Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.5

103 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good . I thought it would be tuff but turned out to be very informative and good. They asked me behavioural questions like my strength not weakness. Inside interview was quite tuff to handle. I felt it to be tuff

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on my campus career center website. They emailed me a couple days later to schedule a phone pre screening interview. I then proceeded to do 2 30 minute interviews on campus. The two interviewers were really nice and welcoming. You could tell that they enjoyed their job at the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to pitch an idea to a supervisor and what were the results.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see Intel in next 10 years?   Answer Question

Finance Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through college job portal. Two hour interview on campus with two people. Friendly, casual interview. Need to thoroughly prepare when interviewing with Intel. Better to know people who already work there so they can help you answer the questions well.

Some of the questions were basic behavioral. Others were project based and revolved around specific financial topics. I wasn't expecting those types of questions so I wasn't confident in my answers.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions regarding operational finance.   1 Answer

Finance Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bloomington, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Two Skype interviews through on-campus recruiting. More technical than most of the other corporate finance interviews I went through. Lots of questions on competitors and what exactly the company does. Know about Moore's Law. Know basic finance concepts like how to do NPV analysis , financial statements, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you decide which projects to invest in?
      Lost of basic technical questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Campus Interview, networking event, 4-5 interviewees from different groups in finance.
    Large number of candidates were called/flied in and also had an "orientation". Most questions wer on behavioral skills, I do not remember being asked any technical questions which was surprising for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do we know you will take this job this time? In the past, this job had been offered but I did not take it.
      2. Strengths/weaknesses etc
      3. Have you influenced a team in a difficult situation and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a week later I was called for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was casual and felt more like behavioral questions.
    After I went in for 2 onsite interviews. Come dressed professional and be on time if not early.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to be in finance. Why do you want to work for us? Tell a time when you failed and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through university website. Got contact within two weeks about an interview that took place about a week later. Two back to back interviews by two different people. There were also two people interviewing at a time. Mostly behavioral questions, two technical questions. Overall the process was pretty easy. Heard back in about three weeks after the first and only interview. After that I received about three weeks to respond.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you faced with a challenge that you overcame?
      Theres two project, how do you decide which one to undetake   1 Answer

Portland Oregan

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a straightforward interview process. Standard Behavior questions, couple of technical questions were asked. It is important to research about Intel and its products and the group you are specifically applying to. Intel gives a lot of importance to ethics and compliance. A small section of interview questions might revolve around this. It is also important to be aware of 6 core values of Intel and prepare your responses to exhibit these values.

Interview Questions

• Why are interested in this position? And in Intel?   Answer Question
    • What is your approach to learning and development   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Campus Recruiting: Two 45-minute interviews back-to-back, 7 questions in each interview for 14 total questions. Some of the questions are repetitive, but they want to see if you improve your answer the second time. I talked to two employees that work in finance, not recruiters. They called me the next day to let me know I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to influence your superiors.
      Tell me about a time you had a difficult group member.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Interview/Hiring process was very quick. Only one round of interviews held on campus. The interview consisted of two 45-60 minute interviews. I interviewed on a Friday morning and they called with the decision on that same Friday night. About half of the questions are behavioral questions and the other half are technical.
    Behavioral Questions:
    Tell me about a time when you were working with a group and one of your group members was not pulling his or her weight. What did you do and what was the result.
    Technical Question:
    You purchase additional capital, how does this effect your Income Statement. (hint, think of depreciation)

Interview Questions

• Your manager tells you that you need to purchase additional capital however you do not have enough capital budget, how do you go about purchasing capital and recording it as an expense. What is the effect on your financial statements.   Answer Question