Intel Corporation Design Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Design Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Very informal interview process. People were very friendly and polite. Level of questions was average. Had multiple interviews on logic design, architecture and circuit design.Very informal interview process. People were very friendly and polite. Level of questions was average. Had multiple interviews on logic design, architecture and circuit design.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I had mailed my resume to someone I knew at Intel. I got an email from a hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview, I got an invite for onsite interview. The onsite interview was from 8am to 5pm, including my presentation, lunch and 8 1-1 interviews. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were on my research and CMOS devices/circuits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online to the ASIC group and quickly had a call from a recruiter at the company. They quickly forwarded me off to the hiring group. A phone interview soon followed. That went well enough that they asked for an in-person interview. The whole process was surprisingly very quick.

However, it was too rushed. As I went through the in person interview I realized that they were looking for someone with different qualifications. Not a single person I asked had done anything more than glanced through my resume. If they had they would have realized I was not what they were looking for and I wouldn't have made the trip. Much of the process, including the actual interviews seemed rushed and poorly prepared.

The process was a sequence of 1:1 interviews that included questions regarding experience, technical questions, and behavioral questions. Nothing special here.

Most of the interviewers were laid back and friendly, but at least one was rather in your face. Perhaps just an act for the interview to see how I'd react, but I don't believe so. I noticed here and with some other interactions with Intel people that a larger than normal number have a high level of undeserved over-confidence. As one example in the interview I had 2 people who were absolutely certain about a question I asked about the company despite giving different answers which also both disagreed with the research I did beforehand.

After almost 2 months I have not heard back from the company at all, which I think is poor etiquette.

Interview Questions

• They asked some reasonably simple logic problems that they also wanted me to program. This person seemed to think I did a lot of programming, and I don't know why. The process of programming on a white board seemed like a strange task for this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

It was pretty easy interview, with basic question about digital design and vlsi design

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

90 minutes Phone interview. Got call for onsite interview after 2 weeks. Then onsite interview for full day with different people. All logistic including air travel, car rental and hotel stay were arranged. Before that a drug test was done. After onsite interview, got offer after 3 weeks from HR.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site interview of 6 rounds. Comp-arch, digital design & validation related questions. Very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• caches, pipelining, cache coherency, processor consistency   Answer Question
    • R-Ccircuits, mosfets, k-maps, state machines, testing, verilog   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2011.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Contacted on phone by manager (quick background check)
    - Contacted again by manager (a few technical questions and scheduled on-site)
    - Completed 1 day on-site interview in Hillsboro, OR

Overall, the interview process and questions are straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• Find the transfer function of a simple feedback loops such as LDO and PLL   1 Answer
    • Explain setup and hold time, discuss their importance   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

I got an email from the manager describing the details of the position and his interest in speaking about a potential position. I replied and fixed a date 4 days later. I was told that the interview would last for min 45mins and i should have a pen and paper for the whole section.

Interview Questions

• Then i was asked about the CMOS Transistor combinatorial circuit design and transistor sizing   1 Answer
    • Lastly i was asked about delay (i was given a situation where there were two circuit block and was asked to reduce the delay between them)

I almost answered all the answers (may be missed on the 1st one of sequential question).

Then we just talked about the position, what i will be doing and how was the team hierarchy.

At the end i was told that they will contact me withing a weak.
      Overall experience was good.
      1 Answer