Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.2

Component Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through a contact, unexpectedly got the interview as my profile was Analog/Mixed Signal Design and the position is a characterization position. The phone interview lasted 45mins to 1hour. On the phone interview most questions where on my Masters Research topic. On site consisted of 6 rounds. 4 back to back till lunch and then other 2, each round consisted of 45mins with a different person in each round. Questions were fairly in depth and one or two rounds were basically on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Everything related to MOS Physics, OP Amp basics, Voltage Reference Design, Layouts, integrated passive elements. One round was on RF LNA and Transceiver Design only because it was on my resume.   1 Answer
  • study all small dimension effects, leakage currents, layouts, variability questions, Miller effect,etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was terrible, as I had no other offers I was not in a position to negotiate. Although I tried for an increase I did not get any. Initially it seemed I got low balled into accepting,but later on I realized the offer was fair.Make sure that the offer that they are giving is reasonable, in my case it was reasonable so I wasn't in any position to ask for more and not look greedy

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins followed by e-mail notification. 50% for my own research and 30% for introduction of the position. 20% for questions. It's research type position and a lot of questions regarding the semiconductor industry and your research applied to the development.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

technical interviews from 9 - 5. Met with 3 engineers and 3 managements. people were nice and questions were very straight forward and dealt with fundamentals of digital design. Overall a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Through a hiring event in September 2016. Mass recruiting event, fun event. Go market yourself and get interviews scheduled for the next day. Have to scavenge a little for opportunites but if you get them you're lucky.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX).

Interview

Recent College Grad position. Started with a phone screen with a few technical problem solving questions. Then came the whole day interview. Approx 8 interviewers asking techincal questions taking about 30-45min each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

a friend referred me. Got a phone interview after 4 days. After the phone interview they asked me to come for on-site. It was for three hours. Was not very difficult. Overall was a pleasant experience. Mainly asked questions from static timing analysis and gave some problems to solve. asked about my projects that i did in my masters.

Interview Questions

• difference between setup and hold time   1 Answer

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview.
    He asked about the project that I had involved and some technical questions.
    Some questions are tough, but overall it is not that difficult.
    Very nice guy so that the interview process does not unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• SRAM design methodology
      How to size transistor
      Gate level optimization
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: was asked maily about my projects and previous internship experience.
    Onsite : they wanted to see if i am a good fit to the team , technical questions again based on my resume and aslo based on the work they do. (SV,verilog,OVM,UVM). Important things to read would be assertions,mailboxes,semapores,fork/join,discrete event simulator, phases in OVM/UVM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Got a phone call in 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

first round was a phone interview. basic questions about transistor functioning, academic projects, asic design flow, setup hold violations. the questions are basic and simple. It lasted not more than 30 minutes. i had good design experience but did not understand why did they rejected