Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.5

103 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I looked up the alumni database for our school and reached out to someone who was able to route my resume to the right department. I was lucky enough to get a phone interview. This was a bit of a surprise because it was a lot more technical than other interviews I had done coming right out of grad school. But clearly I passed and they brought me on site for an all day on site interview and was given an offer fairly quickly after that.

Interview Questions

• A few generic behavior questions plus a healthy amount of technical finance questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process had 2 rounds. The first round was a phone screening process. In that first round, the questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. For the technical questions, the interviewer really wants to see your thought process when solving problems. The second round was in-person and the questions were similar to the first round. What makes the second round unique is your ability to see the campus, meet the amazing people and see your potential future home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change a status quo or company policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Tempe, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my MBA program's on campus recruiting. The process was relatively simple. I had two 45 minute interviews back-to-back.
    The interviews were a mix of behavioral and scenario questions. There was about 15 minutes for questions at the end, this was a great time to showcase the research I had done, and the interest I had in working for the company.

Interview Questions

• You have a supplier that provides a key component to one of your products, they are planning to increase prices by 20%, what do you do?

How would you forecast expenses using financial and statistical models?

You are working with the marketing team and they are planning to spend nearly their entire budget on a media campaign. You don't agree with this decision, but you are not a decision maker, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austell, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

NBMBAA conference: posted resume on conference site and was contacted by Intel for prescreen. Was selected for phone interview. Eventually got a an in person interview(2 back to back) at conference. Once in interview both seemed disengaged maybe cause it was after lunch. Advice: pick early interview slot. Took forever to find out I did not get an offer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

A one round, cut to the point, two-managers led interview. Tested candidates based on their fundamental finance knowledge as well as other past experience related questions. The pre-interview dinner was great because it was in a small-group setting, and I had the chance to talk to everyone and ask about their experience. This set me up well for next day's interview!

Interview Questions

• Based on your past experience interning with other semiconductor companies, how does Intel compare to them?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy. Advisor sent out an email on the list-serve, I applied, got called 3 months later for an interview. A manager from another state flew in. Surprisingly easy interview, only three finance questions. I have no formal finance training or education but I was clear about this. Made a personal connection with one interviewer. Got a call a month later and about two weeks of filling out more stuff I was hired with a signing bonus of 1 month's salary. Wear a suit, they'll give you a bonus that more than pays for it.

Interview Questions

• What market structure does intel operate in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, although certainly tried. They basically said they offered me as much as they could. Talked with someone from Costa Rica who spoke good english.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I first was contacted for a technical finance screening interview. It was a 30 minute interview. Everyone at Intel was really nice and seemed interested in helping me. They would keep asking follow-up questions until I got to the answer they were looking for. After the initial phone interview, they invited me to come and have a meet and greet dinner. The next day I had to 30 minute one on one interviews on site. The questions were both behavioral and financial in nature.

Interview Questions

• Which of the financial statements is most important?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

the interview was two 45 minute sessions back to back. half of the questions that were asked were technical finance questions (CAPM model, etc.). The other half was behavioral questions. They also wanted to make sure you did your research, so they asked questions about their products also.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Pre-screening phone interview, two 30 minute back to back interview with financial analysts, final round interview.
    I thought the pre-screening interview would only be behavioral questions... I was wrong. There was about half behavioral and half technical questions in the pre-screening interview. The back to back interviews were not bad because they basically asked the similar type of questions. I was not very prepared for the back to back interview, that's probably why I didn't make it into the final round.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through all the financial statements   Answer Question
    • What happens to the financial statements after the company buys more long term assets?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to go into finance?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2015.

Interview

It was behavioral/technical with everything related to situations on the job testing your knowledge of finance. It helps to go through all the questions already posted on Glassdoor. The interview is usually a combination of all these questions. There were two 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• If Intel had to increase their capital, would they go for debt or equity?   1 Answer