more business/soft skills/personality.

Interview Questions

• I reversed a string. They questioned on basic object-oriented design. Gave me a basic situation and asked for me to design an overall class diagram of objects and functions I would need.
    One interview asked me a difficult SQL question at the beginning, I wasn't able to answer correctly. They then said they were done because the next questions were harder and left the room, was extremely rude. Still got the job though, I never had to work with that person thankfully.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR emailed me with offer. I tried to negotiate they said offer is not-negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

Met with recruiter at university career fair. Scheduled an on-campus interview the next day. Mainly behavioral with a surprise general technical question at the end (Interpreted vs Compiled). E-mail from main Intel IT recruiter to schedule two more interviews. First was mostly technical, went over my resume and asked me to elaborate, asked what areas I was interested in. Second was entirely to discern which area I was interested in and which project I should be placed in.

Interview Questions

• While considering your computer science background, if you had all the money you wanted, what would you spend it on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

I had three rounds of interview, one face to face and two on Google hangout. The questions touched every current aspect in technology which was in demand. I received a call after a week and was offered the job at Hillsboro. I was invited for an orientation event that week to their campus and was told I would get the official offer details in a week. After two days of getting invited to the event, I received an email from the recruiter saying that she then realized that I needed work authorization and she forgot to check this even before she put me onto the interview list. So they retracted my offer ! I even asked one of my interviewers as well as a representative who took my resume during the career fair regarding this whether Intel's IT department would be offering sponsorship for me. They assured me that Intel would be sponsoring me for the Visa. Being an international student I am always worried about this one aspect. After I got the call, the HR stated repeatedly regarding the team's willingness to extend an offer and the upcoming event. I went ahead and rejected few of my other offers as well because of the polished talks. After all, Intel is a dream place for one to work. But this made me completely lose all the respect that I had for Intel. After spending an entire weekend to prepare, 3 rounds of interviews, getting an offer and then a retraction was something I never expected. The HR stopped replying to my emails after this. I am completely helpless. I wish this never happens to anyone else.

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

I applied through my college's career fair. After talking with the recruiter for a couple of minutes about my resume, I was asked if I was available for a next day on-campus interview. The interview process was fairly difficult because I was bombarded with questions about how I would handle myself in different situations.

Interview Questions

• Just a bunch of typical behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview, two back to back on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't choose to negotiate, but I could have.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of technical questions and experience discussion. Group panel asked me questions about my prior work experience and then asked me technical questions to test my CS background.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an adjacency list and an adjacency matrix.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Got into the first round through college career fair. Interview was the next day at the college. First round consisted of two in person, 1-on-1, 30 minute interviews. Got an email a little over 2 weeks later asking to rank the available times for google hangout interviews. Got the confirmation for the scheduled interviews a week later. Second round was two 1-on-1's over google hangout and approximately 45mins each.
    Heard back from each interview in 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• First Round - Mainly behavioral with 1 technical question for each interview
      Second Round - All normal behavioral questions (e.g. give an example of a time when you...)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

1st round: Behavioral Interview: typical behavioral questions regarding teamwork and projects you work on

2nd round: Behavioral and Technical Interview: there was a lot of concepts. There were 2 phone calls scheduled. One with dev and one with manager. They were all very nice and personable.
    -Review SQL
    -Review data structures and algorithms concepts

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Two rounds total
    Pretty basic, asked a few questions about my coding experience and projects. Pretty easy but you know, when the interview is easy for you, it's probably easy for everyone else.... Even though I thought I nailed it, I never heard back from them. I followed up two weeks later when they said I should hear back and never heard anything. I even asked a question about the position during the interview and they said they would get back to me with a response in a few days... never heard back even after I followed up. It started off well but the lingering non-response left a bad taste..

Interview Questions

• Given two unordered int arrays size 101 and 100. First one has numbers 0-100 and the other has all the integers of the first except for one. How would you figure out the missing number?   1 Answer
    • Talk me through coding a linked list   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between TCP and UDP?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the tradeoffs between using a high level language and low level language? (in terms of security, optimization, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

3 rounds
    1) technical and behavior
    2) behavior
    3) behavior

Easy technical and easy behavior! Nice people interviewed me and seemed to care more about my personality and work ethic than my technical knowledge.

Offer was low.