Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Folsom, CA | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Folsom, CA

Updated May 9, 2017

Quality & Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone and asked if I would be interested in coming in for an interview. I said yes, then scheduled an onsite interview. I was told about the topics that i would be tested on. I studied those topics for about 5 days. I went on site, had 3 1:1 interviews. Questions were somewhat tough. I got a call the next morning with an offer.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Step-1.
    Phone screening for about 35-40 mins (Questions about MOSFETs, Probability, Statistics and projects on Resume)

Step-2.
    I was invited for the on-site interviews (4 tech rounds, detailed questions on Logic, semiconductor physics, HDLs, ddesigning)

After a week I was notified about offer by an e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Solve given logic circuits, design regulator (block diagram), complete HDL code, HDL synthesis etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I got referred by an acquaintance to the Windows OS team at Folsom. The overall interview process was around 3-4 weeks. I had an initial round of phone interview which concentrated on general operating system concepts.

I was invited for an onsite interview at Folsom, CA. It was the worst experience that I have had in an interview. I think that the decision regarding hiring was made well before actually even interviewing me. There were 7 rounds of technical interviews. First round was good with generic discussion about my projects, operating system concepts etc. Second round was by an engineer with no proper communication skills, he was rude, unwilling to hear to my approach to problems. This was supossed to be a x86 coding round when I had no where listed that on my resume.

Most of the rounds were primarily concentrated on computer architecture when I had very limited knowledge on the same. The interviewers seems very inconsiderate of the fact that I was a computer science student and not a CE student.

The lunch interview was a pain, right from the moment we left the meeting room, till we came back the interviewer was constantly asking questions, with very limited time given to even have my food. I was expected to code on paper even the lunch interview round which seemed pretty insane to me.

The worst part was the same team at Hillborough had no CE questions at all that were asked while interviewing the candiates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between pentium 4 pipeline and RISC pipeline. What is the first instruction that the CPU executes. Write the PIN diagram of 8086 processor.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was via email. Which lead to an initial phone screening/interview. Then 3 days later I had two phone interviews for two different departments. The first interview was more about professional development, different situations at work and how to work through adversity, and also touching base on how overcome obstacles with limited resources. The second interview was more technical and asking alot about previous projects, coding style, lab experience, and asked about tradeoffs and benefits to different designs in computers and processors.

Interview Questions

• What do I want from working for Intel? What exactly do I see myself contributing to?   Answer Question

Start date was too soon.

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

1 hour and 30 mins phone call, 3 people, each 30 mins, mostly questions on C++, C, Assembly.
    I cannot recall much details about the interview, it was not very hard, go knowledge of c, c++ is enough.

Interview Questions

• mostly questions on C++, C, Assembly.   1 Answer

Customer Biz Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

After 2 phone interview I was flown down to Folsom CA from Washington where I met with 4 managers of the biz group I was applying with. They asked for a quick background summary and since I had worked at Intel previously asked about my prior experiences with Intel. The real interview really started when they put me through a behavioral interview and asked quite a few "what would you do in this scenario" questions. The interview atmosphere felt very open and "friendly" The managers were awesome at answering the questions I had about the biz group and the position.

Interview Questions

• If you only had 50 units available supply of a processor and Dell, our major customer. wanted them and also a small mom and pop shop white box operation wanted that same supply--- who would you give it to?   1 Answer

Client Side Server Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very smooth and easy. Basic questions on Hardware, computer architecture and Operating systems which I believe everyone should know. The hardware questions involved knowledge of lab instruments like oscilloscopes , probes, and kernal debugger than asking about actual logic/chip design

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Got Phone interview without notice but HM asked me about basic device physics and inverter.. followed by on-site with 5 1hr rounds, where they cover device physics, Logic, aptitude and programming.

Core OS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted in March, 2014 by a recruiter. One Engineer called me and asked OS based questions such as semaphore, interrupt controller etc. Then he called for onsite right away. Onsite interview consisted of 6 interviews. I was asked about cache coherency protocols like MSI, MESI, their state diagrams and explain each transition. Other questions include bit manipulation, optimization of algorithms, codes, operating system concepts etc.

Interview Questions

• optimization of algorithms, codes sometimes are bit challenging   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

Only one round of Phone Interview followed by background check
    Started with general info..about the available date and how long you will be available.
    1.SRAM
    2. Projects in the Resume
    3. Question on MOSFET current equations
    4. Setup and Hold time of a Flip Flop and Latch.
    5. Improving the timing of the combination path between two flops.
    6 Time borrowing

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are expected and easy and are related the job role.   1 Answer