Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

It was a full day interview with a presentation round + 6 one to one with technical members of the team. They ask mostly on technical side of the job role.

Interview Questions

• Questions on verilog code, RTL coding, basic mosfet knowledge, some DSP and system level questions, about the projects in academia   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by Manager over email for Phone screen. Interviewed over the phone for 1Hr. followed by 5 rounds of onsite interview within a weeks time. offered position a month later.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

5 rounds including hr. Not so great but ok . It should be fine if you prep well.prepare digital logic, arch questions . It is good of you can study university slides

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

One phone interview with recruiter, followed up with one site interview. Consisting of 5 rounds. Topics including, resume project questions, system verilog programming, basic C++ programming questions, computer architecture related questions.

Interview Questions

• describe various resume projects   1 Answer

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

First phone screening and then got called onsite. After about a week or so got called onsite. There were 5 rounds (with lunch interview). Mostly logic and 1 architecture. They flew me to folsom for an onsite and after about 3 weeks made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. pattern recognition (fsm -> logic -> code)
      2. basic architecture
      3. sorting algorithm (how to find a missing number in an array of numbers
      4. other simple logic questiosn   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a half hour phone discussion before the onsite. For onsite, it starts with one hour presentation of thesis research and then six 45 minutes 1:1 meeting with the group member and one from other department. In middle, there was one hour of lunch with juniors in group.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mainly related to their work, instead of your work. Couple of unexpected questions.   2 Answers

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email to schedule 30 min phone interview. Phone interview was taken by a team member. The interview went well from my perspective. Answered almost all questions. But did not receive the result of the interview even after 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Short channel effects, nm CMOS technology limitations, how to retain threshold voltage of MOSFET with decreasing channel length, charge on plates of a capacitor when connected to a voltage source, modeling practical capacitor with ideal elements   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins followed by e-mail notification. 50% for my own research and 30% for introduction of the position. 20% for questions. It's research type position and a lot of questions regarding the semiconductor industry and your research applied to the development.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through a contact, unexpectedly got the interview as my profile was Analog/Mixed Signal Design and the position is a characterization position. The phone interview lasted 45mins to 1hour. On the phone interview most questions where on my Masters Research topic. On site consisted of 6 rounds. 4 back to back till lunch and then other 2, each round consisted of 45mins with a different person in each round. Questions were fairly in depth and one or two rounds were basically on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Everything related to MOS Physics, OP Amp basics, Voltage Reference Design, Layouts, integrated passive elements. One round was on RF LNA and Transceiver Design only because it was on my resume.   1 Answer
    • study all small dimension effects, leakage currents, layouts, variability questions, Miller effect,etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was terrible, as I had no other offers I was not in a position to negotiate. Although I tried for an increase I did not get any. Initially it seemed I got low balled into accepting,but later on I realized the offer was fair.Make sure that the offer that they are giving is reasonable, in my case it was reasonable so I wasn't in any position to ask for more and not look greedy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

technical interviews from 9 - 5. Met with 3 engineers and 3 managements. people were nice and questions were very straight forward and dealt with fundamentals of digital design. Overall a good experience.