Intel Corporation Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen by recruiter, followed up by phone interview by the hiring manager. All day in person interview with 7 people. Second in person interview with 3 people (2 people were part of the first in person interview). Phone interview with the VP.

The overall process to an extremely long time. Ongoing emails and interviews. Recruiter asked me to let him know if I received an offer from another company - really? After this long process? Decision to not provide an offer could have been made prior to 3 months of interviews..

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Intel's products.
    Who is Intel's competitor.
    Name the most recent products.
    Provide detail in terms of your recent positions / responsibilities.
    Have you had a conflict with peers and how was it resolved.
    If you were hired, what would be my concerns.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2016.

Interview

I just sent my Cv through the website and got rejected. The response came probably 5 months later so expect to wait a while. My resume was not well done and outdated. I will try again next month.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out my profile on Intel's website and was contact directly by manager. First, I had a ~45 min phone call with my manager with just behavioral questions. Next, I had a ~90 min interview with two of my coworkers which was more technical and included database questions and some BA questions.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Very informal and relaxing. Intel is a data company full of data nerds. Come prepared to back up all your accomplishments with specific examples and metrics. Having previous experience in job role applying for is valuable - even if it is a stretch and you know it - doesn't matter show how you have the potential and proven track record to perform and learn quickly.

Interview Questions

• How have you shown cross-group or company collaboration in previous roles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Eugene, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Had interview on campus followed by 2 quick phone interviews. People interviewing were relaxed and nice. BOth were actually alumni at our school so they came from the same academic programs which was cool. Very easy process and HR was in touch within a week to tell you about an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• What are some of Intel biggest competitors? If we wanted to make capital expense run through the income statement how would we do so? Tell us about a time you had to change the entire scope of a project and how did that work out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submit your application and receive a call back. A phone interview time will be scheduled via email. During the Phone interview you are asked a series of financial and situational questions. Interviewer tells you about himself or herself their background with the company. Questions focus on project management principles, corporate finance, and financial accounting.

Interview Questions

• Describe financial statements and their purpose
      What ratios can be determined on the financial statement you believe is most important to understanding a firm's financial position.
      Which 1 financial statement is best to determine a firm's financial position?

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Thoughtful and relevant questions were asked. Process went quite smoothly as the position played well to my strengths. There were no hardball "gotcha" type questions. The hiring manager screened me via phone first, and then had me meet with a same-level colleague and a direct-report who I would be working with on a 1:1 basis. All questions were to the point about the work at hand.

Process took a long time however. 1+ month from applying to finally hearing back from them. I attribute the success of getting the interview by staying in contact with the staffing agency that was recruiting the position for Intel, who in turn followed up directly to ensure my application didn't fall through the cracks.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with many one on one interviewers.
    Long drawn out process that took all day.
    They actually did not have many folks that the position would be working for at the interview(s) so they just rounded up random folks just so they had enough people to fill the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself was the standard and typical questions.
      Then there were many questions on - what would you do in (fill in the blank) situation.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was basically, take it or leave it, we have many other qualified applicants that will gladly take the position.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews.
    First one was with Hiring Manager and we talked more basic stuff, with a few behavioral interview questions. 30 min total.
    After clearing that round, the second interview was with Operations Manager and was 45 min long and all behavioral questions.
    Make sure to have questions ready for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you did not succeed, what did you do? How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by several people and some of them were personality and one was technical. For the tech one I was asked how I would code the logic for something. There was also a dinner the night before and I think that played into the decisions. There was a quiz about the company.