Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR
    On-site Interviews (3)

Interview Questions

• Difficult technical finance questions eg calculate ROI of a project etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied the application online and had 2 phone interviews. The first interview was mostly about technical questions. You really need to know about finance stuff. The second interview was mostly behavioral questions (only one finance question). After the second interview, you will received an email whether you have passed the phone interview or not.

Interview Questions

• •Tell me about yourself.
      •Which Intel location is your most preference?
      •Tell me about a time when you have to make a quick decision.
      •If your manager wants to add 2 new budgets for next year and the board of the director said they don’t have the money to do so, what would you present to your manager?
      •How would you reduce discount rate from 15% to 7.5% annually?
      •What do you think is the most important in financial control of a company?
      •How would you explain NPV (Net Present Value) to someone in engineering who knows nothing about Finance?
      •Why audit (in finance) is important?
      •How to calculate the discount rate?
      •Intel is the leader in chipmaker industry. It has 80% of share in market. What challenges do you think Intel faces for being in such position?
      •Tell me about a time when you face some challenges and how you overcome it? (includes the unique skill set you used)
      •Tell me about a time when you face a roadblock and how you overcome it.
      •Tell me about a time when you face difficulty and what would you have done differently.
      •You are in a team of creating a product in which a lot of people are counting on you. Your manager wants the projects to have a gross margin of 43% or more. There are 3 projects that has 45% of gross margin. Which projects would you recommend to your manager? Is it possible to have a low gross margin with a high NPV?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Got an interview through campus recruiting. Included phone screening and 2 back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to do a job that was constantly changing?

We are releasing a new product and want to increase its revenue. How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Notre Dame, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

Most of the hiring comes from campus recruiting. There are specific finance managers assigned to all of the key schools. Building a relationship with them is a great way to improve your chances for an interview. For internships, there were two interviews and full-time, I believe there were 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were multiple questions about the industry and markets that Intel should look at.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

On campus recruiting. first round was basic behavioral questions and a couple academic questions. Most of them had been posted on Glassdoor. The second round was more behaviors with a different person. Third round is onsite

Application

Interview

Phone screens and/or campus interviews. On site interivew if most of the day with a benefits overview

Interview Questions

• There were not too many unknown or crazy questions. standard behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO neogtiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

There are two initial phone interviews. The interviewers are actual financial analyst, not HR or recruiting personnel. The phone interviews are 45 min to 60 min in length. There is a combination of behavioral and technical questions but the emphasis is on the behavioral questions.
    If you do well enough you will have another series of interviews at one of the major Intel locations. There you will do three 1-on-1 interviews of 45 min each. Again, these are performed by actual analysts and managers. The format is the same (behavior plus technical). There are 6 to 7 questions that follow a script that details specific responses or keywords that the interviewer is looking for.
    I found that everyone throughout the processes wants you to do well. It is not about keeping people out (as others are) but rather to make sure there is a good fit from both sides.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to convince a superior that a certain course of action was necessary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

I participated in the candidate rush at the Chandler, AZ site. My travel and lodging were payed for. I was very happy with the overall process. The first day was an overview of the rotational program and Intel. The second day we attended a presentation concerning the benefits of working at Intel. We were given three separate interviews. All interviews were behavioral in nature. Each interview had a technical component which was relatively basic. My advice would be make sure you have some strong examples of experiences to draw upon (work, school, etc.). Make sure you are aware of basic functions of company by reviewing 10K or Q. Have a strong working knowledge of corporate finance and the current regulatory environment.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to analyze two projects to determine which will be funded. Describe what your analysis process is.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your decisions had a negative effect on the outcome of a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

Have a lot of experiences from past club and leaderships positions so that you can relate your experiences towards the position. Be ready to answer technical and behavioral questions and be as specific and in depth as possible because recruiters want to see how much you learned in your college career while seeing how you stand apart from your peers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a difficult situation and how you overcame that?   Answer Question
    • Explain the importance of financial controls in a company?   Answer Question
    • How would you reduce the discount rate in half?   Answer Question