Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017
2,859 Interview Reviews

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Application and Initial Screening:
    I had applied through an employee referral and the process took one day to complete. I had been interviewed at Intel Technology India (Bengaluru) in March 2017.
    Procedure:
    There were three rounds. One written test and two Face to Face Interviews. The written test was difficult and was used to filter the candidates to the maximum extent. The face to face interviews focused on the basics of digital electronics, physical design flow and ASIC design flow. The interviewers were looking for the candidate's approach to the question rather than the answer itself.

Interview Questions

• STA concepts and problems, Implementation of all logic gates using muxes, clock gating circuits, inputs and outputs at every stage of ASIC and Physical Design flows   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2017.

Interview

A manager reached out to me over email in the middle of May (very late in the game). She invited me to interview for a small team Intel just created that develops firmware in Chromebooks. I did not apply to this role and she got my resume and info from their giant database of applicants. The role was "Firmware Automation Framework Testing Intern for Chromebooks"

I had 5 days to study but it was still not enough. My interviewer jumped straight into a synchronized text document to watch me code. She allowed me to search the internet and ask questions along the way (other interviewers are not that nice). The 3 questions covered Operating Systems, Firmware, File Systems, and Bits.

It seems Intel really wants Computer Engineers/EEs over IT/CS majors because the questions were very hardware/OS related. Do not give up on any question, even if you don't know how to solve the problem. They're testing your resourcefulness and how well you can figure out tough problems.

The manager and her team sounded very laser focused on their job. I tried asking about work culture and diversity and she gave me very bad, shrugged responses like "It's good". It seems Intel is an old company with not as much emphasis on culture and perks than other young tech companies.

I couldn't fully answer any of the questions since my expertise is more in IT/CS . I also did not try hard enough to solve the problems (even though I could use the internet). I did not show I was resourceful and that was probably why I did not get the role. The manager responded very fast after my thank-you email and told me I didn't get the job.

Undergrad Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2017.

Interview

It was very technical, definitely pushed hard on my knowledge and experience/projects and examples of how I used a certain software program that I had listed in my resume. They definitely gave me something to work on to demonstrate how well I could perform a typical job task and my presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects have you done with MATLAB? How did you evaluate EMG signals?   Answer Question

Systems Technical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Had a great phone interview and then was invited to Santa Clara for an in-person interview all expenses paid. The in-person interview had a lot of on-the-spot technical questions and engineering exam like challenges/assignments, a lot of which had nothing to do with my background and expertise.

Interview Questions

• Asked extremely specific questions about a project I did over 2 years previous   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

At the beginning, I was asked my availability for an interview but later on it was changed that I will need to take first a technical assessment in Codility.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 problems at Codility in a language of their choice.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leixlip (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Leixlip (Ireland)) in February 2017.

Interview

2 interviews: 1st was phone screening which was really good! it made me feel interested in working for them.

2nd was a face to face interview but it was in 2 parts, first part was like a normal interview with 2 people, 1 was a line manager and the other I cant remember. the second part was a 20 question quiz and a practical test with a senior manufacturing technician.

In the first part of the interview, they sat me down in a small room and told me to ignore any distractions or noises as they were going to ask me questions (Which was very hard and only got me ruffled because every 5 min there phones would vibrate which was on a filing cabinet making loud vibrating noises...I thought that was very unprofessional). The first question they asked was if I knew the manufacturing process of a silicon wafer, a simple google search a few days before (during my interview prep) gave me some information, I relayed the information to them as accurately as I could, to which they replied "not quiet". which really confused me because I was using an official intel link for my research.

After that the interviews asked me if I knew what I would be doing in this job, I replied to the best of my abilities answering what i though the job would involve (referring to the job spec which didn't really give much information about what an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER would be doing). The interviewers looked at me as if I had 2 heads and replied that the job is more mechanical and machine orientated, rather then being more focused on the electronics aspect. In my head I was thinking "why would they post a job that sounds more mechanical engineering or mechatornic related then electrical engineering related?" didn't make sense. After that they went through my CV and pointed out a few things they were curious about and things they wanted to understand more with regards to my work experience and my experience in university and college. After each answer I gave, they took notes on paper.
    They asked the usual interview question of "Give an example of a time when you had to work against odds?" and questions like "During your group projects, have you ever had to deal with someone who wasn't doing there share of the work and how did you go about fixing that problem?".

The one thing I've never experienced in an interview with my previous jobs and jobs I've applied to is explaining why I took a year out of my studies, when I tried to explain that it was due to personal circumstances, they didn't seem to think it was the truth and pressed on the question more, asking me it a few more times during my interview, each time I replied it was due to personal circumstances(healthy and family related issues), they told me it was because I had lost interest in my course (apparently they where there in my class or something? and to be honest I never struggled a single bit in my course...I have a degree in Electrical and Electronic engineering, don't think I'd have had that if I lost interest in my course) I found that to be very unprofessional and it felt unreal. I felt like I was being interrogated, like something out of law and order.

After the 1st part of the interview was over, They walked me out the room and introduced to another gentleman who would be taking a multiple choice test and the practical test.

The multiple choice quiz consisted of 20 questions which were a mixture of multiple choice and written answers, questioned varied form naming circuit components, picking the correct element from a list, explaining what logic expression is given from a circuit diagram, explaining what a vacuum pump is, what a solenoid valve is and what a solenoid valve is, you are given 15 min to do the quiz. After the quiz a practical kit was shown with various tools and a multi meter, I was instructed to use the multi meter to show which LED, I was told to remove a solenoid coil and replace it. I was asked how to clean the solenoid coil rubber sealant (compressed air). Then I was told to name as many components on the practical kit, (circuit breaker, vacuum pump, solenoid valve, solenoid coil, LED's, Fusses etc etc). The interviewer asked me a few questions about my final year projects and he seemed more laid back then the other 2 and more approachable and easy to talk to.

The interview experience as a whole was something I've never experience ever in my whole life. I will admit I've had bad interviews but nothing ever as bad as this. Frankly if they where to give me a job offer I would not hesitate to decline. They say it takes 7 seconds to make an impression, I'd safely say after the first 7 seconds I spent with the first 2 interviewers, I would never work for this company ever.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when a member of your team in group project wasn't performing well   Answer Question
    • Give an example of where you had to work as a team?   Answer Question
    • Why is there a gap in between your studies?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you had to work to a strict dead line, where you able to complete the work? and how?   Answer Question
    • During your studies, as you mentioned you where in several group projects. Give an example of a time where the group had to over come any issues, how did the group manage?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

The company moved quickly from phone interview to in person interview. I had two phone interviews before being brought in. The interview on site was intense and about 4 hours (1 hour was a tour). You are bombarded with pre-defined technical questions for which many have nothing to do with the position you are applying for. Is this a PE exam? It's not that I didn't learn this stuff in engineering school but that was a long time ago and since I haven't used it, it's not fresh, although obviously in a couple of days I could be up to speed on all that. The folks doing the interview were all very young and most with large opinions of themselves. In general I would say most folks I met there are not well balanced they live to work. For this position the engineer is totally responsible if equipment in their area breaks down, is always on call, and works many hours. I decided part way through the interview the position was not for me but went along to see what else they might ask!

Interview Questions

• Just pull out your engineering texts and pick something, many questions related to HVAC equipment and operation, for which had nothing to do with this position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2015.

Interview

I had applied for the internship job vacancy at the Intel Corporation.
    It has been few days, I had received a call from the manager asking for my availability joining his team as an intern. I had told him on my interest and agreed to join the team at the fixed day. Before it, i was told to attend an interview based on the job position i had applied.I attended the interview confidently and answer truly along the interview session. I was informed to join the team at the fixed day.

Interview Questions

• Where you will see yourself in 5 years from now ?   1 Answer

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy with numerous stages and deep and widely diverse technical questions. Contacted through email and arranged for phone interview. The manager took me and his team to lunch for more discussion and technical questioning. Waiting to hear back now.

Interview Questions

• How would you debug a failure on a PCIE interface   1 Answer

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Taipei (Taiwan)) in May 2014.

Interview

At first, there is a program test for c/c++. The C program question is very tough and detailed. After that, there are totally 5 run 1:1 interviewer. Each run will have more C program test on the white board. Ask very detail about what you write in your resume. Need to explain very details. Very tough exprience.