Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I had a telephone interview and the questions where pretty basic ... what is a State Machine? What is a Latch? How do you construct a TFF our of a DFF? ... I passed the telephone interview and I was asked to come onsite. Everything that I studied pretty much came up in the onsite interview ... however, question began to get harder beyond the scope of what I had either put on my resume, or in the actual application. What I noticed in the paperwork was that although the position that I was applying for was for a Recent College Graduate (RCG), the paperwork showed "experience" ... I had experience as a Apps Engineer, but not as a Component Design Engineer. Given that I was applying for something entirely different (Verilog, Timing related, Synthesis related) and just had graduated from a Masters program, I still was being considered an experience candidate. Make sure that you tell them that if you apply as a RCG, that it should be that way and not as an experienced candidate.

Interview Questions

• It was a CPU question at the gate level ... I have never seen this question in either of my Bachelors or Masters level classes. It was not a question about the CPU Architecture to be clear.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Initially I has a phone interview. Then they asked me to come to on-site for interview.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins followed by e-mail notification. 50% for my own research and 30% for introduction of the position. 20% for questions. It's research type position and a lot of questions regarding the semiconductor industry and your research applied to the development.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three technical rounds. First one was a telephonic and the other two rounds were panel discussion and then the hr round overall the interview process was very well conducted and much organised

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

30 minute interview with organization manager (explain job function; evaluate value to organization); four to six 30 minute technical interviews with other engineers; 60 minute lunch / interview with hiring manager (understand career goals; explain job function; evaluate compatibility to team and personality i.e. what would you like to work with and manage)

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Interviewing: give me an example of a time when...   1 Answer
    • Technical Questions: transistor characteristics; C/Script Programming; design a circuit from a simple truth table   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen with a team member, all technical questions related to timing, state machines, asic design flow, eda tool flow and knowledge and scripting. It was followed by another phone screen with the manager, some basic questions and rest behavioral. Called for onsite next week. Interviewed with 4 people for a total of 5 hrs. first interview on Static timing analysis, second was on basics of circuit design and backend validation. Third on complete asic design flow with tool flow based questions on timing and improving power/sizing and ttm. Fourth was all about scripting.

Interview Questions

• Setup and hold time explanation on the board with timing diagrams and transistor level diagram of a register.   Answer Question
    • Basic concepts of perl and Global expressions for a list of strings.   Answer Question
    • Script to parse through a timing result file detailing the timing for some specified paths.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Coimbatore (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

minimum 3 rounds of Technical interview. most of the question are on static timing analysis related. and physical design flow basics. in different rounds different skills are tested. will take half day for all interviews.

Interview Questions

• question will be on structural design related and few apptitude   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process spanned the entire day. They looked for both technical skills as well as behavioral skills. They looked for the willingness to learn more than knowing a bunch of things. On the technical side, they asked some fundamental questions on circuit design practices and timing analysis.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

phone screen
    HR
    hiring manager call
    onsite interview with 5-6 tech folks
    lunch on site or so
    team manager gets back to HR and HR tells candidate what happened or what will happen next. offer goes to candidate and there can be sign on bonus or relo package depending on offer type.

Interview Questions

• technical questions mostly   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

There was 1 telephone round and 4 onsite rounds.
    mainly it started with 1 st week on an hr telephone call , asking about projects , transistors, timings analysis, blocking , non blocking statements.
    Onsite interview was Comp Arch, RTL design, C/C++ design and perl , behavioral ; 1 hr each round.

Interview Questions

• Set Up time hold time, Flip Flops, MUXES, Computer Architecture   Answer Question