Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,087 Interview Reviews

3.1

1,087 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Wastewater Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a long phone interview regarding mass transfer processes and unit operations. It was a lot of resume based but also some course related questions relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about pumps?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a hiring manager, then he called me one day to proceed phone interview right after he asked me available for talking or not. Phone interview went through my resume around 30 min. Then I went to on-site interview after couple weeks. The interview was scheduled a 45min talk for my research, and meeting with different engineers. Each session takes around 45 min. The first engineer introduced the job description in details and kept asking me "are you ok with 24/7 on-call job". I said absolutely every time but I dont know why he kept asking me. The hiring manager didnt join the seminar, then he asked about my research in his session. He didnt spend too much time on research, and he asked me questions. He asked something from the textbook which I know where to find but I dont memorize. He asked how this thing related to my research. I told him my research is not involved this so I dont have an answer right now but it will be interesting if studying the relation. Then he asked me to think right now. I was stuck because I only remember the concept but not the details. Otherwise I was asked behavior questions as usual.

Interview Questions

• How to apply dimensionless group when you learn from Chemical Engineering to your research?   Answer Question

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Had two rounds of phone screening with a team member followed by manager. Was invited to onsite interview in San Jose. Questions were pretty basic and mostly directed towards resume.
    Overall Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Digital Logic, Computer Architecture, SystemVerilog, UVM, basic PERl   Answer Question

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Only had first phone screen, nice recruiter- my friend submitted my resume internally. They asked questions on my prior projects and app development. Asked the basic strength and weakness questions and talked about the position.

Interview Questions

• What language do you code in, what are the drawbacks to that language?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, eventually got emailed by a hiring manager to schedule a phone screen. The phone interview was pretty tough, nearly an hour of fairly intense and detailed (mostly) technical questions. Was invited to interview on-site at the end of the call.

Interviewed on-site in Oregon a couple weeks later. The interview was four one-hour sessions with a two-hour lunch break with company employees. One session was a presentation on my thesis research, the others were Q&A with 1-2 employees each (last one was with the hiring manager). Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and asked a mix of technical and behavioral questions, most of which are covered in other reviews on this site. Lot of emphasis on conflict resolution and troubleshooting/repairing equipment. Be prepared to ask them questions, especially during the lunch. I thought I did well and would've been happy to work there, but was informed the next business day that I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with your boss.   2 Answers

PTD Waste Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in January, 2017. I received an email from the hiring manager in July asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was based on my resume. A week later, I got an email inviting me to the Hillsboro, OR location for an on-site interview. On-site interview lasted a day long, starting with my thesis presentation in the morning followed by 3 interviews, where I was interviewed by teams of 2. Questions were mix of technical and behavioral. This was followed by a talk with the hiring manager who asked few behavioral type questions. At the end of the day, we were informed that a decision would be made within 2-4 weeks. 2.5 weeks later, I got an email saying that the hiring process was complete and I had not been selected.

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Intel came to my school and gave a talk outlining what they do and gave us a chance to drop our resumes off. That night, I got a call for a follow up interview this next morning on campus. It was about 30 min, with me explaining my thesis work, and the manager discussing the responsibilities of the job. Afterwards, the manager told he he/she would like to invite me out to OR to do an on-site interview. Hiring manager called 2 days later to confirm.

About 3 weeks after that, I was flown out to Portland, OR for my interview. It started at 915 am. I talked with theanager who interviewed me at my school and he/she gave me the rundown of the day. After that I gave my 1 hr thesis presentation in front of 2 junior engineers. The rest of the day consisted of 1 hr interviews with various managers of the group I was applying for. They were very similar to my on campus interview. The day ended with a meeting with the original manager, who asked me the typical interview questions that one would expect. They told me they would let me know within 3 weeks. About 1.5 weeks after that, I got the rejection email. They said that I was welcome to apply again to a different group and that my resume is still in the system in case something pops up that would suit my talents. Overall, everybody was very nice and it was a very good experience.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone screening interview with onsite after that, talked with 8 persons 1 hr for each
    1 hr presentation. lots of behavior question. talk about your research and how much you know about the skill required.

FPGA Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email indicating interest in me. Manager wanted to discuss skills & experience in a telephonic conversation. After a couple of back & forth emails, we worked out a date & time. I did not ask , and neither did he tell me if I should expect a technical interview. I presumed technical questions will be asked & prepared.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions regarding my work ex & projects - TOLD

Manager wanted someone who had worked on PCIe software stack & did not consider me for next round as I had not worked on PCIe. I was a bit disappointed , but I was okay as I could answer all his other questions properly.   1 Answer

SSD FW Test Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Longmont, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the interview process spanned over 4 weeks. It included a phone round and onsite interview.

1. Phone Round - Behavioural questions on resume and past work experience.
    2. Onsite Interview - 6 rounds 1 to 1 interview process. Asked lot of behavioural questions and on the resume. Whiteboard questions on Computer Architecture, Programming Questions, Debugging process.