Intel Corporation Hardware Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.1

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone Interview which lasted for approx 1 hour. Basic questions from Comp Arch and Digital Logic, VLSI and some basic programming question from C++. Was asked a few logic questions as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

referred by an employee, took 1 day to get an phone interview and on the same day they told me to have an onsite interview. onsite interview had 5 parts, computer arch, verification software and logic design and one behavioral, each round took 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• cache coherency, verification basics, hash, common logic design questions   Answer Question

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got an email first asking about my availability for the interview. I got a phone call as per the schedule. It lasted for 45 minutes. This interview was for Graphics Validation Team in Folsom. I was expecting resume related questions as it was the first round but i was wrong.I sent an email to the interviewer few days after the interview. He replied saying i wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• The questions are as follows :
      Difference between validation and verification ?
      What is Race condition?
      Difference between Latch and flipflop?
      How to design ROM?
      What is a State machine?
      Cycle driven and event driven simulation differences and which one is better
      Functional and code coverage differences
      Blocking and non-blocking assignments in Verilog
      How to define variables in Verilog?
      $display and $monitor differences
      Setup and hold time
      Hold time violation
      Mesi protocol
      Page table
      DRAM and SRAM differences and how to design them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted 45mins.
    Only technical questions were asked. He mentioned the work his team does.
    The overall profile of the job and what is expected from a student.
    Technical questions were not difficult and were related to basic digital design.

Interview Questions

• Asked about basic digital logic questions and questions related to coding verilog/vhdl.

question on the resume and the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview technical questions were asked about skills listed on my resume as well as projects I did on my resume. Fairly typical, the technical questions weren''t too bad just make sure you know your resume and projects well & make sure they line up the job describition.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2015.

Interview

Referral by a friend and I got the email from a engineer directly to ask for the time slot, and got the phone interview a couple of days later, then emailed me the bad news

Interview Questions

• The first one is a FSM for a vendor machine and the second one is about CPU pipeline, third one is the how cap and res will be for a long wire then we talked about the job and the company, the gay was nice and tried to help me with the problem I had difficulty, but I still miss one possible situation for the FSM and missed one step for the CPU pipeline. After about half a month I was told no further round, so sad.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

The process took multiple days of phone screen. The first day was a small chat that talked about logic design and programming. It asked about how to design a logic gate and also some of the terminologies in programming. 2nd day asked about computer architecture and what certain are and what they do.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I got a call by mailing HR. There was a 1.5 hour phone screening after which I was called on-site to Folsom. There were 4 rounds and a lunch with the team. Got the results just 2 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview - 2 projects on resume, Mealy and Moore, FSM for a given sequence, basic cache related questions, setup hold, how to fix them, SRAM DRAM, SRAM full operation, Unix commands grep, chmod, chop, chomp, ps.
      Onsite - Round 1 - Behavioral round. He was an engineer at Intel for 22 years. But he mostly asked about my resume and behavioral questions. He wanted me to ask him a lot of questions.
      Round 2 - Lunch with 8 members of the team. Just casual discussion about Folsom and my school and work at Intel.
      Round 3 - Complete Physical Design. Starting from the flow, she asked me every aspect of it. What are inputs to floorplan? Will it help if these inputs are available at Synthesis stage itself? what is clock tree synthesis? why is it done after placing? timing questions. How is power structure decided at floorplan? voltage delay dependence, inverted temperature dependence, sizing of gates, CMOS fabrication process and diagram, layout for CMOS.
      Round 4 - Timing in more detail and more difficult questions, inverter vs buffer, SRAM layout, why higher metal for Vdd Gnd? Why resistance is lower for higher metal layers? spef saif formats, verification basics, reliability verification, functional verification.
      Round 5 - Perl questions. Gave a file and asked me to extract few details using regex. Then had to use hashes to perform some operations on the extracted data. basic C++ questions and simple programs.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2015.

Interview

Talk to an engineer at school career fair, discussed my project and technical expereinces and he said he will review resumes got an email the same day for oncampus interview.

Interview Questions

• design an FSM to detect the sequence of '110' and draw state diagram, how many flip-flops to implement the FSM, miller vs moore machine   Answer Question
    • Draw a static cmos NOR gates, size it with reference to the 2:1nverter.
      Name the source of parasitic capacitance
      Identify types of power comsumption during transition
      Affects on device performance with an increased threshold voltage   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There was one screening round regarding my internship experience and the job requirements to check if there is a match.Had second round setup for technical interview for about 1 and half hour. It was kind of go through Resume, Cache, Coherence, STA and simple design questions. Heard back in a week for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Cache, Coherency, Virtual Memory, FSM for Overlapping and non-overlapping sequence detectors. Given the waveforms fora set of 3 signals, deduce the final circuit, find the bug in the system where the system specs are given with the output waveforms, System Verilog and OVM based questions as i had mentioned it on my Resume (through internship).   Answer Question