Intel Corporation Graphics Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Graphics Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy. They were mainly looking for soft skills like communication skills and H R questions like why do you want this job and stuff. Nothing much technical. The interviewer was very friendly.
There were few basic questions around operating systems and processor architecture concepts.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for two open reqs and waited for a month to be contacted by HR. I went through a 4 interviews for both positions. The questions were not too complicated: general C++, high level SoC architecture, behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview where I was aksed to describe the graphics pipeline and was asked about mip maps followed by an onsite interview where at least three people asked me about the graphics pipeline followed by a simple linked list question.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe the graphics pipeline (was asked this atleast 3 times)
      2. What are mip maps
      3. Some very simple linked list questions   Answer Question

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied Online for the position also was referred by a friend for the position.The process took two to three weeks.Both rounds were telephonic.
    In the first round was asked about my resume, couple of projects that I had listed on my resume and some basic question like pointers, diff between pass by value and pass by reference, and some os related questions like semaphores, scheduling algorithms.

Interview Questions

• The second round was a week after the first one and was questioned on C/C++ basics like static, extern keyword, inheritance, polymorphism virtual functions. Also was asked some logical questions like reversing a string(how would you do it and tell some test cases for it).Identifying the the no of bits set in a char.Also some questions on virtual memory, paging segmentation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

applied online,phone screen,1:1,Highly technical screen for development position.Mostly programming questions.iam listing few here.Remaining were all c programs and c++ programs with situational questions.They offered,but i had validation engineer opportunity that i liked and accepted .

Interview Questions

• Memory Leak?How do you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Inline Function?difference between inline function and Macros?   Answer Question
    • Linked list,how do u retrieve 5th element from end of the list?how do u write testcase for this ?   2 Answers
    • what is Smart Pointer?what is the function?   Answer Question
    • Inheritance,Polymorphism?,copy constructor?Scope resolution,derived class vs base class?access specifiers,queues,datastructures,programs,write a function?   Answer Question

Validation is my line of experience and interest.The job position is specific to Driver development,video codec etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I got a call from HR and they scheduled a interview(technical). Then they called me onsite. I just got the confirmation on the same day.

Interview Questions

due to personal reasons but i still regret about my decision.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

1. HR contact
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager.
    3. Onstie interview with 7 engineers, including 2 managers
    4. wait for 2 weeks to get offer

Interview Questions

• Why using C++ to write FW instead of C (relevant to my previous job), compare pros and cons   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I'm so eager to change a job. so I didn't get a good salary.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Started with the phone call where many general questions were asked trying to see if I am at all eligible for the job. Then, after getting selected, I got the on-site interview call where I was intensively questioned on many topics by different people of the interview panel. Each tried to focus on a particular set of expertise but their questions were pretty difficult, thus ensuring that the selected candidate is completely tested in term of his/her academic credentials.

Interview Questions

• Explain memory management in operating systems?   Answer Question
    • How critical sections can be synchronized and a variety of situations regarding it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was satisfied with what I was offered. And I would definitely advice others to not let this company go because there is a plenty to learn at Intel and is a great opportunity for professional growth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

There are 4 rounds, each takes around an hour. Questions include white board coding, common questions that can be found from leetcode, and some questions about C and C++ concepts, 3D graphics related questions

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Only had first phone screen, nice recruiter- my friend submitted my resume internally. They asked questions on my prior projects and app development. Asked the basic strength and weakness questions and talked about the position.

Interview Questions

• What language do you code in, what are the drawbacks to that language?   Answer Question