Intel Corporation Software Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

Operating Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Oregon City, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

A very smooth process. Took 30 days. 1 week of preparation before the phone screen. Then an onsite in the next 20 days.
    The onsite was one hectic 7hr interview. The questions were managable and never went out of scope.
    Behavioral part of the interview is very important. It plays a major role in the final decesion.
    All the interviewers were well experienced, but they kept the level of difficulty low.

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, start with phone screen, then onsite, then more onsite if necessary. General and specific questions were asked and skills were asked to be demonstrated.

Systems Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

I got a call from HR to setup a technical interview. Three days later I got a call from the engineering manager and it was mostly technical. He was very nice and asked me some basic questions on C and C++, linked-list basics, interrupt handling etc. Next day I got an email for setup of the onsite interview. They flew me out a week later.

Unfortunately the onsite interview was poorly planned as it was not very technical. All technical questions were very basic and largely trivia questions. I probably missed a few but that doesn't mean much any day. I had no opportunity for problem solving or any reasonable length of coding even on a whiteboard. It's their fault for not properly evaluating me or evaluating a candidate based largely on C/C++ trivia questions.

Not surprisingly I don't have an offer so far or even a rejection. I hate being kept in the dark.

Interview Questions

• Linked-list loop detection, Interrupt service routine, lots of C pointer stuff.   Answer Question