Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.2

Interview

Thorough technical knowledge required. Start prep alteast 2 weeks before.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen with a team member, all technical questions related to timing, state machines, asic design flow, eda tool flow and knowledge and scripting. It was followed by another phone screen with the manager, some basic questions and rest behavioral. Called for onsite next week. Interviewed with 4 people for a total of 5 hrs. first interview on Static timing analysis, second was on basics of circuit design and backend validation. Third on complete asic design flow with tool flow based questions on timing and improving power/sizing and ttm. Fourth was all about scripting.

Interview Questions

• Setup and hold time explanation on the board with timing diagrams and transistor level diagram of a register.   Answer Question
    • Basic concepts of perl and Global expressions for a list of strings.   Answer Question
    • Script to parse through a timing result file detailing the timing for some specified paths.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview

The interview took 4 hours, they asked technical questions and also why you want to join this company and what do you know about testing, also the famous traffic light question.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Interview

All day interview sessions composed of questions about basic semiconductor physics, analog circuits, RF IC, and so on.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The team really was in need of a design engineer ASAP. My resume was good fit for the kind of work they were expecting so the interview was very straight forward.
    The interview had few technical questions but that was to verify that I know what have on my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I had asked for... No Negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Dropped off resume at the career fair. Had an on-campus interview the next day, followed by a 6-hour onsite interview with 4 people. All the interviews were technical in nature. They offered me a position 3 months later.

Interview Questions

• None. Everything asked was based on resume details, coursework and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. This was during the recession and the salary was on the higher end of my other offers. In hindsight, I could have negotiated for a bit more, but I won't ever know!

Component Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got the replied in a few weeks. They only provided 6 to 9 months internship which made me to push my graduation day late. During the phone interview he asked over 20 questions includes computer architecture(very basic ones), verilog, programming. The guy who interviewed me was really bad at asking questions. He asked questions without pointing out which level I should went through. Things like "what's the different between SRAM and DRAM". I didn't know if he wanted from transistor level or computer architecture level or cost level. He even got the blocking and non blocking question wrong himself and blamed me got the "wrong answer"......Overall, easy questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between blocking and non blocking assignments in verilog?   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Interview

First got phone call from the hiring manager, asking my resume and one of my project. After 1 week, got an onsite interview with 6 engineers. Everyone is trying test one knowledge domain, including scripting, CMOS basics, timing analysis, signal integrity, power analysis and digital circuits. I feel like the last person is a high-level engineer with a lot of hard questions.

Interview Questions

• compare latch-based design and flop-based design.
      write a script to order numbers.
      describe a power regulator circuit.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was technical phone interview. It was basically regarding all the question from resume and projects. Also they asked about interconnect delay and inverters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager for a position I had not applied for, which I thought was funny (as I had applied for at least 2 dozen positions before). The phone interview was about 45 min and in the end he asked about the my availability for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very tiring (9 AM to 4 PM). I interviewed with 9/10 managers or team members. The questions ranged from verilog, RTL design, analog design, puzzles, transistor layout questions, perl scripting, c coding.
    There were a bunch of other candidates interviewing with me. They took all the candidates together for lunch which was a little awkward as everyone was trying to make an impression.
    A few questions were from my resume but others wew

Interview Questions

• Was given a verilog code and was asked to guess the function of the module. It was a voltage controlled oscillator.   Answer Question
    • There was a BIG sheet of transistor layout and the interviewer wanted me to figure out the function.   Answer Question