Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2020.

Interview

Invited for a pre-screen interview via phone with a current Intel analyst.

This was a very negative experience for me. It seemed like the interviewer felt inconvenienced or obligated to be doing this so immediately from the start, confidence was down. The questions were, by far, more difficult than anything you see on Glassdoor. I'm not sure why they were so challenging compared to the ones on here, but it stumped me from the start. I prepared over a week roughly about 16 hours for this interview. Felt very confident. Questions almost felt as if they were taken right from Wall Street - and they were all asked with the expectation that you've been working in finance for years and have a full bank of answers ready to throw at them related to your work with groups in a work setting. I requested feedback after the interview and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• The only one I can remember which I managed to answer somewhat decently...
    If you had to present two new projects to senior management and your group had no budget left for the year, how would you go about proposing the projects? Describe, in detail, the key financial metrics you'd use in your proposal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy-going interviewer. Overall positive experience. Question were:Tell me a time you had to present an uncomfortable idea or report? Tell me a time you led a team with limited resources? It was a pre-screening interview so I didnt expect those questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to present an uncomfortable idea or report? Tell me a time you led a team with limited resources? It was a pre-screening interview.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2019.

Interview

Three over the phone interviews which ranged from behavioral to increasingly more technical as you get later in to the process. Not very high stress and were given very fair answers that were reasonable to deal with on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview. Interview at Intel in Santa Clara. Flown in on Thursday night, dinner with employees, stay overnight, 3 individual interviews with controllers in morning, lunch, spend weekend in Bay Area,

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral - Difficult situation, etc. Intel's strategy (read up on Intel) and some technical questions - NPV, ROI   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university online. I received an email for an interview two weeks later. The interview was on campus and was two back to back 30 minutes interview. It was scheduled for the next week. They asked me some difficult technical finance and accounting questions as well as behavioral questions. I received an email two weeks later saying that I received an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process had 2 rounds. The first round was a phone screening process. In that first round, the questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. For the technical questions, the interviewer really wants to see your thought process when solving problems. The second round was in-person and the questions were similar to the first round. What makes the second round unique is your ability to see the campus, meet the amazing people and see your potential future home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change a status quo or company policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Tempe, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my MBA program's on campus recruiting. The process was relatively simple. I had two 45 minute interviews back-to-back.
    The interviews were a mix of behavioral and scenario questions. There was about 15 minutes for questions at the end, this was a great time to showcase the research I had done, and the interest I had in working for the company.

Interview Questions

• You have a supplier that provides a key component to one of your products, they are planning to increase prices by 20%, what do you do?

How would you forecast expenses using financial and statistical models?

You are working with the marketing team and they are planning to spend nearly their entire budget on a media campaign. You don't agree with this decision, but you are not a decision maker, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austell, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

NBMBAA conference: posted resume on conference site and was contacted by Intel for prescreen. Was selected for phone interview. Eventually got a an in person interview(2 back to back) at conference. Once in interview both seemed disengaged maybe cause it was after lunch. Advice: pick early interview slot. Took forever to find out I did not get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I first was contacted for a technical finance screening interview. It was a 30 minute interview. Everyone at Intel was really nice and seemed interested in helping me. They would keep asking follow-up questions until I got to the answer they were looking for. After the initial phone interview, they invited me to come and have a meet and greet dinner. The next day I had to 30 minute one on one interviews on site. The questions were both behavioral and financial in nature.

Interview Questions

• Which of the financial statements is most important?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

the interview was two 45 minute sessions back to back. half of the questions that were asked were technical finance questions (CAPM model, etc.). The other half was behavioral questions. They also wanted to make sure you did your research, so they asked questions about their products also.