Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.5

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austell, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

NBMBAA conference: posted resume on conference site and was contacted by Intel for prescreen. Was selected for phone interview. Eventually got a an in person interview(2 back to back) at conference. Once in interview both seemed disengaged maybe cause it was after lunch. Advice: pick early interview slot. Took forever to find out I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process had 2 rounds. The first round was a phone screening process. In that first round, the questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. For the technical questions, the interviewer really wants to see your thought process when solving problems. The second round was in-person and the questions were similar to the first round. What makes the second round unique is your ability to see the campus, meet the amazing people and see your potential future home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change a status quo or company policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Tempe, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my MBA program's on campus recruiting. The process was relatively simple. I had two 45 minute interviews back-to-back.
    The interviews were a mix of behavioral and scenario questions. There was about 15 minutes for questions at the end, this was a great time to showcase the research I had done, and the interest I had in working for the company.

Interview Questions

• You have a supplier that provides a key component to one of your products, they are planning to increase prices by 20%, what do you do?

How would you forecast expenses using financial and statistical models?

You are working with the marketing team and they are planning to spend nearly their entire budget on a media campaign. You don't agree with this decision, but you are not a decision maker, what do you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chengdu, Sichuan (China)) in August 2015.

Interview

there are more than 3 round interviews
    1st: telephone interview from Malaysia, 2nd: manager phone interview (behavioural questions and a few financial questions) 3nd: directors 2to1 face to face (financial analyst skills testing and behavioural questions)

Interview Questions

• Difficut situation, team work experience, mixed culture group, NPV, conflict   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Process involved 2 in person interviews, both very technical, with a focus on financial statements and ROIs. There were some personality questions as well, but these were not the focus.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you consider when evalauting 2 alternative projects   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Few phone interviews and one day of in person interviews. It was with the entire team and there was a lot of variablility in terms of difficulty. However everyone was very polite and to the point

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral interviewing like tell me how you manage multiple projects.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me everything I had asked for in the initial recruiter screening

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

2 people interviewed me, some behavioural based questions which was 30 minutes but went on to 40 -45 mins. Also had group exercise where people were given different pieces of paper with different information on and as a group we had to solve a puzzle by sharing info, only certain pieces could be shared if a certain situation arose. Some people were more dominant, some people were timid. Also a presentation on my own background.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at intel   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through university website. Got contact within two weeks about an interview that took place about a week later. Two back to back interviews by two different people. There were also two people interviewing at a time. Mostly behavioral questions, two technical questions. Overall the process was pretty easy. Heard back in about three weeks after the first and only interview. After that I received about three weeks to respond.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you faced with a challenge that you overcame?
      Theres two project, how do you decide which one to undetake   1 Answer

Portland Oregan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Pre-screening phone interview, two 30 minute back to back interview with financial analysts, final round interview.
    I thought the pre-screening interview would only be behavioral questions... I was wrong. There was about half behavioral and half technical questions in the pre-screening interview. The back to back interviews were not bad because they basically asked the similar type of questions. I was not very prepared for the back to back interview, that's probably why I didn't make it into the final round.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through all the financial statements   Answer Question
    • What happens to the financial statements after the company buys more long term assets?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to go into finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I first was contacted for a technical finance screening interview. It was a 30 minute interview. Everyone at Intel was really nice and seemed interested in helping me. They would keep asking follow-up questions until I got to the answer they were looking for. After the initial phone interview, they invited me to come and have a meet and greet dinner. The next day I had to 30 minute one on one interviews on site. The questions were both behavioral and financial in nature.

Interview Questions

• Which of the financial statements is most important?   1 Answer