Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017
2,864 Interview Reviews

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

One 15 minute phone interview. Typical personality questions, why do you want to work here, etc.
    Phone interview was good prep for the group interview. Very similar questions with the addition of some technical ones.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

One short phone interview from someone actually on the team rather than an HR recruiter. Took about 30 mins. Spent a lot of the time explaining what goes on at Intel and the different departments within the departments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in either work or school where you worked with people from different teams.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was on site. Coding questions in any language. Basic codes like searching through lists and calculators. White board questions and also started off with a written test. Interviewers were helpful and supportive. Overall 8 hours at Intel office. Also included lunch interview which was very informal. They flew me in and gave accommodation because I was coming out of state.

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter in March 2017. The next day I received an email asking for a phone interview. The phone call lasted ~15 minutes. Half of it involved the Intel engineer telling me about the company. I was asked only one interview question: to describe one piece of equipment I have worked with. I went into as much detail as I could and was actually cut off by the interviewer for giving him more information than he needed.

At the end of the call I was told that I would hear back after 2-3 weeks. However, the next day I received an email inviting me to an in person interview at the Hillsboro, OR site. The interview was scheduled for 2 months later in May 2017.

The in person interview lasted all day (7:30 am to 5:30 pm) and included a fab window tour, 45 minute seminar of my PhD research, lunch, and 11 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with various engineers, group leaders, and an area manager. The one-on-one interviews were more so casual conversations, but some common questions to me included explaining my research (slide printouts from my seminar greatly helped!!), why do I want to leave my current field, why do I want to work at Intel, how do I troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment, how do I deal with conflicts, how do I deal with stress/pressure. At the end of the day, I was told I would hear back in 2-4 weeks with the results. After 4 weeks, I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to leave my current research field to work at Intel?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had one on campus interview with two people from Intel Corporate Accounting. Two people came to campus and asked me behavioral quesions about how i reacted when put into several different types of situations, and what i learned.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions, tell us about a time when you dealt with someone difficult.... stuff like that   Answer Question

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

One hour presentation, followed by 4 round of half an hour interviews with lunch squeezed inbetween the 1st and 2nd one. There were technical questions on the presentation but nothing too difficult. Most people seemed easy to talk to and were frank about the expectations of the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of instrumentation I had experience with   1 Answer

Process Technology Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite straight forward. Intel does a really good job when it comes to interviewing. There was a presentation for 1 hour which was mainly on the research. In this presentation, they try to see the analytical skills and also what kind of approach a person takes in research. Some of the questions were quite intense and the panel asked so many questions that I was unable to finish my entire presentation. Even though the questions might make you furious, keep it calm. After this, there was one on one interviews related to technical stuff and behavioral stuff followed by a tour of the facility and the lunch. After this, there will be a managerial round which is like a mix of all these roles. If you know your research well enough you should be fine.

All the best!!

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2017.

Interview

A manager reached out to me over email in the middle of May (very late in the game). She invited me to interview for a small team Intel just created that develops firmware in Chromebooks. I did not apply to this role and she got my resume and info from their giant database of applicants. The role was "Firmware Automation Framework Testing Intern for Chromebooks"

I had 5 days to study but it was still not enough. My interviewer jumped straight into a synchronized text document to watch me code. She allowed me to search the internet and ask questions along the way (other interviewers are not that nice). The 3 questions covered Operating Systems, Firmware, File Systems, and Bits.

It seems Intel really wants Computer Engineers/EEs over IT/CS majors because the questions were very hardware/OS related. Do not give up on any question, even if you don't know how to solve the problem. They're testing your resourcefulness and how well you can figure out tough problems.

The manager and her team sounded very laser focused on their job. I tried asking about work culture and diversity and she gave me very bad, shrugged responses like "It's good". It seems Intel is an old company with not as much emphasis on culture and perks than other young tech companies.

I couldn't fully answer any of the questions since my expertise is more in IT/CS . I also did not try hard enough to solve the problems (even though I could use the internet). I did not show I was resourceful and that was probably why I did not get the role. The manager responded very fast after my thank-you email and told me I didn't get the job.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2017.

Interview

Very professionally conducted the interview process. The phone screening involved a lot of basic questions being asked. The interviewer didn't get back to me about the decision. When contacted them asking about the outcome, I was told the hiring process had stopped.

Process TD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2017.

Interview

All behavioral questions, the interviewer was clearly just picking them out of a hand book with no regard for previous answers given. In addition the interviewer made the comment that the turnover rate is extremely high, giving the interview a very negative tone.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with your team, but went along with the decision anyway.   Answer Question