Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to an Intel info section at school and had and 1 on 1 campus interview. Then, the manager emailed me and we did a phone interview two months later. I was invited for an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you disagree with your manager, and how do you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • A deadline is due and you know you will miss it, how do you negotiate for an extension or what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience when you changed someone's behavior.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Show me your seminar slides and describe your project in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Job duty is dull, and locks in for ten years to be an expert in one thing. Also concern of layoff and unable to deliver for the high expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After you submit your application, you will receive a phone call. The purpose of the phone call is to gauge your background and ask your light technical questions regarding your background and interests. If you pass your phone screening you be invited on-site. I was being interviewed for two positions so I had a total of 11 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why does the window fog up in the bathroom when I take a hot shower and what can i apply to the mirror to prevent it from happening?
      2. How do I prevent the substrate from bowing because it is causing misaligned issues with another process?
      3. How do I measure the melting of solder between two copper plates if I can not see it? Design an experiment and draw a graph of the behavior you should see.
      Answer Question

I decided to accept another offer instead, it was a better "fit" for me.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a 30min phone interview followed by an on-site interview in Phoenix, AZ. The on-site interview consisted of a company and benefits overview followed by two interview sessions with team leaders and process engineers. Lunch was served before the two interview sessions began. Finally, I had to give a presentation of my research in front of several managers, team leaders, process engineers and technicians. The day ended with a happy hour/dinner with some of the managers and engineers.

Interview Questions

• Statistical questions, i.e., mean, standard deviation, normal distribution, etc. Also, questions about my research and instruments I have experience handling, e.g., physical vapor deposition, CVD, sputtering, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had the phone interview few weeks after applied the position though the online. The interview went for around 30 minutes. Lots of questions were based on my resume. The interview was positive.

PTD Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

I gave a 50 min presentation to two people in the position that I was interviewing for. Then, I separately met 2 group leaders for an hour each. I also spoke separately with an area manager for half an hour. I finally met with a recruiter for some parting remarks. People were quite friendly and the day was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something in your experiment went wrong and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Process Technical Director Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen and then an on-site interview. It starts with a presentation to a panel, and several one-to-one interviews. The interview lasts the whole day. I enjoyed talking with all the friendly and talented engineers there.

Interview Questions

• Semiconductor physics questions. You need to prepare them very well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview: 30 minutes, questions about PhD research.

Onsite interview: Onsite interview was scheduled one month after the phone interview. Asked to report at 9:15 am. First, hiring manager who did the phone screening described the duties and responsibilities of a process engineer and briefly talked about Intel. Then, one hour long one-on-one interview with a group leader. He asked questions mostly about PhD research (similar to phone interview but more detailed). Next, one hour presentation on PhD research in front of two junior engineers. They asked only basic questions since their research background were different than mine and they took me to lunch afterwards. After lunch, another one hour long one-on-one interviews with a different group leader, questions asked were very similar to the first one. Interview with an area manager was scheduled but was canceled for unknown reason.

Offer: One week after the onsite, received an email from fadv regarding information for background check and official offer letter came 25 days after onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about your research.
      Most difficult project, where and why did you struggle, how did you overcome?

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got telephone interview and at the end of call, interviewer asked me to wait for next week and I got rejection after one week. They could not consider my application for further review.

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

1 hrs presentation. Then interview by senior manager and team leader
    8 out of 12 person from andhra pradesh (telugu) , indian state. I think they were very racist to ward the other indian state person and the white american. Really do not like the environment of that team. Intel should not allow this kind of bias nature.

PTD Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2016.

Interview

We had an information session at my university, at the end of which anyone interested in the position handed in their resumes. Received an e-mail around 10 pm that night for an interview the next morning. The on-campus interview was scheduled for thirty minutes, however, I was only asked questions for about 10 minutes, and the rest of the time I asked questions. Still waiting to hear back about the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your story
      Why Intel?
      Tell me about a time you had a problem with a tool and how did you solve it?