Intel Corporation Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

One full day interview. One hour seminar, 30-40mins one-on-one interviews.
    The one-on-one interviews were with group leaders and area managers. Mainly covering problem solving skills and interest in joining intel. There was one technical question regarding the job position but was able to answer without any prior knowledge, basic chemistry/physics question.
    Was told that if no offer is made the I will be notified within a week.

PTD Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

I gave a 50 min presentation to two people in the position that I was interviewing for. Then, I separately met 2 group leaders for an hour each. I also spoke separately with an area manager for half an hour. I finally met with a recruiter for some parting remarks. People were quite friendly and the day was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something in your experiment went wrong and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Senior R&D Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Was doing a collaborative project with Intel as one of my projects in my Ph.D., towards the end of the Ph.D. program I gave my resume and business card to one of the team members we where working with. I selected to talk to one of the newest members of that group (he was only a year or two out of a Ph.D. program himself). So that guy knows the struggle of transitioning from Ph.D. program to industry. 3 months later I got a phone call to schedule a technical interview. After the 30min tech phone interview a month later I was scheduled for an on sight interview. The on sight interview is as follows: 7 one on one interviews, plus a 1 hour presentation over my Ph.D. research (40 mins was me talking, 20 mins was questions randomly ask while I was presenting), and a 1 hour lunch with a one on one interview the whole time. I would say 10% of the interview's questions where HR type questions where they where trying to gauge your behavior and personality traits. 80% was technical questions all from my resume or presentation. 10% was problem solving questions where they give you a random problem and see how you would go about solving it.

Interview Questions

• So pro tip. I brought a print out of my presentation with me during my interview. I could get most of the one on one's to focus on my resume/ presentation. Bring the interview questions into an area of science/engineering that I have been working on the past 4 years. My interview experience was 80% technical questions from my resume and presentation because I did my best to shift it that way.   1 Answer

PTD Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2016.

Interview

We had an information session at my university, at the end of which anyone interested in the position handed in their resumes. Received an e-mail around 10 pm that night for an interview the next morning. The on-campus interview was scheduled for thirty minutes, however, I was only asked questions for about 10 minutes, and the rest of the time I asked questions. Still waiting to hear back about the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your story
      Why Intel?
      Tell me about a time you had a problem with a tool and how did you solve it?
      Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

1. Phone interview with a hiring manager and a senior member of the team.
    2. On-site interview was arranged starting with 1hr technical presentation followed by 30min 1:1's from team members to VP.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Time consuming and not well organized. It appeared that the company requires many guideline minimums to be met for each candidate resulting in overhead. Some interviewers were not well prepared or indifferent.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy with numerous stages and deep and widely diverse technical questions. Contacted through email and arranged for phone interview. The manager took me and his team to lunch for more discussion and technical questioning. Waiting to hear back now.

Interview Questions

• How would you debug a failure on a PCIE interface   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview for 40 mins and got invited to onsite at the end of phone call. Went onsite for 8 of 1 by 1 interview with 8 group leaders in February.
    All standard questions.
    The interview went very well. Interviewers are very nice. I have enjoyed the interview very much. However, after a week, they told me that they are unable to get export license necessity for me so no offer. It's bad luck with export license. This export license required for numbers of controlled country like China, Russia, Vietnam, Myanmar, N Korea,...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was causal process and the Team area manager seem to like me. They did ask some technical questions and I was able to answer some of them. They did not contact me after the first round probably because of sponsorship issues. But the manager told me to apply again next year

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions first, like leadership roles, team building and in the technical round about the process development technology.   Answer Question

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Questions about current job. projects handled, what exactly was the job responsibilities. and some examples to justify my answers. Questions about current job. projects handled, what exactly was the job responsibilities. and some examples to justify my answers.

Interview Questions

• past experience related questions   1 Answer