Intel Corporation Graphics Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Only had first phone screen, nice recruiter- my friend submitted my resume internally. They asked questions on my prior projects and app development. Asked the basic strength and weakness questions and talked about the position.

Interview Questions

• What language do you code in, what are the drawbacks to that language?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I went to an event. Interviews were not difficult. People were nice.

I performed pretty well in the interview, got an offer, however the salary they offered was lower then what I expected. I had to decline the offer. I am pretty upset on the fact that they didn't look into this information prior to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Programming questions on C. They were pretty easy based on strings, linked list etc. Question on achievements, projects worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

applied online,phone screen,1:1,Highly technical screen for development position.Mostly programming questions.iam listing few here.Remaining were all c programs and c++ programs with situational questions.They offered,but i had validation engineer opportunity that i liked and accepted .

Interview Questions

• Memory Leak?How do you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Inline Function?difference between inline function and Macros?   Answer Question
    • Linked list,how do u retrieve 5th element from end of the list?how do u write testcase for this ?   2 Answers
    • what is Smart Pointer?what is the function?   Answer Question
    • Inheritance,Polymorphism?,copy constructor?Scope resolution,derived class vs base class?access specifiers,queues,datastructures,programs,write a function?   Answer Question

Validation is my line of experience and interest.The job position is specific to Driver development,video codec etc.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy. They were mainly looking for soft skills like communication skills and H R questions like why do you want this job and stuff. Nothing much technical. The interviewer was very friendly.
    There were few basic questions around operating systems and processor architecture concepts.

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied Online for the position also was referred by a friend for the position.The process took two to three weeks.Both rounds were telephonic.
    In the first round was asked about my resume, couple of projects that I had listed on my resume and some basic question like pointers, diff between pass by value and pass by reference, and some os related questions like semaphores, scheduling algorithms.

Interview Questions

• The second round was a week after the first one and was questioned on C/C++ basics like static, extern keyword, inheritance, polymorphism virtual functions. Also was asked some logical questions like reversing a string(how would you do it and tell some test cases for it).Identifying the the no of bits set in a char.Also some questions on virtual memory, paging segmentation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process was short and straighforward. covered questions in my resume. Data structures and algorithms. There were question regarding rendering pipeline and DIRECTX 11. The questions were not that hard. overall was a positive experience. There was a phone screening followed by 1:1 with 4 separate engineers.

Interview Questions

• Renderign Pipeline
      C++ Linked list questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I got a call from HR and they scheduled a interview(technical). Then they called me onsite. I just got the confirmation on the same day.

Interview Questions

due to personal reasons but i still regret about my decision.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

phone interview consisted of questions on comp arch, binary logic, basic oops concepts
    one-one consisted of comp arch, system design, behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for two open reqs and waited for a month to be contacted by HR. I went through a 4 interviews for both positions. The questions were not too complicated: general C++, high level SoC architecture, behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview where I was aksed to describe the graphics pipeline and was asked about mip maps followed by an onsite interview where at least three people asked me about the graphics pipeline followed by a simple linked list question.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe the graphics pipeline (was asked this atleast 3 times)
      2. What are mip maps