Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017
2,924 Interview Reviews

Analog/Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a Phone interview from the Mixed signal design team. They test your basic knowledge about transistors and their operation. Also, description of some short channel effects and MOS devices

Interview Questions

• Mostly very basic Device Physics questions. Not very complicated and some of the questions were:
      1. Describe the operation of NMOS and PMOS,
      2. What is body effect? How does it affect the gate voltage.
      3. Describe the operating regions of NMOS transistor
      4. If gate voltage is 2V and drain voltage is is 2V what is the source voltage?
      5. What factors affect threshold voltage? Explain them
      6. What is channel length modulation?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an Intel recruiter on LinkedIn and we set up a phone interview with the group engineering manager. I was told to fill out and upload various documents for Intel's system, including background check, resume etc. This took nearly an hour. When it came time for the phone interview, it was immediately obvious that the manager had not previously reviewed my resume or background information. I was asked multiple questions all of which could have been answered by a cursory review of my background. The interviewer showed very little interest in discussing the role, my career history, or the product category. 30 minutes later the phone call ended and I was left thinking "You wasted my time for this?" This was an odd one compared to most interviews and I'm assuming they already had someone lined up and just needed to check some boxes...

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview which lasted about 15 mins. We mostly talked about my current. I was invited for an onsite interview.
    For my onsite interview I was scheduled to talk with 5 persons separately. For the first round, I talked to the hiring manager. He gave me 6 logical questions. I solved 3 out of 6. I would rate the difficulty level of questions 7/10. At the end of the first interview, HR told I would not be a good fit for this position, so there is no point of talking to other interviewers. My interview ended right there after the first round.

I waited 6 hours at the airport because my flight was in the late evening.

Interview Questions

• There are 3 children sitting on three chairs. The children can only look forward and all wear one hat. The hats are either black or red. They are a total of 5 hats, 3 are colored red and 2 are colored black. The child on chair A says: "I don't know what color of the hat I have." Then the child on chair B says: "Also, I don't know the color of my hat." Then the child on chair C says: "In that case, I know the color of my hat.
      The question is: What color of hat does the child on chair C have and why?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview within a week. After the phone interview, about 30 minutes later, I had a face-to-face scheduled. Interviewed by 6 people, basically the same interview 6 times. One guy was insistent on asking about details on semiconductors, smug when you only have an overview of them. Had a job offer within a month.

Components Research Fab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview for a position I had previously no applied for. The phone interview went very well, as they asked me to formally apply for the position. A few days later, I was emailed a link to do a background check. The next Tuesday, I received an email saying they wanted to fly me out to Oregon for an on site. However, I received no further information. I emailed the person I'd been in contact with as well as the hiring manager, but got no replies. I then called Intel and eventually got someone, who told me they weren't ready to fly me out yet. Then on the day I was originally supposed to have the on site, I got an email saying the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Question about transistors. Time when you had a conflict at work, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a hiring manager, then he called me one day to proceed phone interview right after he asked me available for talking or not. Phone interview went through my resume around 30 min. Then I went to on-site interview after couple weeks. The interview was scheduled a 45min talk for my research, and meeting with different engineers. Each session takes around 45 min. The first engineer introduced the job description in details and kept asking me "are you ok with 24/7 on-call job". I said absolutely every time but I dont know why he kept asking me. The hiring manager didnt join the seminar, then he asked about my research in his session. He didnt spend too much time on research, and he asked me questions. He asked something from the textbook which I know where to find but I dont memorize. He asked how this thing related to my research. I told him my research is not involved this so I dont have an answer right now but it will be interesting if studying the relation. Then he asked me to think right now. I was stuck because I only remember the concept but not the details. Otherwise I was asked behavior questions as usual.

Interview Questions

• How to apply dimensionless group when you learn from Chemical Engineering to your research?   Answer Question

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Only had first phone screen, nice recruiter- my friend submitted my resume internally. They asked questions on my prior projects and app development. Asked the basic strength and weakness questions and talked about the position.

Interview Questions

• What language do you code in, what are the drawbacks to that language?   Answer Question

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Had two rounds of phone screening with a team member followed by manager. Was invited to onsite interview in San Jose. Questions were pretty basic and mostly directed towards resume.
    Overall Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Digital Logic, Computer Architecture, SystemVerilog, UVM, basic PERl   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2017.

Interview

I completed the first interview process, which was a phone interview and so far I have done really well. Second interview is scheduled for Friday at noon. I'm excited for this opportunity!

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter/HR from Intel thru e-mail saying that they saw my resumè and it matches on what they are looking for. At the first few days, I didn't reply to the email and then decided to give it a shot. We talked about scheduling for a phone interview with her. I had two phone interviews and one thru webex/face interview.

First interview: HR/recruiter - she asked me about my preference, which state do I want to work, which schedule do I prefer (night or day) etc. Basically we talked about everything on the HR Pre-screening file that they sent me. And then she gave me pointers on what to expect on the next interview. She gave me tips and what to study and then scheduled my next interview.

2nd Interview with the Manager: It was a phone interview and he asked me about behavioral, situations from my past experience and some math problems.

3rd interview, same manager but thru Webex: First it was behavioral again and then technical questions. More on math word problems.

Interview Questions

• What are the electronic components that have polarities? How to check a transistor? Give me applications of Relay and transistor.   Answer Question