Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

3.2

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Component Design Engineer - 3 rounds of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

Only one round of Phone Interview followed by background check
    Started with general info..about the available date and how long you will be available.
    1.SRAM
    2. Projects in the Resume
    3. Question on MOSFET current equations
    4. Setup and Hold time of a Flip Flop and Latch.
    5. Improving the timing of the combination path between two flops.
    6 Time borrowing

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are expected and easy and are related the job role.   1 Answer

Interview

Thorough technical knowledge required. Start prep alteast 2 weeks before.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen with a team member, all technical questions related to timing, state machines, asic design flow, eda tool flow and knowledge and scripting. It was followed by another phone screen with the manager, some basic questions and rest behavioral. Called for onsite next week. Interviewed with 4 people for a total of 5 hrs. first interview on Static timing analysis, second was on basics of circuit design and backend validation. Third on complete asic design flow with tool flow based questions on timing and improving power/sizing and ttm. Fourth was all about scripting.

Interview Questions

• Setup and hold time explanation on the board with timing diagrams and transistor level diagram of a register.   Answer Question
    • Basic concepts of perl and Global expressions for a list of strings.   Answer Question
    • Script to parse through a timing result file detailing the timing for some specified paths.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview

The interview took 4 hours, they asked technical questions and also why you want to join this company and what do you know about testing, also the famous traffic light question.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Interview

All day interview sessions composed of questions about basic semiconductor physics, analog circuits, RF IC, and so on.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The team really was in need of a design engineer ASAP. My resume was good fit for the kind of work they were expecting so the interview was very straight forward.
    The interview had few technical questions but that was to verify that I know what have on my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I had asked for... No Negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Dropped off resume at the career fair. Had an on-campus interview the next day, followed by a 6-hour onsite interview with 4 people. All the interviews were technical in nature. They offered me a position 3 months later.

Interview Questions

• None. Everything asked was based on resume details, coursework and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. This was during the recession and the salary was on the higher end of my other offers. In hindsight, I could have negotiated for a bit more, but I won't ever know!

Component Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got the replied in a few weeks. They only provided 6 to 9 months internship which made me to push my graduation day late. During the phone interview he asked over 20 questions includes computer architecture(very basic ones), verilog, programming. The guy who interviewed me was really bad at asking questions. He asked questions without pointing out which level I should went through. Things like "what's the different between SRAM and DRAM". I didn't know if he wanted from transistor level or computer architecture level or cost level. He even got the blocking and non blocking question wrong himself and blamed me got the "wrong answer"......Overall, easy questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between blocking and non blocking assignments in verilog?   Answer Question