Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Oregon

3.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process had 2 rounds. The first round was a phone screening process. In that first round, the questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. For the technical questions, the interviewer really wants to see your thought process when solving problems. The second round was in-person and the questions were similar to the first round. What makes the second round unique is your ability to see the campus, meet the amazing people and see your potential future home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change a status quo or company policy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I first was contacted for a technical finance screening interview. It was a 30 minute interview. Everyone at Intel was really nice and seemed interested in helping me. They would keep asking follow-up questions until I got to the answer they were looking for. After the initial phone interview, they invited me to come and have a meet and greet dinner. The next day I had to 30 minute one on one interviews on site. The questions were both behavioral and financial in nature.

Interview Questions

• Which of the financial statements is most important?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Questions

• I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied the application online and had 2 phone interviews. The first interview was mostly about technical questions. You really need to know about finance stuff. The second interview was mostly behavioral questions (only one finance question). After the second interview, you will received an email whether you have passed the phone interview or not.

Interview Questions

• •Tell me about yourself.
      •Which Intel location is your most preference?
      •Tell me about a time when you have to make a quick decision.
      •If your manager wants to add 2 new budgets for next year and the board of the director said they don’t have the money to do so, what would you present to your manager?
      •How would you reduce discount rate from 15% to 7.5% annually?
      •What do you think is the most important in financial control of a company?
      •How would you explain NPV (Net Present Value) to someone in engineering who knows nothing about Finance?
      •Why audit (in finance) is important?
      •How to calculate the discount rate?
      •Intel is the leader in chipmaker industry. It has 80% of share in market. What challenges do you think Intel faces for being in such position?
      •Tell me about a time when you face some challenges and how you overcome it? (includes the unique skill set you used)
      •Tell me about a time when you face a roadblock and how you overcome it.
      •Tell me about a time when you face difficulty and what would you have done differently.
      •You are in a team of creating a product in which a lot of people are counting on you. Your manager wants the projects to have a gross margin of 43% or more. There are 3 projects that has 45% of gross margin. Which projects would you recommend to your manager? Is it possible to have a low gross margin with a high NPV?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

Have a lot of experiences from past club and leaderships positions so that you can relate your experiences towards the position. Be ready to answer technical and behavioral questions and be as specific and in depth as possible because recruiters want to see how much you learned in your college career while seeing how you stand apart from your peers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a difficult situation and how you overcame that?   Answer Question
    • Explain the importance of financial controls in a company?   Answer Question
    • How would you reduce the discount rate in half?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Got 2 phone call interviews. if you pass these 2, they will fly you to Oregon for the On site interview. Both Behavioral and technical question. Hard but not that stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2010.

Interview

I submited my resumee and cover letter to companys website. Then weeks letter I got this e-mail, which was saying that I was schedule for phone interview on this date and time. Interview lasted less than 5 minites. I was a personal question. And the guy old me if I am selected for further interview, I will receive a call from him again. Never get a call back then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Beaverton, OR) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied in November for a Graduate position and didn't hear back until May, but at least I heard back! Was offered a phone interview- which was awful! It was my first time being asked technical finance questions in an interview-applying stuff I learned in the classroom to business situations. He was obviously looking for key words though, and even though I could explain what the answer was he wasn't satisfied until I finally got to that key word which made it very awkward and strained. I ended the interview sure I was out, but I was offered another one-not sure if 2 interviews is the standard or not, but it was a surprise!

Second interview went a lot better. Pretty much the same technical questions, which I now knew the answers to. And the typical situational questions and questions about Intel itself. Went a lot better and I got through to the next round-an on-site interview. Unfortunately, I was traveling when they had the on-site interviews and they had hired someone by the time I returned.

Overall it was am intense and stressful couple interviews, but once I knew what key concepts the interviewer was looking for it was easier as I did actually know the stuff. I guess thats where practice comes in handy!

Interview Questions

• Your manager gives you the current list of projects on the cards and says that X amount needs to be cut from the budget. How do you decide what projects to cut and how do you justify it to your manager.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when something went seriously wrong in a project you were working on and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question