Intel Corporation Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.1

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

5 interviews with peers and managers 30 mins - 1 hour each. The interviewers were respectful and willing to give time to allow you to think logically about your answers rather than rush. They do not accept shallow answers so don't pretend to know soomething you don't really know.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Standard telephonic interview with basic questions about my resume content. This was followed by a technical phone screen. Questions about comp arch, static timing analysis, logic design, etc. The interviewers were very cordial and questions were easy. Did not get a call for onsite.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

90 minutes Phone interview. Got call for onsite interview after 2 weeks. Then onsite interview for full day with different people. All logistic including air travel, car rental and hotel stay were arranged. Before that a drug test was done. After onsite interview, got offer after 3 weeks from HR.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

There were a few questions about the project, layout and some scripting/ coding questions. They also concentrated on the analytical and problem solving skills. Found the questions relating to Vlsi concepts pretty easy and managed to answer everything right. The coding questions were a bit challenging. Overall the experience was good.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was through extended internship. After 9 months of work, a full time offer was extended. I have interviewed for internal jobs, which generally consist of meeting with the team members and answering both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• You have 2 sensors and a spinning turntable. how do you determine the direction of spin?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

one round of phone and one round of on-site

Interview Questions

• signed NDA so not about to post question here, but be preparing for circuit design questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online to the ASIC group and quickly had a call from a recruiter at the company. They quickly forwarded me off to the hiring group. A phone interview soon followed. That went well enough that they asked for an in-person interview. The whole process was surprisingly very quick.

However, it was too rushed. As I went through the in person interview I realized that they were looking for someone with different qualifications. Not a single person I asked had done anything more than glanced through my resume. If they had they would have realized I was not what they were looking for and I wouldn't have made the trip. Much of the process, including the actual interviews seemed rushed and poorly prepared.

The process was a sequence of 1:1 interviews that included questions regarding experience, technical questions, and behavioral questions. Nothing special here.

Most of the interviewers were laid back and friendly, but at least one was rather in your face. Perhaps just an act for the interview to see how I'd react, but I don't believe so. I noticed here and with some other interactions with Intel people that a larger than normal number have a high level of undeserved over-confidence. As one example in the interview I had 2 people who were absolutely certain about a question I asked about the company despite giving different answers which also both disagreed with the research I did beforehand.

After almost 2 months I have not heard back from the company at all, which I think is poor etiquette.

Interview Questions

• They asked some reasonably simple logic problems that they also wanted me to program. This person seemed to think I did a lot of programming, and I don't know why. The process of programming on a white board seemed like a strange task for this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

interviewed for 3 rounds. each with a gap of a week. First two rounds were very easy. Third was difficult

Interview Questions

• questions completely on dynamic circuits. Comparison with static circuits   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Standard telephonic interview with basic questions about my resume content. Onsite included all day interviews from 9am to 4pm. Was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Was mostly about analog/mixed signal basics + a few process related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I had mailed my resume to someone I knew at Intel. I got an email from a hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview, I got an invite for onsite interview. The onsite interview was from 8am to 5pm, including my presentation, lunch and 8 1-1 interviews. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were on my research and CMOS devices/circuits.   Answer Question