Intel Corporation Finance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Finance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy. Advisor sent out an email on the list-serve, I applied, got called 3 months later for an interview. A manager from another state flew in. Surprisingly easy interview, only three finance questions. I have no formal finance training or education but I was clear about this. Made a personal connection with one interviewer. Got a call a month later and about two weeks of filling out more stuff I was hired with a signing bonus of 1 month's salary. Wear a suit, they'll give you a bonus that more than pays for it.

Interview Questions

• What market structure does intel operate in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, although certainly tried. They basically said they offered me as much as they could. Talked with someone from Costa Rica who spoke good english.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on my campus career center website. They emailed me a couple days later to schedule a phone pre screening interview. I then proceeded to do 2 30 minute interviews on campus. The two interviewers were really nice and welcoming. You could tell that they enjoyed their job at the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to pitch an idea to a supervisor and what were the results.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see Intel in next 10 years?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Campus Recruiting: Two 45-minute interviews back-to-back, 7 questions in each interview for 14 total questions. Some of the questions are repetitive, but they want to see if you improve your answer the second time. I talked to two employees that work in finance, not recruiters. They called me the next day to let me know I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to influence your superiors.
      Tell me about a time you had a difficult group member.
      Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Nearly all hiring into Intel Finance is either right out of undergrad or from an MBA program. Rigorous review process typically consisting of pre-screen, on-campus interviews, then on-site interview. Interview questions are behavioral and test finance technical understanding as well as soft skills.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview

Only got through 1st round -
    1st round was a campus interview
    2 - 30 minute interviews -- the second one ran super long (50 minutes)
    Interviews were very technical -- very few behavioral questions and basically zero questions relating to your interest in Intel or the industry or why you are even sitting in the interview!
    One interview was about finance and even some supply chain technical questions straight off a piece of paper.
    The second interview was a business case that used some off the concepts talked about in the previous interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to convince your manager to make an investment of $1 M and there is no room in the budget - how would you do so?
      Who would you approach with a new idea? A manager, an colleague?
      How do you decide whether a project is worth it?
      What is the WACC? When does a company use this?
      How do you calculate the cost of equity?
      Would you capitalize an investment as an expense or treat it as an asset?
      What is the difference between the 3 financial statements? Please go through each of them and talk me through how they are connected.
      What is the competitive landscape of Intel?
      If I make an investment of say $ 1 M, walk me through how this affects all the statements.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

I did my first interview on campus for 2 30 mins 1:1 and then flew to office for final round that had 3 one-hour interviews. The hole interview process was pleasant and there were definitely some challenging questions but they were not too bad.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that would keep our CFO up at night?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in January 2008.

Interview

Very long and very thorough

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer
    • where do you expect to be in 5 years from now   1 Answer

I was happy where I was

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. They were both technical and I thought I didn't get through after the first one b/c the questions were so hard but surprisingly, I got a second interview and then flown out to their Folsom, CA location for a day of multiple interviews. I did not get an offer.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Half day interview session: Two 1:1 with finance managers, one group presentation session with given business case. Key is to be outspoken and able to think on the spot and articulate your answer appropriately.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the CFO to make decision on whether investing in a product?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2011.

Interview

Received a call for HR that they were interested. Had two initial screening interviews that lasted an average of about 45 mins each. Interviews were pretty comfortable with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Received a callback the same day saying I was recommended for additional interviewing. Was flown out to a campus a couple weeks later.

There was an informal networking event over dinner the day before the interview, and I was able to speak with some employees (all of whom were nice and seemed to like Intel). You also get a presentation from some finance people before the dinner.

On the interview day, they split the candidates into different rooms and have three different interviewers rotate into the rooms for 45 minute interviews with breaks in between. These interviews are also a mix of technical/case and behavioral, with some interviewers leaning more heavily on one aspect than others.

About a week and a half after the interview I received an offer.

Specific advice: Tailor your technical/case answers in a way that demonstrates you know Intel's financial and market position. If you don't they'll ask you to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you made a mistake that cost your team.   1 Answer
    • If you were Intel's CFO, what would keep you up at night?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.