Intel Corporation Graduate Technical Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Intel Corporation

2.7

Graduate Intern Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by my prospective boss via e-mail within a week or so of responding to a solicitation for a specific internship on Intel's website, and we arranged a phone interview for later in the week.

He was fairly punctual about calling me and was easy to talk to. The interview wasn't what I expected -- no technical questions were asked, he started immediately with asking me if I had any questions, and so I proceeded to ask some things about what kind of environment I would be working in, what the surrounding area is like, and what kind of work I would be doing. He was reluctant to tell me the actual nature of the project, so I didn't press it. He asked me a few questions along the way, such as what my future ambitions were. All told, it was about an hour.

I heard back from him via e-mail a little less than two months later asking if I had any plans for the summer yet and that he had tentatively chosen someone that had done their graduate research in the exact area of the job (what are the odds, but then again, it's Intel) but was checking in on me as an alternate. I had already accepted another offer by that point, though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Graduate Intern Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

My profile was passed on to a group by a recruiter I had met at a conference. I was then contacted by email to set up a phone interview. After completing the first interview, I was asked to set up a second interview with another person in the group. The two interviews were about 75 mins each, starting off with asking about broad knowledge and by the middle of the interview, became highly technical in nature. The interviewers were very smart.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for many intern positions through the company portal. It took almost 2 months to get an interview call from Intel. I think it was some urgent requirement.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Phone interview. it takes about 45 min. Asked related to the computer architecture basics to deep.
    it is difficult but got the job offer. Asked on c language questions and the interviewer is cool and we had a good chat in the phone,

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Very easy. One phone interview

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hudson, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had one 1:1 phone interview with one of the team members. He asked me about my PhD research and asked me several questions about the problem I am trying to solve and the novelty of the work. He briefly described the project I was going to work on, and I asked him several questions. It was a positive experience. After a week or so, I was offered the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with two members of the team. First interview was not great but the second one was great. They asked me about the skills needed to do the internships and also about my PhD work. They needed someone for a long term internship like 9 months or more. I was OK with that.

Interview Questions

• Before preparing for the phone screen, have a good look at the job req. Make sure you advertise those of your skill that are needed for the job. It is ok not to have all the skills. Nobody has that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

The interview process takes place through a phone call most of the time and it lasts for 20 min to 30 min

Interview Questions

• Explain MESI protocol
      Cache design,Memory and Pipelining   1 Answer

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

One phone interview for about one hour. Covered all basics of digital design, vlsi design and physical design automation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Basic knowledge on programming language and object oriented design.

Interview Questions

• Noting unexpected really. Be confident on what you say you know. In my case main requirement was Java expertise and my knowledge was tested.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR send you a form in the mail. They ask for an expected annual salary in there, but I don't think they take it into account at all. They are probably offering according to your time in the school.