Intel Corporation Component Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.2

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email to schedule 30 min phone interview. Phone interview was taken by a team member. The interview went well from my perspective. Answered almost all questions. But did not receive the result of the interview even after 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Short channel effects, nm CMOS technology limitations, how to retain threshold voltage of MOSFET with decreasing channel length, charge on plates of a capacitor when connected to a voltage source, modeling practical capacitor with ideal elements   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through a contact, unexpectedly got the interview as my profile was Analog/Mixed Signal Design and the position is a characterization position. The phone interview lasted 45mins to 1hour. On the phone interview most questions where on my Masters Research topic. On site consisted of 6 rounds. 4 back to back till lunch and then other 2, each round consisted of 45mins with a different person in each round. Questions were fairly in depth and one or two rounds were basically on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Everything related to MOS Physics, OP Amp basics, Voltage Reference Design, Layouts, integrated passive elements. One round was on RF LNA and Transceiver Design only because it was on my resume.   1 Answer
    • study all small dimension effects, leakage currents, layouts, variability questions, Miller effect,etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was terrible, as I had no other offers I was not in a position to negotiate. Although I tried for an increase I did not get any. Initially it seemed I got low balled into accepting,but later on I realized the offer was fair.Make sure that the offer that they are giving is reasonable, in my case it was reasonable so I wasn't in any position to ask for more and not look greedy

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins followed by e-mail notification. 50% for my own research and 30% for introduction of the position. 20% for questions. It's research type position and a lot of questions regarding the semiconductor industry and your research applied to the development.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

technical interviews from 9 - 5. Met with 3 engineers and 3 managements. people were nice and questions were very straight forward and dealt with fundamentals of digital design. Overall a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Through a hiring event in September 2016. Mass recruiting event, fun event. Go market yourself and get interviews scheduled for the next day. Have to scavenge a little for opportunites but if you get them you're lucky.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX).

Interview

Recent College Grad position. Started with a phone screen with a few technical problem solving questions. Then came the whole day interview. Approx 8 interviewers asking techincal questions taking about 30-45min each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

a friend referred me. Got a phone interview after 4 days. After the phone interview they asked me to come for on-site. It was for three hours. Was not very difficult. Overall was a pleasant experience. Mainly asked questions from static timing analysis and gave some problems to solve. asked about my projects that i did in my masters.

Interview Questions

• difference between setup and hold time   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. One phone screen interview and Onsite (Intel Hudson Campus) - 6:1 one-on-one. 9 am to 3 pm. The interviewers will be spending some time describing environmental context, and will look to evaluate your problem-solving capability when introduced to new concepts. They are very friendly and will help you get the answer out of you.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: difference between FF and latch, charge sharing dynamic logic circuits, Which is faster pmos or nmos and why, driver in one end and receiver at the other end separated by transmission wire how would you design? ( ie pi model ), how would you design AND gate using NOR, MOSFET characteristics ( Saturation, cut off)

Onsite -
      9am-10am : Manufacturing Test Environment
      10-11am: ATPG-based test content & debug
      11am-noon: Functional Content Development & Validation

1:15-2:30pm: Silicon debug & triage
      2:30-3pm: Technical Q&A   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call and after a week time, I was called for onsite interview. It was a day long interview. It went well, but I got a reject. They did not respond to any

Interview Questions

• Mostly the basics of VLSI, Logic design, Circuit Design   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screening/interview, 30 minutes, assuming there were supposed to be 10 questions answered. Only got half way before time was up. Was expecting hard questions about analog and digital design but got asked about simple digital logic