Intel Corporation Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.2

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2019.

Interview

It was smooth. Questions were tricky and related to the job at hand. Interviewed was well versed with the concepts. He also had an open talk related to the topic to gauge your interest

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone Interview which lasted for approx 1 hour. Basic questions from Comp Arch and Digital Logic, VLSI and some basic programming question from C++. Was asked a few logic questions as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

referred by an employee, took 1 day to get an phone interview and on the same day they told me to have an onsite interview. onsite interview had 5 parts, computer arch, verification software and logic design and one behavioral, each round took 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• cache coherency, verification basics, hash, common logic design questions   2 Answers

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got an email first asking about my availability for the interview. I got a phone call as per the schedule. It lasted for 45 minutes. This interview was for Graphics Validation Team in Folsom. I was expecting resume related questions as it was the first round but i was wrong.I sent an email to the interviewer few days after the interview. He replied saying i wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• The questions are as follows :
      Difference between validation and verification ?
      What is Race condition?
      Difference between Latch and flipflop?
      How to design ROM?
      What is a State machine?
      Cycle driven and event driven simulation differences and which one is better
      Functional and code coverage differences
      Blocking and non-blocking assignments in Verilog
      How to define variables in Verilog?
      $display and $monitor differences
      Setup and hold time
      Hold time violation
      Mesi protocol
      Page table
      DRAM and SRAM differences and how to design them   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was selected from the job fair in college. Phone interview for about an hour and then I was immediately called onsite to interview at the Folsom Campus. Onsite had 5 rounds

Interview Questions

• Fifo depth questions, cache coherency and cache architecture questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It started with a 1 hour phone interview and I was asked the basics of cache, memory, fifos and a little bit of C++ like OOPs etc . Then I was called onsite to interview at the Folsom campus

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum size of the fifo given the read and write rates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted 45mins.
    Only technical questions were asked. He mentioned the work his team does.
    The overall profile of the job and what is expected from a student.
    Technical questions were not difficult and were related to basic digital design.

Interview Questions

• Asked about basic digital logic questions and questions related to coding verilog/vhdl.

question on the resume and the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I got a call by mailing HR. There was a 1.5 hour phone screening after which I was called on-site to Folsom. There were 4 rounds and a lunch with the team. Got the results just 2 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview - 2 projects on resume, Mealy and Moore, FSM for a given sequence, basic cache related questions, setup hold, how to fix them, SRAM DRAM, SRAM full operation, Unix commands grep, chmod, chop, chomp, ps.
      Onsite - Round 1 - Behavioral round. He was an engineer at Intel for 22 years. But he mostly asked about my resume and behavioral questions. He wanted me to ask him a lot of questions.
      Round 2 - Lunch with 8 members of the team. Just casual discussion about Folsom and my school and work at Intel.
      Round 3 - Complete Physical Design. Starting from the flow, she asked me every aspect of it. What are inputs to floorplan? Will it help if these inputs are available at Synthesis stage itself? what is clock tree synthesis? why is it done after placing? timing questions. How is power structure decided at floorplan? voltage delay dependence, inverted temperature dependence, sizing of gates, CMOS fabrication process and diagram, layout for CMOS.
      Round 4 - Timing in more detail and more difficult questions, inverter vs buffer, SRAM layout, why higher metal for Vdd Gnd? Why resistance is lower for higher metal layers? spef saif formats, verification basics, reliability verification, functional verification.
      Round 5 - Perl questions. Gave a file and asked me to extract few details using regex. Then had to use hashes to perform some operations on the extracted data. basic C++ questions and simple programs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There was one screening round regarding my internship experience and the job requirements to check if there is a match.Had second round setup for technical interview for about 1 and half hour. It was kind of go through Resume, Cache, Coherence, STA and simple design questions. Heard back in a week for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Cache, Coherency, Virtual Memory, FSM for Overlapping and non-overlapping sequence detectors. Given the waveforms fora set of 3 signals, deduce the final circuit, find the bug in the system where the system specs are given with the output waveforms, System Verilog and OVM based questions as i had mentioned it on my Resume (through internship).   1 Answer

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2015.

Interview

applied online.
    Got the email from the manager saying a team member will be taking my interview.
    One hour interview via phone call. Very simple and straight forward questions.
    Few days later, i got background verification forms. once they were filled, i got email from HR saying that she is extending the offer on behalf of my manager. After accepting the offer, i was given the onboarding forms three weeks before.

Interview Questions

• Pipelining, How have you used assertions in SV?, Perl basics.
      Basic digital design questions   Answer Question