Intel Corporation Firmware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Firmware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.2

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

It was for an intern position, so the questions were pretty basic. They asked about my projects and my past experience with firmware development. I had a bit of experience so i explained about that. they usually just see how you know your projects and what understanding you have on it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied on the Intel careers website.
    I had Technical Phone interviews followed by onsite interviews.
    There were seven one on one interview sessions, each lasted for 45 minutes.
    They mostly touched C and C++ programming questions and basics of operating systems and physical layer communication methods.

Interview Questions

• Basic OS, Bitwise manipulations   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2018.

Interview

One 75-minute interview that was a combination of behavioral and technical questions, with some additional questions clarifying my resume. Fairly simple, coding was done through a website that allowed the users to share screen, and interviewer was very patient. Tested basic knowledge of C.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Went great. Had 2 phone interviews. The phone interviews were focused on computer architecture and system integration. The screening was pretty simple and just a rough check to make sure that things were in order.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the memory hiearchy?   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen and an on-site interview. There were 6 interviews during the day and, were split between discussing my projects, algorithms and coding for 2hrs each.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2016.

Interview

There was an hour long phone interview covering programming basics and questions on my projects. The questions revolved around embedded programming, RTOS and memories. The next day I got a coding test to be completed within 24 hours. It could be done using any language, but preferably C.

Interview Questions

• Questions about linked lists, arrays, pointer implementation. Also about non-volatile memory, and a reasoning question.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hudson, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had applied online on Intel website.I was contacted directly by hiring manager at Intel, MA. The interview was scheduled within a week. The result was also declared within couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Resume basaed then C/C++, BIOS, Computer Architecture, Interrupts, Power Management   2 Answers

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2016.

Interview

Received call for phone screen in december. Lasted for 15 min and received email for onsite next day. Due to Christmas, scheduled call in Jan (I think in mean time, they found someone else!). Interview day was full of silly questions. One interviewer even asked me to draw architecture of system I was working on during internship at other company!! Another interviewer asked me, why I didn't apply to other Intel site? and rest were behavioral questions..tell me what would you do in this or that..In the end told me this job requires creativity and imagination, while telling this interviewer was yelling !!! Next day received email of reject.

Interview Questions

• Why you didn't apply at other Intel site?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening.I got the offer thru employee reference and one of the team member called and asked some basic questions and gave me coding exercises.He spoke about the team and its work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Longmont, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

My first interview was a phone interview. Lync meeting. The interviewer was low-key, and asked questions that started easy but got progressively harder.
    The in-person was out of state, so I was flow in. I had a 5 person interview, one after the other. While some of the interviews were certainly more personality focused, every interviewer (except for the lunch interview) had me write code on the board. I am an EE major, and so I had to study extensively for the interview, but it paid off.
    My number one piece of advice is to study the basics you learned a long time ago. It's the fundamentals (for fresh out of University students) that they want to see.
    Put only things on your resume that you can talk about in great detail.

Interview Questions

• Bit checking a 32 bit number, recursive searching of binary trees. Writing unit tests for simple code algorithms. After writing code, was asked to optimize it. All questions were C.
      Also, they wanted details about my Sr. project (which was FW for an embedded system).   2 Answers