Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.5

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process had 2 rounds. The first round was a phone screening process. In that first round, the questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. For the technical questions, the interviewer really wants to see your thought process when solving problems. The second round was in-person and the questions were similar to the first round. What makes the second round unique is your ability to see the campus, meet the amazing people and see your potential future home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change a status quo or company policy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Tempe, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my MBA program's on campus recruiting. The process was relatively simple. I had two 45 minute interviews back-to-back.
    The interviews were a mix of behavioral and scenario questions. There was about 15 minutes for questions at the end, this was a great time to showcase the research I had done, and the interest I had in working for the company.

Interview Questions

• You have a supplier that provides a key component to one of your products, they are planning to increase prices by 20%, what do you do?

How would you forecast expenses using financial and statistical models?

You are working with the marketing team and they are planning to spend nearly their entire budget on a media campaign. You don't agree with this decision, but you are not a decision maker, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austell, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

NBMBAA conference: posted resume on conference site and was contacted by Intel for prescreen. Was selected for phone interview. Eventually got a an in person interview(2 back to back) at conference. Once in interview both seemed disengaged maybe cause it was after lunch. Advice: pick early interview slot. Took forever to find out I did not get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I first was contacted for a technical finance screening interview. It was a 30 minute interview. Everyone at Intel was really nice and seemed interested in helping me. They would keep asking follow-up questions until I got to the answer they were looking for. After the initial phone interview, they invited me to come and have a meet and greet dinner. The next day I had to 30 minute one on one interviews on site. The questions were both behavioral and financial in nature.

Interview Questions

• Which of the financial statements is most important?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

the interview was two 45 minute sessions back to back. half of the questions that were asked were technical finance questions (CAPM model, etc.). The other half was behavioral questions. They also wanted to make sure you did your research, so they asked questions about their products also.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Pre-screening phone interview, two 30 minute back to back interview with financial analysts, final round interview.
    I thought the pre-screening interview would only be behavioral questions... I was wrong. There was about half behavioral and half technical questions in the pre-screening interview. The back to back interviews were not bad because they basically asked the similar type of questions. I was not very prepared for the back to back interview, that's probably why I didn't make it into the final round.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through all the financial statements   Answer Question
    • What happens to the financial statements after the company buys more long term assets?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to go into finance?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2015.

Interview

It was behavioral/technical with everything related to situations on the job testing your knowledge of finance. It helps to go through all the questions already posted on Glassdoor. The interview is usually a combination of all these questions. There were two 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• If Intel had to increase their capital, would they go for debt or equity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good . I thought it would be tuff but turned out to be very informative and good. They asked me behavioural questions like my strength not weakness. Inside interview was quite tuff to handle. I felt it to be tuff

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Campus Interview, networking event, 4-5 interviewees from different groups in finance.
    Large number of candidates were called/flied in and also had an "orientation". Most questions wer on behavioral skills, I do not remember being asked any technical questions which was surprising for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do we know you will take this job this time? In the past, this job had been offered but I did not take it.
      2. Strengths/weaknesses etc
      3. Have you influenced a team in a difficult situation and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a week later I was called for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was casual and felt more like behavioral questions.
    After I went in for 2 onsite interviews. Come dressed professional and be on time if not early.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to be in finance. Why do you want to work for us? Tell a time when you failed and how did you go about it?   Answer Question