Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

3.2

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email to schedule 30 min phone interview. Phone interview was taken by a team member. The interview went well from my perspective. Answered almost all questions. But did not receive the result of the interview even after 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Short channel effects, nm CMOS technology limitations, how to retain threshold voltage of MOSFET with decreasing channel length, charge on plates of a capacitor when connected to a voltage source, modeling practical capacitor with ideal elements   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Through a hiring event in September 2016. Mass recruiting event, fun event. Go market yourself and get interviews scheduled for the next day. Have to scavenge a little for opportunites but if you get them you're lucky.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2016.

Interview

It was a campus placement from IIT Kharagpur. There were two rounds one technical and one HR. In technical they asked about basics of Electronics, some questions about VLSI. They asked about FIFO, counters, MOSFET basics nmos and pmos both, CMOS inverter.

Interview Questions

• About SRAM they asked full functionality, how it can be designed using transmission gates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: was asked maily about my projects and previous internship experience.
    Onsite : they wanted to see if i am a good fit to the team , technical questions again based on my resume and aslo based on the work they do. (SV,verilog,OVM,UVM). Important things to read would be assertions,mailboxes,semapores,fork/join,discrete event simulator, phases in OVM/UVM

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins followed by e-mail notification. 50% for my own research and 30% for introduction of the position. 20% for questions. It's research type position and a lot of questions regarding the semiconductor industry and your research applied to the development.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through a contact, unexpectedly got the interview as my profile was Analog/Mixed Signal Design and the position is a characterization position. The phone interview lasted 45mins to 1hour. On the phone interview most questions where on my Masters Research topic. On site consisted of 6 rounds. 4 back to back till lunch and then other 2, each round consisted of 45mins with a different person in each round. Questions were fairly in depth and one or two rounds were basically on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Everything related to MOS Physics, OP Amp basics, Voltage Reference Design, Layouts, integrated passive elements. One round was on RF LNA and Transceiver Design only because it was on my resume.   1 Answer
    • study all small dimension effects, leakage currents, layouts, variability questions, Miller effect,etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was terrible, as I had no other offers I was not in a position to negotiate. Although I tried for an increase I did not get any. Initially it seemed I got low balled into accepting,but later on I realized the offer was fair.Make sure that the offer that they are giving is reasonable, in my case it was reasonable so I wasn't in any position to ask for more and not look greedy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

technical interviews from 9 - 5. Met with 3 engineers and 3 managements. people were nice and questions were very straight forward and dealt with fundamentals of digital design. Overall a good experience.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chennai (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were 2 technical rounds. In 1st technical round, question were asked from Finite State Machines, Verilog Coding, FIFO and VLSI Design Flow. Interviewer went through the resume several times and asked about my working preference. 2nd technical round was on Static timing analysis, Parity Generator and Checker. No HR round was conducted. Interviewers were helpful, giving hints if you get stuck in something.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

Interview

First there was an aptitude test it had simple questions then there were two technical rounds, in 1st one they asked digital design questions and in 2nd one they asked about the projects and course work from my resume. Aptitude test was easy mostly based on permutation combination and probability but the technical rounds were little hard, focus on the basics of digital IC design and digital systems Not only for intel, for any VLSI company these two courses are must.

Interview Questions

• Basics of digital systems and IC design: different types circuits, setup & hold time, FSM, mos basics.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three technical rounds. First one was a telephonic and the other two rounds were panel discussion and then the hr round overall the interview process was very well conducted and much organised