Intel Corporation Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

There was an opening, but no one was really interested in filling the position with a really qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2008.

Interview

Interview process took half a day meeting about 5 different people. People were a mixture of engineers and managers. Interview questions were both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Intel will try to keep your base salary low and point out their total compensation package or Tcomp. Make sure you negotiate a base salary that's acceptable to you and don't be swayed by the Tcomp.

Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online through intel job website. The process took about 1 month. Then, I got phone call and do some phone interview. At the end of phone interview the interviewer was asked for when I can come for interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leixlip (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Leixlip (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Aggressive, jobs seem to have been pre decided before the interview.
    Wouldnt recommend joining this company as the future prospects are limited.
    also since the layoffs recently the staff have been of low moral as all the senior staff have now been replaced with cheaper younger and less experienced people.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

Interview

submitted resume, was contacted for phone interview. This was a general process and mainly consisted of the hiring manager going over the details in the resume. A couple of days after I was contacted for an onsite interview. This was held about 2 weeks after the phone interview. The interview consisted of a presentation and a panel interview. The next business day I was contacted saying I have not been considered.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview

My interview, which lasted 4 hours, comprised of several 1:1 interviews with several people. The questions primarily were behavioral with a few technical questions added in occasionally. After the interview, I was told that I would hear back within 2 weeks. I sent a follow up email inquiring what my status was at the 2 week point, but was told they were finishing up interviews during week 3. 4 weeks went by until I received an email notification from HR and not the person I interviewed.

They made it appear throughout the interview that I pretty much had the job, and couldn't seem to stop talking about the benefits package, moving package, etc. The only thing they didn't mention was salary, which from what I had heard, was non-negotiable anyways from others I know who work at Intel. The manager gloated on numerous occasions about his recent expensive purchases, which I found to be rather tasteless.

Unprofessional, poor communication, misleading, and lack of modesty is how I would describe the primary interviewer.

My perception of the work culture is that it's close knit, but they expect you to work long hours, as well as remain on call 24/7, so there is a terrible life/work balance, reinforced by the manager plainly stating that he was hiring someone specifically to offload his work while he took off on his 2 month sabbatical.

I don't have any advice for other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview

Asked me why I wanted to join the company , I said It was my dream to gain exposure

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Interview

New college graduate full time. Basically the on-campus interview was one on one. I didn't know what job I was interviewing for until I got there (EE major). Won't give the specific title but it wasn't "hardcore" EE like analog or component design. Went over the resume a bit...had to do a few simple code snippets. There was one minimally technical EE related question. I was surprised...reading other interview reviews I studied beforehand expecting a really hard question. Then I was told to apply to an online listing for the position the next day and had to go through an online background check afterwards. Then there was a phone interview with the original one on one guy and another guy in the group. Largely behavioral type stuff like "describe a time when..." Then they made an offer. All of this happened in one week starting Monday ending Friday.

Negotiation

It really depends on how badly the hiring manager wants you. College grads don't have much flexibility no matter the company. The offer they give is VERY generous when you factor in relocation (>$7.5k depending on distance and other stuff) and 401k matching (6%) and the two yearly bonuses (about 7% of base salary). Base salary alone is fair but nothing to write home about...few hundred higher than I had from another offer with a different company.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Interview

The overall interview experience was good. There were 5 rounds with a completely different focus on each one. Questions were pretty standard, to say typical intel questions like adders, caches, verilog, perl etc. Few tricky questions were thrown but the interviewers were nice to give you hints on how to approach it.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Interview

I got a phone interview first then I got a call for onsite. It took one day. It is a one to one interview and most of the time focus on the technical question. People will ask behavioral question as well.