Intel Corporation Entry Level Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Entry Level Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry-Level Software Tools Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2016.

Interview

A brief HR interview over the phone, followed by a lengthier (~1hr) technical interview on the phone. I was then asked to come into the office and meet with 5 engineers and the manager.

Interview Questions

• Given a piece of code, find the bug.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview: asked easy questions. Most are on glassdoor.
    On site Interview:
    Very nice arrangements for travel and hotel.
    Interview process was very good.
    Kind and relaxed interviewers.
    Asked everything about operating systems.
    Everything from hardware to software.
    Study Operating systems from Modern Operating Systems by Tenenbaum.
    Computer System architecture. Virtual memory, addressing.
    Questions:

1. Implement functions (in C) for insertion, removal of nodes from circular queue using arrays.
    2. Implement array reversal without iteration.
    3. Remove any node from Linked List. Remove the node which is the easiest to remove. Write code in C.
    4. What is the address in C code when we write &a. a is a variable. is it virtual address or physical address.
    5. Questions on projects on resume.

Great interviewers, remain calm.

Interview Questions

• Array reverse without using iteration. Code in C.   3 Answers

Entry Level Software Engineer In Intel's GPU Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I had applied in Intel several times since December 2010 and finally got an email requesting a phone interview on 13 June 2011 :)
    The interviewer(I'll call him X) called right on time. He began by describing his position and job profile at Intel, Intel's Folsom office. Then he gave a description of the job and the requirements, qualifications etc. He then asked about my availability date, and if I was ready to relocate. All this took close to 15 minutes. Now the actual interview questions.....lots of questions were asked and most of them were quite simple
    1.How do you make sure a prog runs on both windpows and linux
    Ans- Couldnt answer this one, I was thinking in a totally different direction....Use ifdef for win32 in the preprocessor directives

2. Asked if I knew about difference between release builds and debug builds.
    I hadnt and he explained it to me

3. If you cant use breakpoints how do you debug a piece of code?
    My answer: Print statements( he agreed to my reply...i was surprised :) )

4.C++ concepts like virtual function, pure virtual function, operator overloading, inline function

5. Describe how to swap 2 numbers?
    My answer: use temp variable or XOR

6. count number of nodes in singley LL?
    My answer: just count till next points to NULL.

7. What data structure would you use to store a directory?
    I said a Binary tree or BST, He suggested a Hash Map. He had mentioned there would be randon insert and deletes which i kind of overlooked while thinking of the question. I said BST since I thought directory data would be sorted.

8.count number of set bits in a given integer?
    My answer: & with 1 then divide by 2 or right shift

9.How do you handle seg faults?
    My answer- I said I use gdb or Valgrind. He said Valgrind is many times used for memory leaks. He then asked if I knew what memory leaks are and I told him, basically we assign some memory using NEW and never DELETE it, even after the program is over.

I think there were few other questions but I cant seem to recall all of it!

Interview Questions

• Data structure to use to represent a Directory   1 Answer
    • how to ensure that program works across various compilers without any errors   1 Answer