Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

3.5

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Process involved 2 in person interviews, both very technical, with a focus on financial statements and ROIs. There were some personality questions as well, but these were not the focus.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you consider when evalauting 2 alternative projects   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Questions

• I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Nearly all hiring into Intel Finance is either right out of undergrad or from an MBA program. Rigorous review process typically consisting of pre-screen, on-campus interviews, then on-site interview. Interview questions are behavioral and test finance technical understanding as well as soft skills.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I applied through my University. Interview process consisted of a pre-screen phone interview (~20-30 minutes) and on campus interviews (2 30-minute interviews back to back).
    Decision takes roughly 2-3 weeks after that to find out if you are offered the position.

The interviews are mostly behavioral; they have a set list of questions (tell me about a time when you had to work in a group; tell me about a time when you struggled to meet a deadline, etc.). A few technical questions talking about things like internal rate of return, cost structure, profit/gross margins.

Interview Questions

• A company is experiencing an increase in cost and missed their gross profit margin by a bit. What aspects of the company would you look into and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and one on one interview

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview

Only got through 1st round -
    1st round was a campus interview
    2 - 30 minute interviews -- the second one ran super long (50 minutes)
    Interviews were very technical -- very few behavioral questions and basically zero questions relating to your interest in Intel or the industry or why you are even sitting in the interview!
    One interview was about finance and even some supply chain technical questions straight off a piece of paper.
    The second interview was a business case that used some off the concepts talked about in the previous interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to convince your manager to make an investment of $1 M and there is no room in the budget - how would you do so?
      Who would you approach with a new idea? A manager, an colleague?
      How do you decide whether a project is worth it?
      What is the WACC? When does a company use this?
      How do you calculate the cost of equity?
      Would you capitalize an investment as an expense or treat it as an asset?
      What is the difference between the 3 financial statements? Please go through each of them and talk me through how they are connected.
      What is the competitive landscape of Intel?
      If I make an investment of say $ 1 M, walk me through how this affects all the statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through my MBA school. 2 30min back to back interviews with a lot of technical questions. Both the interviewers had a list of questions to ask mostly about pricing strategies as well as situational/behavioral. The interviews were tough especially as I was coming from a different background and had no direct experience in pricing. I asked what they were looking for in a candidate and they said logic and how the candidate handles difficult situation as they will teach the new hire all the other technical skills.

Interview Questions

• You have a product that has a fixed cost of $15 and sells for $10. What would you do?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by Intel after signing up for a career conference. At the career fair, Intel conducted two back to back hour long interviews by members of their Operational Finance team. Both interviews were one on one. Each interview was the same in that there were a mix of behavioral questions (pretty standard questions with a general theme of being able to influence a decision in an organization) and a mix of hypothetical manufacturing finance questions.

I was invited to Hillsboro, Oregon for the second and final round of interviews. In Oregon I went through two additional one hour interviews. The first interview was more of a consulting style "case" interview; however, at the time I had no idea what a case interview was and still managed to get my way through it. The second interview was yet another behavioral interview. The second round interviews were surprisingly similar to the first round in both difficulty and content.

Intel invites you out for the weekend to get acclimated to the Oregon area and to attend a couple of networking events. There's a certain culture that exists in Oregon and a lot of the employees seem to be originally from that area.

Interview Questions

• The selling price of CPUs is going down and the cost of producing CPUs is going up. What would you look at to respond to this situation?   1 Answer

I received an offer at about $101k/yr. My attempt to negotiate didn't go anywhere. Ultimately I decided to decline the offer as the culture of the organization seems to be dominated by engineers, and I feared that as a finance guy, I'd be somewhat of a second-class citizen. I do believe that it's a strong organization and they treat their people well, but ultimately it wasn't for me.

Finance Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I was asked to list my office preferences with my resume first, and then I had two interviews by phone. At least one of my interviewers was also an alumni of my school, and both were in different divisions within the department. Both phone calls were within a few days of one another.

Interview Questions

• If you were presented with two business opportunities in the company, how would you evaluate them and pick one to pursue?   Answer Question