Intel Corporation Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview technical questions were asked about skills listed on my resume as well as projects I did on my resume. Fairly typical, the technical questions weren''t too bad just make sure you know your resume and projects well & make sure they line up the job describition.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2015.

Interview

Referral by a friend and I got the email from a engineer directly to ask for the time slot, and got the phone interview a couple of days later, then emailed me the bad news

Interview Questions

• The first one is a FSM for a vendor machine and the second one is about CPU pipeline, third one is the how cap and res will be for a long wire then we talked about the job and the company, the gay was nice and tried to help me with the problem I had difficulty, but I still miss one possible situation for the FSM and missed one step for the CPU pipeline. After about half a month I was told no further round, so sad.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

The process took multiple days of phone screen. The first day was a small chat that talked about logic design and programming. It asked about how to design a logic gate and also some of the terminologies in programming. 2nd day asked about computer architecture and what certain are and what they do.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2015.

Interview

Talk to an engineer at school career fair, discussed my project and technical expereinces and he said he will review resumes got an email the same day for oncampus interview.

Interview Questions

• design an FSM to detect the sequence of '110' and draw state diagram, how many flip-flops to implement the FSM, miller vs moore machine   Answer Question
    • Draw a static cmos NOR gates, size it with reference to the 2:1nverter.
      Name the source of parasitic capacitance
      Identify types of power comsumption during transition
      Affects on device performance with an increased threshold voltage   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2015.

Interview

Nice, friendly interview. Started immediately asking technical questions. Ended with a few questions about my profile. Interviewer tried to help me guide towards the answers. Asked general questions about undergrad and PhD programs at my university.

Interview Questions

• Why are high-k dielectrics used, what is Vdd scaling, run time for binary search tree insertion.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2015.

Interview

Sent resume through referral. I had a phone interview. He asked basic questions from all the courses and projects mentioned in my resume. He also asked about the various tools used.

Interview Questions

• What is pipelining/Meaning of CPI/Caching/Branch prediction/Verilog questions/SoC basics/Embedded Systems fundamentals   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Intern position for summer 2016. I received a phone screen call about two weeks after university career fair. Didn't ask a lot technical questions, but some basic verilog and c++ questions.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

There were several technical interviews covering various aspects of computer architecture, micro architecture, RTL, physical implementation. There were also interviews on compilers, systems, software, algorithms and programming. All interviews were professional throughout the process and allowed me to ask them questions too. They also evaluated abilities to work in a diverse team and the ability to work with remote teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe how register renaming is done and what the various options are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview. Mainly about my resume. on site interview with 5 different managers plus behavioural interview. Asked about verilog, synthesis, layout, computer architecture. Delay and power consumption. Different methodology for layout. Timing analysis. RC delay, charge sharing. questions about SRAM. Different components of sram. Verilog to layout using synopsis or cadence.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was referred by an employee. Got a call in a week.
    Only had a phone screen. It was an hour interview.
    Asked very basic VLSI, synthesis, scripting questions.
    UNIX/Linux, git questions included as well.